Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 26, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #55,786 of 63,836
Jun 26, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #55,787 of 63,836
Their "10 drivers" is actually 5 per side :). KZ/CCA have been calculating like that since like forever :)
Oh yeah true. I forgot like ZS10 pro is 10 drivers total.

Jun 26, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #55,789 of 63,836
Jun 26, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #55,790 of 63,836
Then I will need to get another pair.... there is definitely a hole in my wallet now.....I will do some measurements first as I am not sure if it is worth doing so. I assume there will be no crossover for the DD again but will have a slightly lower contribution this time however still more than 75%. Maybe I will just swap the RC instead. For the CSN I still planned to do something overkill, that is to extract the DD and BA, tube them, mod the shell, and add an EST driver there or even a Bass BA. This will be definitely beyond my expertise also but hey, the CSN is cheap and I am not afraid of failure.
I'm super excited to see where this takes you! It sounds like such fun! There are also some sellers on AliExpress that sell resin, wood, and metal IEM shells if you find that the original shell no longer meets your standards.

Jun 26, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #55,791 of 63,836
Is it able to be repaired?
So then maybe which part of my iem which broken?
You can always drill a hole in the shell for extra venting.

Otherwise open your mouth and push your ear towards your back when inserting the iems.
Also check the vents and clean them, since this didnt happen until 4 months using them.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #55,792 of 63,836
Hello, i'm new here.. been using kz zs10 pro for 4 months. But, yesterday, my left piece of zs10 pro volume is turned down suddenly.. i don't know why. I could re-attach the 3.5 mm jack to get volume normal, but, if i create some vacuum by push the iem deep in my ear, the volume goes down, its like 2 stepped decreased volume. What happened, and is it could be repaired? Thank's.
As others have said, that sounds like driver flex, you could try cleaning the vents in the IEM's with a cloth and some polish, then crank the volume for five minutes with them out of your ears to move the dynamic driver. I would also take the filters off and try them without, temporarily, they might be damp or clogged. If so, try cleaning or replacing them. I remember back in the day when I had Shures, they used to come with replacable filters in case they became clogged, I have never had this problem however, I guess clean my ears regularly enough. You can buy replacement filters if it becomes a problem.

Jun 26, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #55,794 of 63,836
I'm super excited to see where this takes you! It sounds like such fun! There are also some sellers on AliExpress that sell resin, wood, and metal IEM shells if you find that the original shell no longer meets your standards.
Yea it is cheap to do and should be fun. I find myself enjoying more modding these cheap but good IEMs than getting an expensive IEM. I actually already tried reshelling the KZ EDX into a full metal shell but the result was just average. Also tried modding the plastic nozzles of the EDX into metal ones. There is a seller I found selling 3D printed shells that are super good looking but on TaoBao and I might get a few later.
20210401_163436_copy_756x1008.jpg

Drivers extracted from EDX.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #55,795 of 63,836
Hell folks , what is the lowest age of using these buds? My daughter of just 12 years of age .She wanted to use the EDX but told her not because shes too young for that without getting more technical on ear design etc . I own also the ZSN and the TRN ST1.
For the moment she didnt wear them because the shape annoyed her ears. She already used a few typical earplugs the last 2 years

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #55,796 of 63,836
Hi KZ fans - I'm currently enjoying a set of CCA C12 for the past couple of months. I listen to a lot of classical and jazz and am wondering if AS16 or the ZAX would be an upgrade? I have decided against CCA CA16 many describe the treble as being recessed or smoother over or some such vs. the C12, which is going the wrong direction for me. I had BL03s and hated them. bass was muddy to my ears and the treble was lacking clarity or sparkle. TRN and other chifi brands don't really speak to me.

I'm looking for tons of instrument separation, good soundstage, and lean toward bright preferences for treble. All those crispy sounds from a snare brush, the popping of sax reeds at low volume, mind piercing rips off a coronet solo - all that seems to disappear with what most people consider "good tuning that doesn't fatigue".

In CCA's newest linuep, I don't think CA16 or CKX are an upgrade over the C12 for me. Oddly enough, I chose C12 over ZSX terminators because there seemed to review as being a touch flatter, and I like to control the EQ curve moving genre to genre. I think it was probably the right choice but I haven't heard ZSX.

AST is close to being an impulse purchase but I am scared off with a KZ's trend toward rolled off or "contained" treble. From the graphs, the AST looks like a contradiction: 24 BAs tuned to be look like a single dynamic driver IEM. What gives?! Do all those drivers respond to EQ?

ZAX's open back design and elevated bass might have some pluses, as listening at lower volumes usually requires 3-5db bass increase for my ears. the "looseness" description about the bass seems worrying though for classical when things get busy at 70-85db.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. Debating DQ6 or CCN as a complimentary pair to this choice above ^ for rock and electronica.

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #55,797 of 63,836
Hi KZ fans - I'm currently enjoying a set of CCA C12 for the past couple of months. I listen to a lot of classical and jazz and am wondering if AS16 or the ZAX would be an upgrade? I have decided against CCA CA16 many describe the treble as being recessed or smoother over or some such vs. the C12, which is going the wrong direction for me. I had BL03s and hated them. bass was muddy to my ears and the treble was lacking clarity or sparkle. TRN and other chifi brands don't really speak to me.

I'm looking for tons of instrument separation, good soundstage, and lean toward bright preferences for treble. All those crispy sounds from a snare brush, the popping of sax reeds at low volume, mind piercing rips off a coronet solo - all that seems to disappear with what most people consider "good tuning that doesn't fatigue".

In CCA's newest linuep, I don't think CA16 or CKX are an upgrade over the C12 for me. Oddly enough, I chose C12 over ZSX terminators because there seemed to review as being a touch flatter, and I like to control the EQ curve moving genre to genre. I think it was probably the right choice but I haven't heard ZSX.

AST is close to being an impulse purchase but I am scared off with a KZ's trend toward rolled off or "contained" treble. From the graphs, the AST looks like a contradiction: 24 BAs tuned to be look like a single dynamic driver IEM. What gives?! Do all those drivers respond to EQ?

ZAX's open back design and elevated bass might have some pluses, as listening at lower volumes usually requires 3-5db bass increase for my ears. the "looseness" description about the bass seems worrying though for classical when things get busy at 70-85db.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. Debating DQ6 or CCN as a complimentary pair to this choice above ^ for rock and electronica.
Can you reccommend some reference tracks so people can get a feel for the music you listen to?

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #55,798 of 63,836

ZAX would be a direct upgrade of C12. If you are OK with a more ample bass, you should love the treble.

AS16 are more specific, treble is emphasized, bass is lean. I Iove them for strings, especially pizzicato, but it is hard to recommend unequivocally.

C16 (not CA16) may be a more midcentric all arounder for all BAs.

BA10 are definitely to consider, the look is more scary than the fit, but large audiophile-trained ears would certainly help :)

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #55,799 of 63,836

I really think you would like the CKX. It is an improvement on the C12 in every way and is my favourite CCA. I prefer it to the ZAX as it sounds more natural and has a better, more even treble. Bass is solid and the build quality is excellent. Pair it with a good cable like the TRI Through and you will get a lot of musical enjoyment.

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #55,800 of 63,836
I really think you would like the CKX. It is an improvement on the C12 in every way and is my favourite CCA. I prefer it to the ZAX as it sounds more natural and has a better, more even treble. Bass is solid and the build quality is excellent. Pair it with a good cable like the TRI Through and you will get a lot of musical enjoyment.
I second that rec. Pair with Sony Triple Comfort tips for improved bass performance and a very, very modest tempering of the treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back