- Jun 4, 2014
Complete List of Known X7 3.3.5 Firmware Issues:
1. Some international characters in track names still being displayed incorrectly. (8 votes)
2. Slow file-transfer speed when using the internal memory. (5 votes)
3. FiiO music app can freeze or exit abnormally. (4 votes)
3. At the start of a new playback, the X7 skips roughly the first second of the track. (4 votes)
4. Track time (and total track time) sometimes unreliable in FiiO music app. (3 votes)
4. Unreliable search function in FiiO music app. (3 votes)
5. Unreliable volume control in the FiiO music app via up/down swipe on the right of the screen. (Volume-control now seems to work more reliably, but HUD randomly fails to appear.) (2 votes)
5. Bluetooth aptX not displaying in status bar. (2 votes)
6. Bluetooth playback of DSD files fails and/or crashes FiiO music app. (2 votes)
6. Pulsar light cannot be disabled while device is off and charging. (2 votes)
6. Some cover art failing to load. (2 votes)
7. ISO tracks cannot be added to media library - they can currently only be added to Playlists or Folders. (1 vote)
7. Track titles containing special characters such as quotes cause the FiiO music app to crash. (1 vote)
7. Intermittent failure of the auto-poweroff feature (both in Android and Pure Music mode). (1 vote)
7. Some third party apps (e.g., Google Play music) can only download to the limited internal memory storage. (1 vote)
7. When playing through folders, playback does not always continue with the subsequent (alphabetically-ordered) folder. (1 vote)
7. Fleksy keyboard freezes. (1 vote)
7. Bluetooth remote intermittently works only after second press. (1 vote)
Greetings X7 users! This thread has been created with the blessing of FiiO in order to maintain a single list of known bugs/issues with the latest X7 firmware. As of now, the latest firmware is Android 5.1.1, FW 3.3.5. I will update this number and the list below as and when new firmware is released. The latest firmware can be downloaded from FiiO's website directly or (since FiiO's server can be extremely slow), the following mirror:
If you have a problem with your X7, please check the list above before posting. There's a good chance others have already experienced the same issue and FiiO are already aware of it. If you don't see your issue listed below, feel free to add a post and I'll do my very best to confirm the issue and add it to the list. If you find your issue on the list and still want to vent, please post on this thread to vote on it!
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:
1) Please check that your suspected bug/issue isn't already listed. If it is, just post on this thread to vote on it. Please save general X7-related discussions for the main X7 thread.
2) Thank you to all those of you that voted in the initial poll for the 3.0.4beta firmware. Unfortunately, the headfi poll feature turned out to be too inflexible, so I've now simply replaced it with the above list, with the results carried over from the initial poll. If anybody would like to vote on an item, just post in this thread or PM me and I'll manually tally the votes. Likewise, if you would like to vote for another item that you didn't initially vote for, or if you think you've encountered a new bug that isn't on the list, please post about it in this thread.
3) The above list is currently restricted to issues with existing, advertised (or one-time advertised) functionality. Perhaps if there's enough interest we could create a separate list for feature requests...?