Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware
Dec 19, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #166 of 256
perhaps you could upload a copy of the WAV file to your dropbox then I could try different apps to see if it produces a flac without error message?

Thanks for the feedback tkteo. It looks like this is an issue with my files. I believe these were acu-rip corrected from Cuetools. Re-converting from ALAC to FLAC, I got them working with the FiiO music app again :) tkteo - can I ask what software you used to check the FLAC file?

Dec 19, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #167 of 256
Thanks for the feedback tkteo. It looks like this is an issue with my files. I believe these were acu-rip corrected from Cuetools. Re-converting from ALAC to FLAC, I got them working with the FiiO music app again :) tkteo - can I ask what software you used to check the FLAC file?

FLAC Frontend graphical interface gives you easier access to encoding decoding and testing FLAC files
http://flacfrontend.sourceforge.net/

but the Frontend ships with FLAC 1.3.0 so I manually replaced the 1.3.0 version files with the 1.3.1
FLAC 1.3.1 for Windows http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/flac/flac-1.3.1-win.zip

Dec 19, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #168 of 256
Dear FiiO,

I read the James letters and i know and i understand all the situation. I'm a program developer and i know all the complex, problems and limitations of programing on Android. I also understand that you have migrated from an outside company, Hibby Music maybe, and you have created your own development team, and in fact it seems very good and the best you have done.

I'm also happy to contribute to develop de best Android player for FiiO, which has no competition, and which will be, in the future, the best in the market, better than the Astell & Kern, Onkyo, Pionner, etc. players. And also i wish that in the future be best than Neutron and JetAudio. I'm also want to contribute with a lot of ideas, suggestions, recommendations, functions, features and more.

I also understand that all this has gone out of your hands and is taking more time than you promised for the firmware update, and also are emerging more problems than you imagined.

But I also understand the users frustations on waiting a lot of time for the new FW version. And for those who are trying the beta software i also understand that is a personal decision to try with a beta software that all knows that is unfinished software with a lot of bugs. Anyone who installs beta software is implicitly accepting the bugs, errors and problems that this entails.

For example in my case, i try all the beta to see the new features and bugs, and then, because of the scanning problem, i return to the FW 2.0 that scans all my music.

When i have time, i spend time investigating bugs, or the matter of some bugs like you, because i like it and i like to do it.

But when i want to play music without the scanning problem, i return to the FW 2.0 and plays very well with the best sound quality that i never heard in my life later.

And because 3.0.x is a beta FW and exist other FW, the 2.0, that is not beta and runs very well (except the Google Play Services problem), I do not complain, nor do I require responsibilities to FiiO. I expend my time with FW 3.0 and investigating bugs to help FiiO because i want it and like to do it.

I'm happy with Fiio X7 with FW 2.0. I also want more features and funtions, but i'm happy with it and how it sounds. And i don't expect to not buy any other FiiO in the future, i expect that FiiO finished well this work, and waiting to see the future FiiO X7 II Pro.

But I also think that FiiO should take us into consideration, and highly value everything that we are doing to help us to find faults, bugs, error, problems, missing functions, spending a lot of hours of our time, to really help FiiO to develop better software and to finish FW 3.0 without bugs. FiiO has to take into account all the flaws, bugs and problems we are discovering, sending them audio files and log files, even being us who find the problems that cause certain bugs.

And for all this I think FiiO would have to be very grateful to all of us who are doing the main and most active beta testing, we are less than 20 in head-fi, and give us for free, when its released, the FiiO X7 II Pro, for our help, our collaboration, our time, our suffering with bugs, our patience, and more.

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #169 of 256
Hi @JaviAI,

I have a question for you about the issue of scanning all your files. Have you tried stripping out any embedded artwork, and perhaps leaving just a cover.jpg file in each folder/directory? I know that's not a proper fix, but I'm curious to know if that would work for you as it seems to have fixed the directory scanning issue for others.

As to the sound changes, I have to be able to A/B with at most a 1-2 s gap in between. I'd really need two X7s in order to be sure of differences. Obviously, FiiO have said there have been changes to the sound, but all these modern DAPs typically measure ruler flat. Can you articulate what type of changes you heard? 

Quote:

And for all this I think FiiO would have to be very grateful to all of us who are doing the main and most active beta testing, we are less than 20 in head-fi, and give us for free, when its released, the FiiO X7 II Pro, for our help, our collaboration, our time, our suffering with bugs, our patience, and more.

That might be a little over-optimistic, but sure, I'd be up for a free X7ii Pro, so I'll give you a thumbs-up for that post :wink:

Dec 19, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #172 of 256

That might be a little over-optimistic, but sure, I'd be up for a free X7ii Pro, so I'll give you a thumbs-up for that post :wink:

Dear x7 community,
I think that intrinsically there is nothing wrong with the x7, the fact that fiio are launching the x5iii with android 5.1 and the same fiio player app would suggest that they think thay can fix the player app. In the launch notes for the x5iii it says it is to be first launched in China and then the rest of the world because of problems with the fiio player app and some of the other apps I guess that they have problems accessing because of where they are based. I'm using FW 3.0.12 and using Neutron under android, it works fine and finds all of my music, but the sound is not as crisp as with fiio player app. I'm in the process of removing cover art which solves the problem with the fiio app not scanning them. But time is short and I have other players that work with art tagged tracks so I'm only doing them as I find I would like to listen to them and maintaining a fiio only duplicate set. I can think of a number of other players with flakey apps etc, I'm sure you can too.
So basically keep faith people. And yes if there was a sweetener deal we would all take it that's human nature.
Kind regards to all.

But especially to Fiio themselves they do deserve some encouragement for what is one of the best sounding players out there.

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #173 of 256

I have a question for you about the issue of scanning all your files. Have you tried stripping out any embedded artwork, and perhaps leaving just a cover.jpg file in each folder/directory? I know that's not a proper fix, but I'm curious to know if that would work for you as it seems to have fixed the directory scanning issue for others.

I spend a lot of time every day cataloging and ordering all my music. Every files has his own custom tags like Album, Artist, Composer, Lyrics, Genres, Track Number, Disc Number and in every files there are at list three images at 1000x1000 pixels: The Album Cover, The Back Album Cover and the Media (CD or SACD) if exists. When i listening an album i want to see not only the album cover, the back album cover to see all tracks and more info. I know that X7 can't show only one embedded album art. On the album folder i also have a Cover.jpg with the cover art of the album.

I own about of 9.000 ordered files and i own other more about 20.000 files aprox. to catalog and order. I don't want to remove all my embedded artwork in my ordered catalog. I also not have time to do this. I own a lot of tags programas that do it automatically, but i dont want to do it now. I note that harpo1 and others has removed it and worked well. I think that the cause of the scanning problem is discovered and Fiio resolves its quickly.

I also expected in the future, may be in FW 3.1 or beyond, that Fiio player be able to use more tags in library, like Disc Number, Composer, Lyrics and also be able to allow various Artists, Composers, Genres in tag separated by semicolon that all mayority of players allow: JRiver, Foobar, MediaMonkey, etc. And allow more that one embedded artwork.

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #175 of 256
Really i don't check the sound. In FW 3.0.12 i check the scanning, the international characters and some things. Then returning quickly to FW 2.0 to hear music because 3.0.x don't allow a lot of folders to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back