Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware
Dec 5, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #121 of 256
  Just to add another bug. I'm on the latest beta firmware. I cannot disable the blue light bar from pulsing when charging the X7. I've tried full data factory reset and checking/unchecking the on/off settings repeatedly without success. It is particularly annoying as I would like to leave the X7 docked in the K5 but the constant pulsing is not good. I've had this issue throughout the beta firmware. Is this thread monitored by Fiio?

I doubt FiiO is monitoring this thread.  Best to report this at http://www.fiio.me/forum.php

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #123 of 256

Scrolling on the timeline of a tune is also painfully slow. Takes a good 1-2 seconds for the music to catch up after you realese your finger. Also takes a while to swipe from song to song (left or right). You can´t do it right away as it needs like 5 seconds to let you swipe to next song (the view in Fiio player where you see the big cover art).

This lag has been improved considerably in FW3.0.10beta. Please let us know if you still have issues with the latest beta FW.

One thing I have noticed is the folder view of fiio music. First of all, you cannot swipe from left to write on a song to show its information (the (i) icon) but you can do this in the other sections. Also, it's very slow to load. Other apps such as neutron and power amp display album art with no issue.

I've noticed that too. Also, the newer theme in 3.0.10beta seems to load album artwork slower than the default theme.

Also wanted to add that neutron doesn't appear to allow me to put the volume up, I looked up the problem and it appears that usually a notification pops up warning the users not to listen at high volumes. Normally you just click "ok" and it works. But the notification is popping up at all so I can only decrease the volume.

I have the same issues you describe, plus no continuous volume change when holding the buttons down, plus the track skip buttons operate as forward/rewind within the track. If those hardware buttons worked, I think the X7 FW would be complete for me, because in every other regard Neutron seems to work perfectly.

+1 on this problem: 
10. Certain third party apps fail to stream (Amazon music audio, YouTube Video). (1 vote)

I have an issue with Bandcamp - it frequently stops streaming and requires restart occasionally to start streaming again. Confirmed on 3.0.10. 

Also I would like to repost a long-time problem here from fiio.me. Google Play Music caches files to internal memory. When trying to download large playlists, it exhausts memory very quickly and stops downloading. 

Detailed description below (x-post from my post at fiio.me). Also confirmed with 3.0.10 yesterday. 
Google Play Music works well when streaming music. When I try to download album or playlist for offline listening, the Google app downloads to internal storage, which is limited to 1.9GB. If I try to download 5GB playlist, it stops downloading once the internal storage is full. The app is not capable of downloading to internal sdcard (labeled in FW 3.0.9 as NAND FLASH). This is quite disappointing, because I can't listen to my playlists in Google Play while offline. 

Thanks for the great feedback! Noted :)

Just to add another bug. I'm on the latest beta firmware. I cannot disable the blue light bar from pulsing when charging the X7. I've tried full data factory reset and checking/unchecking the on/off settings repeatedly without success. It is particularly annoying as I would like to leave the X7 docked in the K5 but the constant pulsing is not good. I've had this issue throughout the beta firmware. Is this thread monitored by Fiio?

Again, thanks for the feedback. I've always kept that pulsing light while charging, but I will try to reproduce your problem...

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #124 of 256
This lag has been improved considerably in FW3.0.10beta. Please let us know if you still have issues with the latest beta FW.

In on .10 Beta now and yes the issue is a non-issue now :)

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #125 of 256
- Search function are not good, don't find anything.
- Some problems with some caracters, like 'ç', é, à, á.
- Some music are not scanned too.
- The clips and shuttering are almost gone, but have some.
- The battery is consumed very fast with my AM5 module.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #126 of 256

I have the same problem. The blue light does not turn off when charging (at least the light does not turn off when the X7 is off and charging).

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #128 of 256
Yep same here, thought I accidentally turned on the feature

Confirmed that the pulsar light cannot be disabled while the X7 is off and being charged. I can understand this might be an annoyance to those charging their devices at night.
Here's a suggestion that might help:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A6-EASECASE-Custom-Made-Genuine-Leather-case-for-Fiio-X7-/262745915071?hash=item3d2ce07ebf:g:Q7EAAOSwcdBWTXe~

These are custom-made cases (you even have the option of engravings on the leather). I chose tan/brown, with no cut-outs at the sides for the buttons and just the two openings at the bottom (since I don't own the am3):

These are very nicely made (similar quality to the Dignis cases), but have the advantage of the player sliding in from the top. With the Dignis and FiiO cases, the X7 slides in from the bottom, which leaves it able to slip down (or out?!) while you're holding it.  The one disadvantage (or is it?!) with the Easecase, is that the pulsar light is completely obscured :wink:

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #129 of 256
A couple of people have mentioned about shortened battery life with the am5 amp. I only have am1 and am2, but I've also noticed that the player seems to need charging more regularly these days. That's a horribly unscientific observation (I randomly hop back and forth between pure music and Android mode and only use the amp about 50% of the time - the rest of the time the amp's attached but I'm only using the LO) and even if I'm correct, it may be more to do with general degradation of Li-ion batteries over time, rather than anything to do with the firmware.

Has anybody else noticed significant changes in battery life? If so, which amp module(s) are you using?

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #131 of 256
FW3.0.11_beta is now out! There's still no gapless playback support and scanning of large filesystems still seems to be problematic.
The improvements, relative to FW3.0.10_beta are as follows:

1. Fixed issue of short battery life with standby or playing;
2. Fixed issue where FiiO Music might not remember the last track list that's played before exiting, or might exit abnormally when resume playing the remembered list;
3. Fixed issue where some tracks with embedded CUE sheet cannot be played;
4. Fixed issue where some tracks could notbe found when scanning for media;
5. Fixed issue where the album art was displayed incorrectly when skipping tracks in Random mode;
6. Fixed issue where the pull-down notification center would collide with the widgets;
7. Improved the media search function;
8. Improved the DLNA function;
9. Reopened the Off Timer function in FiiO Music;
10. Change the default theme to the new Black theme.

Quote:
Hi...I have X7 running latest FW with AM2 amp. Listening music at 70% or less and I noticed that battery life is very poor also player is getting a bit hotter than before.

This was item 1 on the list, so hopefully things have improved. Several people thought the issue was the am5 amp, but it seems the culprit was the indexing daemon.  I'd be interested to have your feedback on the battery life with 3.0.11_beta.

Also, is anybody still having issues with the VU meter? It seems to work for me. Can I scratch this from the list?

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #132 of 256
GAPLESS PLAYBACK!!!!

My vote for it.

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #135 of 256
I'd like to be able to play all my music!!!! In 3.0.10 I scanned 6277 and played 99%. I'd wipped my card and added more music, the 200gb card was out of the x7 loading 6596. I updated to 3.0.11 cleared cash and Fiio music file and the image file with the file manager. Sony MediaGo verifies 6596 and plays a random selection of tracks from the card in a usb adapter in a pc. But when scanned in the x7 it only sees 5348 they are ordinary FLAC files that will not play though they can be navigated to in the file structure. Search will not find them. But the play on anything on a pc including Windows media player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back