Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 3, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #43,696 of 63,930
So I’ve spent a few days with the ZS10 Pro, and KZ did a really good job with these. I like it a lot.

These have almost an identical signature to the ZS7. In fact, my ZS10 Pro crossover circuit boards actually say “ZS7” on them! Also, my FR measurements are identical between the 2, with 1 exception: treble.

The ZS7 had a very safe and tame treble, which I believe KZ did because of the ZS6 backlash. However, the ZS7 are a bit too dialed down and distant for me. As much as I love the ZS7, I always wished it had some more treble energy. Well, the ZS10 Pro is just that.

The bass is very deep and punchy. Soundstage is good. I am going to see if it can opened up even further with modding, so stay tuned on that.

There’s a midrange peak at 2k and again at 4k, which give vocals a nice warmth and forwardness. Mids are more forward, which makes vocals come alive. Lead singers sound like they’re properly in front of the band, not the other way around.

Now, I know some people dislike those upper mid/lower treble bumps, but that’s a matter of personal preference. I for one prefer those upper mid/lower treble bumps.

So now into treble. There’s good clarity and air. Plenty of treble energy, but not sharp or aggressive. It’s just the perfect amount IMO.

Bang up job KZ!

So bottom line is if you totally hate the ZS7, then you won’t like the ZS10 Pro. It’s basically the same, plus extra treble. However, if you like the ZS7, but wished it had more treble, then you’ll definitely like these.

If you don’t own either, then I would go with how sensitive you are to treble. If you are ultra sensitive, then go with the ZS7. If you like treble and clarity, go with the ZS10 Pro.
You really can’t go wrong with either, unless you hate phones with upper mid/lower treble emphasis.

I liked the ZS10 Pro so much I bought a 2nd pair. I’ve been enjoying them more than the CCA C16, which says a lot. I’m still tip rolling and playing with the C16, so I reserve the right to change that opinion. But right now the ZS10 Pro has shot to the top of my favorite KZ IEM list.

Full disclosure, I am using both ZS7 and ZS10 Pro with Auvio tips, upgraded cables, and amp. I also relocated the ZS10 Pro crossover circuit board to the ‘side pocket’ of the shell, exactly like I did with the ZSN.

Anyways, YMMV.
Trusted review, exactly what I wanted KZ to do with the ZS7. Bought. Thanks Slater.

May 3, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #43,697 of 63,930
People should think before they post... not just type random thoughts
Have to use the WayBackMachine if you want to find an era where that ever happened on the internet.

May 3, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #43,698 of 63,930
Thank you. This is just what I've been looking for. Would you say the bass is far behind that of the ZS7 in quantity as well as quality? As I've gathered here the ZS7 is generally agreed to have ample amounts of quality bass. Thinking about getting these. CCA sold me completely with the C10. Completely!!!
The bass is deep, textured and well extended. It is a similar level to the ZS7, definitely north of neutral. The sub-bass has a good rumble. The bass does not dominate the overall presentation but gives a solid and satisfying foundation.

May 3, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #43,699 of 63,930
So I’ve spent a few days with the ZS10 Pro, and KZ did a really good job with these. I like it a lot.

These have almost an identical signature to the ZS7. In fact, my ZS10 Pro crossover circuit boards actually say “ZS7” on them! Also, my FR measurements are identical between the 2, with 1 exception: treble.

The ZS7 had a very safe and tame treble, which I believe KZ did because of the ZS6 backlash. However, the ZS7 are a bit too dialed down and distant for me. As much as I love the ZS7, I always wished it had some more treble energy. Well, the ZS10 Pro is just that.

The bass is very deep and punchy. Soundstage is good. I am going to see if it can opened up even further with modding, so stay tuned on that.

There’s a midrange peak at 2k and again at 4k, which give vocals a nice warmth and forwardness. Mids are more forward, which makes vocals come alive. Lead singers sound like they’re properly in front of the band, not the other way around.

Now, I know some people dislike those upper mid/lower treble bumps, but that’s a matter of personal preference. I for one prefer those upper mid/lower treble bumps.

So now into treble. There’s good clarity and air. Plenty of treble energy, but not sharp or aggressive. It’s just the perfect amount IMO.

Bang up job KZ!

So bottom line is if you totally hate the ZS7, then you won’t like the ZS10 Pro. It’s basically the same, plus extra treble. However, if you like the ZS7, but wished it had more treble, then you’ll definitely like these.

If you don’t own either, then I would go with how sensitive you are to treble. If you are ultra sensitive, then go with the ZS7. If you like treble and clarity, go with the ZS10 Pro.
You really can’t go wrong with either, unless you hate phones with upper mid/lower treble emphasis.

I liked the ZS10 Pro so much I bought a 2nd pair. I’ve been enjoying them more than the CCA C16, which says a lot. I’m still tip rolling and playing with the C16, so I reserve the right to change that opinion. But right now the ZS10 Pro has shot to the top of my favorite KZ IEM list.

Full disclosure, I am using both ZS7 and ZS10 Pro with Auvio tips, upgraded cables, and amp. I also relocated the ZS10 Pro crossover circuit board to the ‘side pocket’ of the shell, exactly like I did with the ZSN.

Anyways, YMMV.

Excellent review and sums up perfectly how I feel about the ZS10 Pro.

I don't know about the technical side, frequency range and peaks etc.

But they sound bloody lovely through my FIIO X1 (2nd Gen) and slightly better when powered by my A3.
And that's what count the most
:gs1000smile::beerchug:

May 3, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #43,700 of 63,930
Could you share those frequency response graphs? I'm looking at picking up either the ZS7 or ZS10 Pro soon and currently have the AS10. I'm looking for slightly more sub bass, upper treble details(8-14khz), and milder low treble compared to the AS10 which seems to have a bit of a 3-4khz peak that bugs me.

I normally don’t like sharing my graphs because they are not accurate.

I don’t have an IEC coupler, nothing is calibrated, and there has always been an issue with my sub bass measurement. It detects less sub bass amplitude than there really is, and it shows sub bass roll off when there is none.

For example, I could measure Rock Zircon, which has enough boosted sub bass to crack your skull in 2, and the graph would show huge sub bass roll off, and a much lower sub bass amplitude than there really is.

Also, most FR graphs you see should not be compared to someone else’s graphs because they have different setups. For example, my ZS10 Pro graph should not be compared to Johnny John’s ZS6 or Joe Schmo’s ED9 graph because they’re all different IEMs on different equipment. Likewise, my ZS7 graph shouldn’t be compared to any blogger’s ZS7 graph because they’ll be different. Make sense?

However, the graphs ARE useful for back-to-back comparisons. So for example, when tuning, when comparing IEMs, etc. Therefore, they are useful in this case, because the readings were taken at the same time on exactly the same equipment (even the same tips and same cable).

The area to pay attention to is >8k. That’s a where there’s any significant difference:

B5BA8BE0-0285-4A08-823B-2A39B499EB61.png
14D11B58-C1DD-4176-8DDD-A6A89E636B25.png

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #43,701 of 63,930
Dude you nailed it for those of us waiting for impressions.....Thanks!

Edit: added “it” because the knucklehead, myself, forgot it!

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #43,703 of 63,930

Bang up job KZ!

Anyways, YMMV.
thanks for the review (and also for last zs7 vs zs10 pro graphs added)! but i also hate you: will have to consider to try these new kzs now
it's a very good new kz recovers some of the old treble energy. the extreme treble roll-off (together with overdone bass and recessed mids) made me stop purchasing kz
ordered zsn pro, and i'll probably try zs10 pro at summer sales

May 3, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #43,704 of 63,930
May 3, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #43,705 of 63,930
I normally don’t like sharing my graphs because they are not accurate.

I don’t have an IEC coupler, nothing is calibrated, and there has always been an issue with my sub bass measurement. It detects less sub bass amplitude than there really is, and it shows sub bass roll off when there is none.

For example, I could measure Rock Zircon, which has enough boosted sub bass to crack your skull in 2, and the graph would show huge sub bass roll off, and a much lower sub bass amplitude than there really is.

Also, most FR graphs you see should not be compared to someone else’s graphs because they have different setups. For example, my ZS10 Pro graph should not be compared to Johnny John’s ZS6 or Joe Schmo’s ED9 graph because they’re all different IEMs on different equipment. Likewise, my ZS7 graph shouldn’t be compared to any blogger’s ZS7 graph because they’ll be different. Make sense?

However, the graphs ARE useful for back-to-back comparisons. So for example, when tuning, when comparing IEMs, etc. Therefore, they are useful in this case, because the readings were taken at the same time on exactly the same equipment (even the same tips and same cable).

The area to pay attention to is >8k. That’s a where there’s any significant difference:

Thanks, and yeah, I understand what you mean. Even with groups using high end testing equipment, I don't think it's fair to directly compare measurements between groups due to possible differences in setup.

That said, visualizing the slope differences in the treble between those two definitely points me towards the ZS10 Pro over the ZS7 as far as what I'm looking for in an IEM to complement my AS10.

May 3, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #43,706 of 63,930
May 3, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #43,707 of 63,930

Bang up job KZ!

Anyways, YMMV.

I'll see with CCA C10 because they have same hardware. I think it's same thing with slight difference change.

May 3, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #43,708 of 63,930
Eagerly waiting for June sale now - CA4, ZS10 pro, X6, A10 on the list. At this rate, bankruptcy sems very feasible. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back