Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 1, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #43,671 of 63,932
125$? or any specials out there? Probably still beyond my pain threshold

Looking fwd to your impressions

The CCA C16 was about that price when launched. I paid just under US$80/- for the C16 during the March sale when coupled with coupons and discounts.
I would think the AS16 follows the same trajectory during the June sales (or when it comes along).

May 1, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #43,673 of 63,932
I just read that someone thinks the R**on**t QT5 is better than the CCA C10. Have any of you heard it? I'm not familiar with R**on**t.
B33A8897-AAE0-4CAC-8612-231965AD3E06.jpeg

Edit: Okay, now I can tell you why: read @Slater signature on companies that you cannot mention. :wink:

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #43,674 of 63,932
LuckLZ Audio Store sell 1 week before the beginning the as16 ! 10 only
https://twitter.com/lucky52143915/status/1123606391921315841?s=19

For the moment no info on the intern part. Just one photo and it's all !
90$ but seems as10 Shell so I think that have different driver but which ?

I'm back on CCA C16 for the moment and they are very awesome ! I'll compare these two iems but I think they will be awesome too

May 2, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #43,675 of 63,932
I'm not gonna write the name of the banned IEMs here as they're banned and i do not wanna publish their name.
If you want to know more about the ones you're searching, i have a more stuff on my website where you can find what you search for.
You can find it in my signature.
Sadly there are many earphones i would love to talk about here, but they're not welcome here in this forum and you can see why in @Slater infos.

May 2, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #43,676 of 63,932
How does it compare to the Ibasso IT01 you also own?

Ibasso IT01 vs KZ ZS7
  • Auvio Medium Wide Bore tips
  • Macbook Pro -> IFI Nano BL -> Line out -> Liquid Spark Amp
  • Volume set to just under 9 o’clock with high impedance switch engaged (moderately loud)
Impression:

The difference that immediately jumps out at me is the mids. IT01 is thicker and ZS7 is thinner throughout the midrange presentation. Bass feels more punchy on the ZS7. Treble and mids feel sharper on the ZS7 not as smooth as the IT01 . ZS7 sounds more airy with slightly better instrument separation. IT01 sounds more cohesive, richer (lush) overall but slightly darker too. Soundstage feels a little bit smaller with the IT01, larger overall with the ZS7. Detail retrieval seems to be similar between the two. ZS7 seems to be slightly more sensitive (louder). And fit wise, for me, the ZS7 is more comfortable in my ear.

Test track: Pixies - Surfer Rosa - Where is My Mind? (CD Flac Rip)

Overall, I think the IT01 is a better IEM because, to me, it sounds more natural and reminds me in some ways of a pair of decent bookshelf speakers. I know that it’s a stretch to compare bookshelf speakers to IEMs but I feel like I’m getting a sound presentation with the IT01 that is more cohesive, glued together and tuned better.

At the same time, I really like the ZS7, along with with ZS10 and ZS6, for movies, non-vocal music (classical, electronic/ambient) and hip hop/modern pop music for the more expansive soundstage and fun factor. I prefer the IT01 (and for those looking at my signature, the Massdrop x Noble which is a step up imho) for acoustic, indie pop/punk/rock, classic rock type music.

May 2, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #43,677 of 63,932
For most general uses, I use cheap generic 5-minute 2-part epoxy from Harbor Freight. It’s crystal clear, sets up in a few minutes, and only costs a few bucks. The tubes are cheap and eventually leak, so after a while I just pitch them and get a fresh batch since it’s so cheap.

You don’t want Gorilla Glue type stuff, as it foams and expands as it dries. It’s also a nasty yellowish tan color.

I’m sure Home Depot would have plain old quick setting 5-minute 2-part epoxy in clear. Most likely Loctite brand, as that’s what they seem to carry a lot of in their glue area.

Also, as Panda said, E8000 is good generic glue as well. It’s a 1 part adhesive (not 2-part), so it’s easier to use. But it’s not as strong as 2-part epoxy.

Good call, really enjoyed your Vid Review on the CCA 10 on Drop:beerchug:

@rayliam80 , I should hope the IT01 is better it's roughly twice the price right?

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #43,678 of 63,932
Got my Plussound X8 Silver/Gold back from retermination...Will burn it in more and do detailed comparisons with Roxanne after a bit...

0972C681-5A95-449C-A31F-348A5A0161B2.jpeg

A78FE32F-C896-466A-837F-FCF763631457.jpeg

May 2, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #43,679 of 63,932
I am waiting for people to chime in on the ZS10 Pro. I thought the C10 was the upgrade to the ZS10. How many times can you use the same 5 drivers in the same shell and sound different? Im interested.
The ZS10 Pro is so good that I just ordered 3 more sets from Linsoul while they are still $40.
I’m not getting into writing a huge review because I just don’t do that. I probably have 20 sets of IEMs and 11 pairs of cans. Also I refuse to spend over $200 for an IEM, unless someone gives me a set to review. I give away several IEMs to my kids and friends regularly. Based on the limited feedback on the ZS10 Pro and ridiculously low price I figured I’d give them a try. I am SO IMPRESSED!
Easily the best sub $150 IEM I have listened too. And it gives many good sounding $200 IEMs a run for their money. To me it’s a U shaped sound profile. Bass is crisp and very present. Mids are not recessed much. Highs are present, well defined, and not harsh at all. Sound stage is decent. You can listen to these all day long and enjoy! To me they compare very closely to the Moondrop Kanas Pro which is my favorite EDC IEM. Moondrop has slightly better detail. I think the ZS10 has better bass, but it’s close; will have to spend more time listening to be sure. The cable is superb. No microphonics, nice moulded earhook cables, soft but just stiff enough to hug your head and not flop off you ear with movement. No chin slider but it doesn’t need it. Also 90 degree 3.5mm TRS plug. This cable is perfect, and the mic version uses the same quality cable. Running them balanced gets too harsh for me. They are a great SE IEM. Just buy them and don’t look back. I think KZ has just redefined the benchmark for budget IEMs.

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #43,680 of 63,932
Anyone know what size Comply tip works with a ZS7 or know the bore size don’t have them asking for someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back