Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 13, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #61,381 of 64,137
I've bought an embarrassing amount of stuff off KZ , their sister company CCA and numerous other ChiFi companies. Only had problems with a handful of orders. Given the price gouging and limited options locally, it still remains my best option most of the time. Diversifying suppliers risks more exposure of credit card information. Paying for DHL, FedEx or similar would balloon out the cost.

Having your first order screwed up must be annoying as hell. But the question is still, are other options better? As with most things. Pick any two; cheap; fast; done well. :triportsad:
This seems like a pretty average QC request. They just want to make absolutely sure no one wastes their time. Every time you need to ship it back and forth from china is basically a month spent. Doing this rules out all other possible failure points.

May 13, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #61,382 of 64,137
Hello everyone, here is my review of the KZ D-Fi (Tuning Version). A fantastic budget iem. KZ D-Fi Review
20230509_184728.jpg20230509_183004.jpg20230509_182205.jpg20230510_191733.jpg20230509_184258.jpg

May 13, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #61,386 of 64,137
Global store or the official one? Official store is still showing 45usd for me
I like KZ IEM’s but I will never order from ‘global’ again.

They are doing the ’fake tracking’ on me now. Ordered April 27th, ‘shipped’ May 9th and still no tracking information.

Lesson learned.

May 13, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #61,387 of 64,137
I hope nobody gets a defective product from KZ Global because getting a refund from them is a major hassle and nearly impossible on aliexpress.

After they denied my first request for a refund of my defective PR2, they asked for video evidence. So I obliged and gave them 2 clips showing the left monitor not producing any sound, just like they asked in the example video they showed me.

https://imgur.com/a/1K1J0ly

Then they sent me this message after I already gave them the video evidence, wanting more videos with different methods of showing more proof:

Seriously, screw KZ. Crappy QC and can't stand behind their products.

What a waste of time. Thank God it's only $30 down the drain. I'll never buy another KZ product again after this negative experience with them. Hope the $30 was worth losing a customer, KZ. :middle_finger_disabled_jxuqgx:

I do think their request of testing is reasonable. However, I would say, at the standpoint of manufacturing, it is always risky to buy the first batch. Production of first batch may be rushed to meet the deadline, in this case, the holiday week of May 1st. The second batch should be of better quality. Then comes the third batch with cost reduction, for normal products. But with KZ releasing of new product every second week, the third and onward batches may never come.

May 13, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #61,388 of 64,137

Attachments

• 1684001068309.png
    1684001068309.png
    542.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 13, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #61,389 of 64,137
I like KZ IEM’s but I will never order from ‘global’ again.

They are doing the ’fake tracking’ on me now. Ordered April 27th, ‘shipped’ May 9th and still no tracking information.

Lesson learned.
You may be right. But if they doing fake orders then theres going to be alot of annoyed people. Plus their rating is very high. 97.1% with over 5000 orders shipped. I checked my last order and it was from the offical store.

Also, the global store has over a 1000 orders and the offical store only has 338.

Cant remember which store had the discount.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #61,391 of 64,137
Hello everyone, here is my review of the KZ D-Fi (Tuning Version). A fantastic budget iem. KZ D-Fi Review
Thanks for the detailed review. I've had the D-Fi for a few days now so not fully burned in, but my first thought was that KZ (almost) nailed the tuning on this one. Sure, this will please those who prefer clean, slightly mid-forward Ety-target tuning style, while bassheads may be left unsatisfied. D-FI is d-finitely another departure from older KZ models aiming at a more balanced, warm-neutral sound sig. I'm using the default setting (DDDD) and find that the switches actually detract from the overall SQ, regardless how these affect the bass region. Maybe that's how the zobel circuitry gets involved, no idea. With each switch turned on, impedance actually goes down by about 10-20ohms. This is very interesting. On the default setting, you actually get a whooping 94ohms, which is crazy for a budget earphone. Andy measured it (see below).

If KZ can build on this already impressive default tuning while maintaining the high impedance, they have something with a juicy potential IMO. Personally, I'd add a touch more midbass for added note weight (same for PR2 btw), but again, for the purists this may already be too warm, so personal preferences d-finitely kick in here.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #61,392 of 64,137
Thanks for the detailed review. I've had the D-Fi for a few days now so not fully burned in, but my first thought was that KZ (almost) nailed the tuning on this one. Sure, this will please those who prefer clean, slightly mid-forward Ety-target tuning style, while bassheads may be left unsatisfied. D-FI is d-finitely another departure from older KZ models aiming at a more balanced, warm-neutral sound sig. I'm using the default setting (DDDD) and find that the switches actually detract from the overall SQ, regardless how these affect the bass region. Maybe that's how the zobel circuitry gets involved, no idea. With each switch turned on, impedance actually goes down by about 10-20ohms. This is very interesting. On the default setting, you actually get a whooping 94ohms, which is crazy for a budget earphone. Andy measured it (see below).

If KZ can build on this already impressive default tuning while maintaining the high impedance, they have something with a juicy potential IMO. Personally, I'd add a touch more midbass for added note weight (same for PR2 btw), but again, for the purists this may already be too warm, so personal preferences d-finitely kick in here.

Very well said man. Couldn't agree more. I don't think I've given the DDDD enough play time, maybe I will give it more. Anyways, this can be a harder set to drive but once done properly the reward is fantastic fidelity man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back