Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 12, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #61,366 of 64,370
You might find a phone's power output to be merely adequate for the PR2. It's really nothing to worry about, though, as inexpensive (<$25USD) high power DAC-AMP dongles are widely available.
Yeah I've got one of those, but i never use it.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #61,371 of 64,370
KZ EDXS
1 DD, Zobel Circuit tuning, no price given

345589776_1400838823821183_5961048737932510613_n.jpg
12061785.jpg

12061781.jpg
FYI there’s a measurement in PW’s squiglink with an “ignore this for now” note :p

May 13, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #61,372 of 64,370
May 13, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #61,373 of 64,370
I hope nobody gets a defective product from KZ Global because getting a refund from them is a major hassle and nearly impossible on aliexpress.

After they denied my first request for a refund of my defective PR2, they asked for video evidence. So I obliged and gave them 2 clips showing the left monitor not producing any sound, just like they asked in the example video they showed me.

https://imgur.com/a/1K1J0ly

Then they sent me this message after I already gave them the video evidence, wanting more videos with different methods of showing more proof:

Seriously, screw KZ. Crappy QC and can't stand behind their products.

What a waste of time. Thank God it's only $30 down the drain. I'll never buy another KZ product again after this negative experience with them. Hope the $30 was worth losing a customer, KZ. :middle_finger_disabled_jxuqgx:

Last edited:
May 13, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #61,376 of 64,370
I hope nobody gets a defective product from KZ Global because getting a refund from them is a major hassle and nearly impossible on aliexpress.

After they denied my first request for a refund of my defective PR2, they asked for video evidence. So I obliged and gave them 2 clips showing the left monitor not producing any sound, just like they asked in the example video they showed me.

Then they sent me this message after I already gave them the video evidence, wanting more videos with different methods of showing more proof:

What a waste of time. Thank God it's only $30 down the drain. I'll never buy another KZ product again after this negative experience with them. Hope the $30 was worth losing a customer, KZ. :middle_finger_disabled_jxuqgx:
That's unfortunate because they're actually quite good... 🤔

May 13, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #61,377 of 64,370

I've bought an embarrassing amount of stuff off KZ , their sister company CCA and numerous other ChiFi companies. Only had problems with a handful of orders. Given the price gouging and limited options locally, it still remains my best option most of the time. Diversifying suppliers risks more exposure of credit card information. Paying for DHL, FedEx or similar would balloon out the cost.

Having your first order screwed up must be annoying as hell. But the question is still, are other options better? As with most things. Pick any two; cheap; fast; done well. :triportsad:

May 13, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #61,378 of 64,370
Does planar iem, like PR2, need a burning time ?

May 13, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #61,379 of 64,370
I've bought an embarrassing amount of stuff off KZ , their sister company CCA and numerous other ChiFi companies. Only had problems with a handful of orders. Given the price gouging and limited options locally, it still remains my best option most of the time. Diversifying suppliers risks more exposure of credit card information. Paying for DHL, FedEx or similar would balloon out the cost.

Having your first order screwed up must be annoying as hell. But the question is still, are other options better? As with most things. Pick any two; cheap; fast; done well. :triportsad:
There are tons of better options, at least in the U.S. Most people buy cheap IEMs from Amazon, since they'll take returns and refunds quickly, with no questions asked.

Then there's the chi-fi retailers like Linsoul, HiFiGo, and Shenzenaudio, who all sell through Amazon as well and have to offer the same return policy. I haven't had to return a product from them directly yet, so I can't say how painless or easy it is to get something refunded from them. But I doubt they make customers jump through hoops like KZ Global via aliexpress is doing to me right now. It's basic customer service. KZ and aliexpress has none of it, apparently.

May 13, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #61,380 of 64,370
Does planar iem, like PR2, need a burning time ?
Perhaps "brain burn in"/adjustment period to get used to the different timbre (I don't want to start a debate here about whether or not burn in is real. I'll just say that the empirical evidence is pretty conclusive). I don't know; I don't have my PR2 yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back