Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 31, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #44,776 of 63,870
You out there @mbwilson111 ? Came across this while perusing the old photo bank and thought of you and your Bud collection! These are still my fave bud and maybe one of the best bargains in portable eva:grin:

What does it say on that black one?

May 31, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #44,777 of 63,870
81D24C52-3F4C-4B7B-8E25-395508FF6DF0.jpeg I just received the ZS7, but I thought it’s supposed to come with a total of 4 pairs of tips?

I only received 3, a spare mid star lines and a spare small starlines, and a pair of preindtalled but lobsided starlibes?!

May 31, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #44,778 of 63,870
I just received the ZS7, but I thought it’s supposed to come with a total of 4 pairs of tips?

I only received 3, a spare mid star lines and a spare small starlines, and a pair of preindtalled but lobsided starlibes?!

What you got is correct. ZS7 only comes with the three pairs of Starlines. The large ones looked pretty messed up though :S

May 31, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #44,779 of 63,870
I’m following this thread and reading about tip choices so I tried a bunch of “tip rolling” and found all kinds of new sound from C16 and my M6,
Tin T3’s are arriving tomorrow and I can’t wait to hear them even more. I’ve been on headfi awhile now but since I got the BA10’s from KZ I’ve been reading everyday and you folks here have written the most useful new info and minutiae that make such extreme changes sometimes in the sound I must acknowledge it. “Y’all ROCK” !!

Here is an old Zen X-fi I’ve had and enjoyed very much ....anybody else got one?
E93EB40E-2B05-461D-83DD-BFCBAD87EB4F.jpeg
8C585173-4C6B-4A37-85E9-7EC7EAFB7ADD.jpeg These latest QCYs are wonderful, boomy bass has smoothed way out with hardly any hours on these yet. $26 for these is really crazy inexpensive, I wonder how much ChiFi we’ll loose access to with the trade BS going on??
Welcome ZUNE enjoy the ride it gets better and better, you’ve got a fantastic start I must say!

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #44,780 of 63,870
I’m following this thread and reading about tip choices so I tried a bunch of “tip rolling” and found all kinds of new sound from C16 and my M6,
Tin T3’s are arriving tomorrow and I can’t wait to hear them even more. I’ve been on headfi awhile now but since I got the BA10’s from KZ I’ve been reading everyday and you folks here have written the most useful new info and minutiae that make such extreme changes sometimes in the sound I must acknowledge it. “Y’all ROCK” !!

Here is an old Zen X-fi I’ve had and enjoyed very much ....anybody else got one?

These latest QCYs are wonderful, boomy bass has smoothed way out with hardly any hours on these yet. $26 for these is really crazy inexpensive, I wonder how much ChiFi we’ll loose access to with the trade BS going on??

Those QCYs look very similar to the SoundPEATS TrueFree+ which I am in the midst of writing up a review for. They really are fantastic. Fun v-shaped signature with excellent bass. Impressed with how low they go. None of the early roll off that was common with earlier wireless stuff. These are slappers for sure.

IMG_4426.JPG

Edit: Oh yeah, KZ thread. Uhhhh.....ain't the ZS7 a gem?

DSC_0632.JPG

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #44,782 of 63,870
What does it say on that black one?

Maybe you can make this one out more, I'm not sure but I believe this is what is referred to as the Monk, Monk 8, Monk 12 and even Monk Plus but I think it's just one of the stamps that VE used on them:thinking: So you now have me so curious I've emailed Lee to verify:beerchug:

Beyond Budget.JPG

Yes @B9Scrambler ZS7's are like little Blue Diamonds:beerchug:

TRN 7.JPG

It's like whoever knew the "R" in there stood for Ridiculously good bass:rolling_eyes:

ZS Ridiculous.JPG

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #44,783 of 63,870
Maybe you can make this one out more, I'm not sure but I believe this is what is referred to as the Monk, Monk 8, Monk 12 and even Monk Plus but I think it's just one of the stamps that VE used on them:thinking: So you now have me so curious I've emailed Lee to verify:beerchug:

I tried a search for 52VE.CN and it does seem to be an earlier monk... also that other one you have also seems older. I don't think either are the Monk Plus ... unless that red one is an early Monk Plus like when Massdrop first did them?
I just have the regular Monk Plus in purple, coffee and clear.

May 31, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #44,784 of 63,870
I tried a search for 52VE.CN and it does seem to be an earlier monk... also that other one you have also seems older. I don't think either are the Monk Plus ... unless that red one is an early Monk Plus like when Massdrop first did them?
I just have the regular Monk Plus in purple, coffee and clear.

I love the "Just" part of that:wink: Always thought the clear ones were cool, like I said I see a lot of the 52VE.CN under Monk images and have no doubt they are true Monks but hopefully Lee will give me the lowdown on all the specifics of this one:grin: Just cause I feel like I'm pooping in the thread:open_mouth: A little KZ class:beerchug:

KZ Class.JPG

May 31, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #44,785 of 63,870
So, I received my CCA C16's the other day, here in rainy Paraguay. First impressions are that I still prefer my regular ZS10's. I am using the C16s with the flat silver braided KZ upgrade cable and medium Auvios, as the 3.5mm jack on the stock cable does not fit my phone very well. I still need to do a bunch more listening and comparing. I have not listened to any classical yet, for example. I have been listening to a lot of m83 lately....

Attachments

• IMG_20190531_163411.jpg
    IMG_20190531_163411.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
May 31, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #44,786 of 63,870
I think it would be cool if Sony just did an mh755 version like these, I've often wondered how those Marley phones sounded:scream_cat:

I have been contemplating using my right side red ZS6 with the Green left side, black tips with the TRN silver Yellow cable for a Irie KZ pair:wink:
some Marley's are really good. Some bad. I collect the headphones. Most are bass heavy and rolled off treble with a smooth presentation. Its like they were made with reggae music in mind.

The kz idea is sweet. I bought the bamboo ed7 with the idea to hand paint them rasta color.

May 31, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #44,787 of 63,870
some Marley's are really good. Some bad. I collect the headphones. Most are bass heavy and rolled off treble with a smooth presentation. Its like they were made with reggae music in mind.

The kz idea is sweet. I bought the bamboo ed7 with the idea to hand paint them rasta color.

Hmm, Reggae in mind or made by Beats:imp: Nice plan on the 7's (I refer to them as my Bamboo Warriors or Wood-Z's):wink: Good candidates:thumbsup:

ED7 Bamboo Warriors.JPG

Would (Wood) have been perfect if the left channel ring had just been bright green instead of that blue right:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

May 31, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #44,789 of 63,870
So, I received my CCA C16's the other day, here in rainy Paraguay. First impressions are that I still prefer my regular ZS10's. I am using the C16s with the flat silver braided KZ upgrade cable and medium Auvios.
That comment is going to cause a huge amount of uproar and possibly a Head-Fi riot.

May 31, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #44,790 of 63,870
That comment is going to cause a huge amount of uproar and possibly a Head-Fi riot.

No it won't. We are all allowed to like what we like I like my old ZS10 and am not particularly interested in getting a C16. I have a couple of single driver iems on the way:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back