Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware
Nov 28, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #106 of 256
  Is anybody still seeing Chinese characters in their file/track names? I don't have that problem anymore. If nobody else does either, I'll scratch it from the list of bugs/issues.

Oh yes! you should see what happens to languages with accents!!!!!

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #107 of 256
I check this path on some different USB pendrives with X7 with FW 3.0.9 and not run on any pendrive devices. Also on pendrives with only this file and path it takes about 2 minutes to scan and then say 0 files scanned:

30 Clásica\Berlioz, Hector\1969 Grande Messe des Morts (Requiem, Op. 5, Berlioz) (R2004) (DSD64 2.0) - Maurice Abranel\01 Requiem Aeternam et Kyrie - Introitus (Requiem, Op. 5, Berlioz) - Maurice Abravanel.dsf

In FW 2.0 runs perfectly in all pendrive devices. 

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #109 of 256
Listened to my X7 with AM3 module for about 4-5 hours straight yesterday. No reall issues to report really. Listened both through balanced output and Lineout to Oppo HA-2 amp. Scanned my Sandisk 128gb card with just sub 6000 files and it took a bout 5 minutes.

For a beta it runs very smoothly for me. I use spotify which works flawlessly for me and I listen with Fiio Music in pure music mode. I get the occasional hickup in folder view where the albums are not sorted in alphabetic order for some reason. It will look like;

Bon Iver - Bon Iver
Bon Iver - For Emma
Bon Jovi - Slippery when wet
Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA
Bon Iver - 22

Scrolling on the timeline of a tune is also painfully slow. Takes a good 1-2 seconds for the music to catch up after you realese your finger. Also takes a while to swipe from song to song (left or right). You can´t do it right away as it needs like 5 seconds to let you swipe to next song (the view in Fiio player where you see the big cover art).

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #110 of 256
One thing I have noticed is the folder view of fiio music. First of all, you cannot swipe from left to write on a song to show its information (the (i) icon) but you can do this in the other sections. Also, it's very slow to load. Other apps such as neutron and power amp display album art with no issue.

Also, the android OS is still running a bit slow, don't get me wrong it's a good update in the right direction, but still definitely not polished enough.

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #116 of 256
Finally got 3.0.10beta - thanks to @fezzyness :)

The forward and rewind controls certainly seem much less laggy and way more responsive. Can we scratch this off the list now? :wink:

The FiiO music app's new theme is nice, but this probably wasn't the highest priority. Neutron player has a lot of functionality direct from the lock screen now, but the hardware buttons (continuous volume up/down, track forward/backward) don't work properly. I understand it must be difficult for FiiO to make all features work in 3rd party apps, which is why I'm still holding out hope for FiiO's own music app.

FiiO - if you're listening - all I want for Christmas is gapless playback in the FiiO music app on my X7!

Dec 4, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #117 of 256
Finally got 3.0.10beta - thanks to @fezzyness :)

The forward and rewind controls certainly seem much less laggy and way more responsive. Can we scratch this off the list now? :wink:

The FiiO music app's new theme is nice, but this probably wasn't the highest priority. Neutron player has a lot of functionality direct from the lock screen now, but the hardware buttons (continuous volume up/down, track forward/backward) don't work properly. I understand it must be difficult for FiiO to make all features work in 3rd party apps, which is why I'm still holding out hope for FiiO's own music app.

FiiO - if you're listening - all I want for Christmas is gapless playback in the FiiO music app on my X7!

Yay! Happy to help :)

Also wanted to add that neutron doesn't appear to allow me to put the volume up, I looked up the problem and it appears that usually a notification pops up warning the users not to listen at high volumes. Normally you just click "ok" and it works. But the notification is popping up at all so I can only decrease the volume.

Also Fiio Music app DLNA is still down for the count, immediately exits every time I press a song now.

I do appreciate the new skin, though it definitely still needs some work lolol. The dac logo looks a little less professional but I think it's fun! I like it. Still averaging only 6mbps when transferring in USB mode which is a bit slow.

Overall getting happier!! Can't wait to scratch off that entire list haha

Dec 4, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #118 of 256
FW 3.0.10 beta

Trying with FW 3.0.10 beta the scanning problem continues the same.

I also try to accesing the folders that Fiio can't, with ES File Explorer and try to copy, rename, delete without problems.

I also try with Hiby Music and its scans all my more than 8.500 songs very quickly with FW 3.0.10 beta.

So the problem is Fiio Music accesing some files or folders than also can't scan it.

Fiio Music also show chineses characters on some international characters, but not always. I have some songs with international characters that shows ok, and others that the same international characters shows with a Chinese character.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #119 of 256
+1 on this problem: 
10. Certain third party apps fail to stream (Amazon music audio, YouTube Video). (1 vote)

I have an issue with Bandcamp - it frequently stops streaming and requires restart occasionally to start streaming again. Confirmed on 3.0.10. 

Also I would like to repost a long-time problem here from fiio.me. Google Play Music caches files to internal memory. When trying to download large playlists, it exhausts memory very quickly and stops downloading. 

Detailed description below (x-post from my post at fiio.me). Also confirmed with 3.0.10 yesterday. 
Google Play Music works well when streaming music. When I try to download album or playlist for offline listening, the Google app downloads to internal storage, which is limited to 1.9GB. If I try to download 5GB playlist, it stops downloading once the internal storage is full. The app is not capable of downloading to internal sdcard (labeled in FW 3.0.9 as NAND FLASH). This is quite disappointing, because I can't listen to my playlists in Google Play while offline. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #120 of 256
Just to add another bug. I'm on the latest beta firmware. I cannot disable the blue light bar from pulsing when charging the X7. I've tried full data factory reset and checking/unchecking the on/off settings repeatedly without success. It is particularly annoying as I would like to leave the X7 docked in the K5 but the constant pulsing is not good. I've had this issue throughout the beta firmware. Is this thread monitored by Fiio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back