Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware
Dec 9, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #137 of 256
  I'd like to be able to play all my music!!!! In 3.0.10 I scanned 6277 and played 99%. I'd wipped my card and added more music, the 200gb card was out of the x7 loading 6596. I updated to 3.0.11 cleared cash and Fiio music file and the image file with the file manager. Sony MediaGo verifies 6596 and plays a random selection of tracks from the card in a usb adapter in a pc. But when scanned in the x7 it only sees 5348 they are ordinary FLAC files that will not play though they can be navigated to in the file structure. Search will not find them. But the play on anything on a pc including Windows media player.

I have the exact same issue and have since FW3.0.xx was introduced.  I've sent them log files but they can't seem to fix it.  No problem on FW2.0 and below.  I'm starting to get frustrated with FiiO.

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #138 of 256
  I have the exact same issue and have since FW3.0.xx was introduced.  I've sent them log files but they can't seem to fix it.  No problem on FW2.0 and below.  I'm starting to get frustrated with FiiO.

2 steps forward and 3 back.
deadhorse.gif

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #139 of 256

ME as well !!!!

Also added :)

I'm feeling your pain folks. Somehow the large number of files seems to trip up the file indexing.

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #140 of 256
it takes a long time to open a folder with a lot of files in the file explorer. Also we still cannot view the details of files when in the folder view, very odd.

I also cannot seem to get my USB DAC function to output at 384khz,

Also I am very curious to know if anyone else is using Neutron, When I go to audio hardware in the settings, playing dsd files, it says i'm playing at 48khz, and In:64 bit, OUT: 16-bit. Why is that??

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #145 of 256
Player PRO can not see the music! On 2.0 it worked. On 3.0.x firmware can not find the files ... (guilty android media scanner???)
Who uses the Player PRO? It shows the media files on 3.0.x?

Dec 10, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #147 of 256

Complete List of Known X7 3.0.11beta Firmware Issues:

1. Gapless playback unsupported/unreliable. (11 votes)

2. Failure to scan large numbers of files in FiiO music app. (6 votes)

2. Chinese characters in some file names. (6 votes)

3. Erratic behavior of the VU meter. (4 votes)

3. Slow file-transfer speed when using the internal memory. (4 votes)

4. FiiO music app can freeze or exit abnormally. (3 votes)

4. Total track time display missing/track time unreliable in FiiO music app. (3 votes)

4. Certain third party apps fail to stream (Amazon music audio, Bandcamp, YouTube Video). (3 votes)

5. Unreliable volume control in the FiiO music app via up/down swipe on the right of the screen. (Volume-control now seems to work more reliably, but HUD randomly fails to appear.) (2 votes)

5. Bluetooth aptX not displaying in status bar. (2 votes)

5. Bluetooth playback of DSD files fails and/or crashes FiiO music app. (2 votes)

5. Pulsar light cannot be disabled while device is off and charging. (2 votes)

6. ISO tracks cannot be added to media library - they can currently only be added to Playlists or Folders. (1 vote)

6. Track titles containing special characters such as quotes cause the FiiO music app to crash. (1 vote)

6. Intermittent failure of the auto-poweroff feature (both in Android and Pure Music mode). (1 vote)

6. When using navigation by folders, folders are not always ordered alphabetically. (1 vote)

6. Some cover art failing to load. (1 vote)

6. Some third party apps (e.g., Google Play music) can only download to the limited internal memory storage. (1 vote)

Greetings X7 users! This thread has been created with the blessing of FiiO in order to maintain a single list of known bugs/issues with the latest X7 firmware. As of now, the latest firmware is Android 5.1.1, FW 3.0.11beta. I will update this number and the list below as and when new firmware is released.

If you have a problem with your X7, please check the list above before posting. There's a good chance others have already experienced the same issue and FiiO are already aware of it. If you don't see your issue listed below, feel free to add a post and I'll do my very best to confirm the issue and add it to the list. If you find your issue on the list and still want to vent, please post on this thread to vote on it!

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

1) Please check that your suspected bug/issue isn't already listed. If it is, just post on this thread to vote on it. Please save general X7-related discussions for the main X7 thread.

2) Thank you to all those of you that voted in the initial poll for the 3.0.4beta firmware. Unfortunately, the headfi poll feature turned out to be too inflexible, so I've now simply replaced it with the above list, with the results carried over from the initial poll. If anybody would like to vote on an item, just post in this thread or PM me and I'll manually tally the votes. Likewise, if you would like to vote for another item that you didn't initially vote for, or if you think you've encountered a new bug that isn't on the list, please post about it in this thread.

3) The above list is currently restricted to issues with existing, advertised (or one-time advertised) functionality. Perhaps if there's enough interest we could create a separate list for feature requests...?
gap less is the only bug I am waiting for a fix for

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #148 of 256
I've had some odd glitches occurring. Charging and now every now and then it crashes and shuts down. It's a shame that by the time this product is actually finished, my warranty probably will be expired....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back