Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 10, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #49,276 of 63,900
I love bass and sub-bass but the ZS7 have a strange tuning that I still did not understand.
I don't mean I do not like them, but there are better choices around.

I actually really like the ZS7, but not with the stock ear tips. If you're interested in a balanced sound, try wide-bore tips on the ZS7. JVC Spiral Dots (and Spiral Dots++) are nice, though the bass will still be a bit elevated. I have the Tenmak Whirlwind tips on my ZS7 right now, and they bring the overall bass down while delivering a really good sub-bass, mids and treble that I think works with a wide range of genres. (I'm also lucky that the ZS7 fit in my ears with no discomfort.)

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #49,278 of 63,900
I actually really like the ZS7, but not with the stock ear tips. If you're interested in a balanced sound, try wide-bore tips on the ZS7. JVC Spiral Dots (and Spiral Dots++) are nice, though the bass will still be a bit elevated. I have the Tenmak Whirlwind tips on my ZS7 right now, and they bring the overall bass down while delivering a really good sub-bass, mids and treble that I think works with a wide range of genres. (I'm also lucky that the ZS7 fit in my ears with no discomfort.)
Yes, the ZS7 is still one of my favourite IEMs, especially for a "fun" tuning. I also use Spiral Dots with them.

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #49,280 of 63,900
My top three KZs: ZS7, ZS10 Pro, ZSX.

Jan 10, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #49,282 of 63,900
And the ZS1 v1 (brass ring). Still one of my all time favorite KZs to this day.

If KZ re-released it 100% exactly how it originally came out, but updated it with a 2-pin socket, they’d sell a million of them. Especially with the recent resurgence in popularity of dynamic-only earphones.

ZS7, ZS10 Pro, ZS5 v1, ZS6 v1, and ZS1 v1 are my top 5.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #49,284 of 63,900
I've been using the S1 as my only IEM today. First chance I've had to really bond with it, though at maybe 10 hours it's not fully burned in yet.
Pros
3 hour battery life is pessimistic - I'm losing about 60% in 3 hours
Super comfortable - I've changed tips to the Chinese Sony Hybrids and the seal is the best I have with any IEM. Wearing them for 3 hours at a time is no issue at all. Any other IEM and I'd have been reaching for a pair of cans after an hour or so.
Sound is good for the money. Quite balanced, a small upper mid spike, and not for bassheads but it's likeable. Shallow V shape if anything.
Bluetooth connection seems totally reliable.
Cons
Some steeliness to the timbre but this only rears its ugly head in high volume situations. It's way better than the ZS10 in this regard.
Only seems to connect to my phone in SBC mode. All requests to do otherwise are ignored. This could be my phone or the S1 but I feel I should mention it.

Jan 10, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #49,286 of 63,900
The best KZ that I've tried so far is the ZS10 Pro. Haven't listen to other KZ much though

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #49,287 of 63,900
I just received my KZ ZST Pro, And KZ ZSR IEMs.
Both were in front of my door when I got home. Yea!

im listening to the ZST Pros right now.
Wow. I’m really surprised at how nice they sound.
These were so cheap!!! 14 or 15$. How the heck can they have such a nice sound?
They fit very well and have sexy bass. Maybe they aren’t the most detailed. But for so cheap
They easily sound Like 50$ IEMs. Crazy awesome sexy time!!
Go Go KZ!!!

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #49,288 of 63,900
Man these ZST pros sound so nice.
All I can really say to knowledge zenith is HOW?
How do these sound so good for 15$ ?
The only thing I can say that’s a little negative is. The mids are average.
I guess that’s the norm for a V shaped sound. But dang KZ. You’ve done good with these.
Ok. . . . .
Now It’s time to check out the ZSRs.

Jan 10, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #49,289 of 63,900
Ok. Been listening To the ZSRs for about 5 minutes. I know it’s too early to tell yet but.......
These already sound more capable then the ZST Pros. The ZST Pros are awesome for the price. But less “Complete”, if you catch my drift.
The ZSRs don’t have as much crazy bass. But WAY more then enough. And the thing is that the mids and highs are superior to my ears
with the ZSRs. Man oh man. 20$ for this??? I ate lunch today at work. It was 17.75$
These IEMs were 2.25$ more then my lunch. What???
Will get back once I listen more.
Take it easy :)

Jan 10, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #49,290 of 63,900
Bang for buck? Try the EDR1 or ED9!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back