Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware
Nov 20, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #91 of 256
Ah and I just switched back and now it's not playing the dsf files at all in fiio music. It was playing them before. Just thought to let you know.

Hi @fezzyness, If this is something you can reproduce consistently, can you please pm me a sample file that causes this problem? All my DSD files are playing (via HO or LO) without problems on 3.0.8beta. 

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #98 of 256
In all Views some .aif Album/files cover not shown. All cover embedded with Itunes newest version. No problem with X5 2.gen.
DAC Function crashes X7 on MacBook Pro (mid. 2010), OSX Sierra.
Still some clicks when Song starts.

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #99 of 256
Here's FiiO's list of changes/improvements in FW3.0.9beta:
  1. Fixed issue where noise could be heard through USB DAC when using live wallpaper;
2. Fixed issue where the Resume mode would not take effect in some cases;
3. Fixed issue where FiiO Music might exit abnormally when scanning for some CUE tracks;
4. Fixed issue where the first two seconds of an ISO track would be played repeatedly when skipping tracks;
5. Fixed issue where FiiO Music would exit abnormally in some cases if the Skip through folders was set to ON;
6. Fixed issue where the VU meter would not work if the playback was paused for some time;
7. Fixed issue where the playback could not be paused in lockscreen when playing ISO tracks;
8. Fixed issue where the display of the ISO/M3U list would not change when pressing the Prev/Next buttons on the unit;
9. Fixed issue where after entering the Now Playing menu from a list then getting back, the display would always locate to the first track of the list (now it will remember the position of the last track that's clicked);
10. Added new function of remembering the Album/All songs view mode under an Album;
11. Improved the stuttering issue when playing ISO tracks;
12. Improved the speed of scanning for songs;
13. Miscellaneous bug fixes;

Number 9 is a nice fix. I hadn't listed this as a bug, as I considered this more UI design/behavior, but I MUCH prefer the behavior in 3.0.9beta :) I still have some issues with item 5 - not crashes, but the FiiO music app, when playing through folders, sometimes jumps to the first subdirectory in an artist folder, rather than the next folder listed alphabetically. Has anybody else notices this? Also, curiously, the FiiO music app struggles to order folders alphabetically. Do you see the problem in the following?:

Anyone else having trouble loading album art while scrolling through your library?

I admire your patience! I gave up with anything but folder navigation a long time ago. But yes, if I navigate by artist, the FiiO music app is a bit slow to load the artwork. It does load for me, but it's not instant. (In 3.0.9beta, navigating by artist still leads you, by default, to the entire list of all tracks by that artist, which is not useful.) I suspect the image loading speed is a function of the image type and size. I typically have a cover.jpg file in each of my FLAC folders, and I don't aim for hi-res images. Images embedded in .aif files seem to be a problem. Are there any other type of image that aren't loading?

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #100 of 256
FW 3.0.9 Beta

I own a 1 TB. Kingston HyperX Pendrive connected to the Fiio X7 that runs perfectly on FW 2.0 and scans more than 8.500 songs in less than 15 minutes.

Scanning:
On FW 3.0.9 takes about 20 minutes to reach about three quarters(sometimes is 6.600, others is 3.600 because i scan it very times after completely removing the database) and then is very hardly and slowly to FiiO continue scanning. Its scans about 20 o 30 new files every 5 minutes. Then between the last quarter, (its depends sometiemes is 6.600-6.700 others 3.700-3.800 sometimes), never show the circle below the last quarter, shows scanning finished with only 6.600-6.700 some scanning or 3.700-3.800 songs other scannings, instead of the more than 8.500 songs that i own on my pendrive. Total scanning time is about 30-40 minutes.

When its scanning sometimes shows the volume screen as if he had pressed any volume button, but never pressed it.

Playing:
Browsing through folders and files I can't play some songs of some folders. When i press the song to play it, it does nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I think this is due to long folders names and long file names. Seems to be that the long of file path that FW 3.0 admit is shorter than FW 2.0. I also think that the shorter long of the file path in FW 3.0 is the problem when scanning.

Others:
Swiftkey or any other additional keyboard not run in pure music. Only runs the default Android keyboard.

Solved:
- Especial languages characters that shows chinese characters is solved. Now all characters in all languages shows correctly. I have song names in russian and special spanish characters like "Ñ ñ".
- My only DSD album that i can't play on Fiio X7 from about more than 500 DSD albums in my library now plays correctly. I would like to know what the problem was.

Nov 26, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #101 of 256
  FW 3.0.9 Beta

I own a 1 TB. Kingston HyperX Pendrive connected to the Fiio X7 that runs perfectly on FW 2.0 and scans more than 8.500 songs in less than 15 minutes.

Scanning:
On FW 3.0.9 takes about 20 minutes to reach about three quarters(sometimes is 6.600, others is 3.600 because i scan it very times after completely removing the database) and then is very hardly and slowly to FiiO continue scanning. Its scans about 20 o 30 new files every 5 minutes. Then between the last quarter, (its depends sometiemes is 6.600-6.700 others 3.700-3.800 sometimes), never show the circle below the last quarter, shows scanning finished with only 6.600-6.700 some scanning or 3.700-3.800 songs other scannings, instead of the more than 8.500 songs that i own on my pendrive. Total scanning time is about 30-40 minutes.

When its scanning sometimes shows the volume screen as if he had pressed any volume button, but never pressed it.

Playing:
Browsing through folders and files I can't play some songs of some folders. When i press the song to play it, it does nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I think this is due to long folders names and long file names. Seems to be that the long of file path that FW 3.0 admit is shorter than FW 2.0. I also think that the shorter long of the file path in FW 3.0 is the problem when scanning.

Others:
Swiftkey or any other additional keyboard not run in pure music. Only runs the default Android keyboard.

Solved:
- Especial languages characters that shows chinese characters is solved. Now all characters in all languages shows correctly. I have song names in russian and special spanish characters like "Ñ ñ".
- My only DSD album that i can't play on Fiio X7 from about more than 500 DSD albums in my library now plays correctly. I would like to know what the problem was.

Hello JaviAl,

French Language also needs a little more work from Fiio.

For Examplel: "Rétroviseur" shown as "Re?troviseur" or "Mongali Chez là bas" as "Mongali Chez la? bas", and so on.

regards

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #102 of 256
FW 3.0.9
The speed of transferring files to internal space decreased twice from 3.0.7 if I'm not mistaken! (was 6.75-7.30 mb\s, now it is 2.3-3.30mb\s)

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #103 of 256
I discover the problem related to not scanning all songs that harpo1 and me reported several times ago.

The problem is the long path to the files that is very limited and shortened in FW 3.0.x. or FW 3.0.x has a problem with long paths that needs to be corrected.

All my files and folders name are long, but the full path to a file (a song) is very more short than the standard long path that any device admits and support. All my long paths runs on Windows, Linux, Android and on every device except Fiio X7 with FW 3.0.x. On FW 2.0 all long paths runs perfectly. Because of this, the problem is not about how long our paths are, the problem is that FW 3.0 has problems to manage this does need to be solved.

Please, add this bug to the list.

And Fiio, please solve this bug and you solve the scanning problems and the files that i can't play on Fiio X7 with firmware FW 3.0.x.

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #104 of 256
I tried again on an pendrive with only 2 albums with long paths and runs perfect without problems scanning and playing. Also the scanning is very quickly. The problem is with my 1 TB. pendrive with 507 GB. used with music files and artwork.

Like others are saying, the problem is not about long full paths. Sorry for the confusion. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back