Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 2, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #43,681 of 63,954
My pair of ZSN Pro is come and almost out of the box (2-3 hours of play before try them) i feel them as too splashy up top, with a brighter tonality than the ZSN. I pick up more details and the soundstage is way bigger and airy, but at the expense of the balance the ZSN manage to archive.

Also, they don't seem to pair well with the upgrade KZ silver cable, that work better on the normal ZSN.

Right now i have do some tips rolling to make them a bit darker, but i still need to wait a lot of burn-in, as they seem harsher than i was hoping :disappointed_relieved:

Bye for now, i let you know next week :wave::sleeping:

May 2, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #43,682 of 63,954
I was wondering that too, or getting the Shure Olives Though that might kill the high frequency…

May 2, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #43,683 of 63,954
New Bad Religion Album drops tomorrow the 3rd. Got my Hi Res copy yesterday and listened to it from start to finish 12 times today. Phenomenal album! Every single track is typical BR. Highly rec if you like melodic hardcore punk.

ZSN works surprisingly good here, but honestly anything you stick in your ears is going to do just fine. BR has some of the best production and sounds great. Anyway here is a couple of my favorite songs on the record. Enjoy, or don't.

May 2, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #43,684 of 63,954
So I’ve spent a few days with the ZS10 Pro, and KZ did a really good job with these. I like it a lot.

These have almost an identical signature to the ZS7. In fact, my ZS10 Pro crossover circuit boards actually say “ZS7” on them! Also, my FR measurements are identical between the 2, with 1 exception: treble.

The ZS7 had a very safe and tame treble, which I believe KZ did because of the ZS6 backlash. However, the ZS7 are a bit too dialed down and distant for me. As much as I love the ZS7, I always wished it had some more treble energy. Well, the ZS10 Pro is just that.

The bass is very deep and punchy. Soundstage is good. I am going to see if it can opened up even further with modding, so stay tuned on that.

There’s a midrange peak at 2k and again at 4k, which give vocals a nice warmth and forwardness. Mids are more forward, which makes vocals come alive. Lead singers sound like they’re properly in front of the band, not the other way around.

Now, I know some people dislike those upper mid/lower treble bumps, but that’s a matter of personal preference. I for one prefer those upper mid/lower treble bumps.

So now into treble. There’s good clarity and air. Plenty of treble energy, but not sharp or aggressive. It’s just the perfect amount IMO.

Bang up job KZ!

So bottom line is if you totally hate the ZS7, then you won’t like the ZS10 Pro. It’s basically the same, plus extra treble. However, if you like the ZS7, but wished it had more treble, then you’ll definitely like these.

If you don’t own either, then I would go with how sensitive you are to treble. If you are ultra sensitive, then go with the ZS7. If you like treble and clarity, go with the ZS10 Pro.
You really can’t go wrong with either, unless you hate phones with upper mid/lower treble emphasis.

I liked the ZS10 Pro so much I bought a 2nd pair. I’ve been enjoying them more than the CCA C16, which says a lot. I’m still tip rolling and playing with the C16, so I reserve the right to change that opinion. But right now the ZS10 Pro has shot to the top of my favorite KZ IEM list.

Full disclosure, I am using both ZS7 and ZS10 Pro with Auvio tips, upgraded cables, and amp. I also relocated the ZS10 Pro crossover circuit board to the ‘side pocket’ of the shell, exactly like I did with the ZSN.

Anyways, YMMV.

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #43,686 of 63,954

Edit: Okay, now I can tell you why: read @Slater signature on companies that you cannot mention. :wink:
I find it amusing how you tell me the brand and iem I mentioned is banned by Headfi. Yet its listed on Slaters profile page as one he owns. LOL.

If its banned why is Slater listing it/advertising it on his profile? Is Slater a Headfi employee?

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #43,688 of 63,954
I find it amusing how you tell me the brand and iem I mentioned is banned by Headfi. Yet its listed on Slaters profile page as one he owns. LOL.

If its banned why is Slater listing it/advertising it on his profile? Is Slater a Headfi employee?

Banned things can’t be openly discussed on the forums, nor reviewed on HeadFi. Do you see me discussing or reviewing the banned stuff? Nope.

The Admins are very clear about the banned products, and they have never told me they couldn’t be listed in our profiles. If they do, then I’ll happily comply and remove the info.

There’s a lot of stuff in my profile. I’m not ‘advertising’ anything. I’m here for the same reason as everyone else - to share and discuss audio.

And why on earth would you think I’m an employee of HeadFi? I own my own company and am my own boss. I am no one’s employee.

I aggregated the banned info in my signature because the board doesn’t have any sticky posts. It was to help and inform people, which your attack isn’t helpful or informative.

Is there any reason you’re trying to start trouble?

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #43,689 of 63,954

We list what we own in our profile.. .no advertising involved.

May 3, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #43,691 of 63,954
So I’ve spent a few days with the ZS10 Pro, and KZ did a really good job with these. I like it a lot.

These have almost an identical signature to the ZS7. In fact, my ZS10 Pro crossover circuit boards actually say “ZS7” on them! Also, my FR measurements are identical between the 2, with 1 exception: treble.

The ZS7 had a very safe and tame treble, which I believe KZ did because of the ZS6 backlash. However, the ZS7 are a bit too dialed down and distant for me. As much as I love the ZS7, I always wished it had some more treble energy. Well, the ZS10 Pro is just that.

The bass is very deep and punchy. Soundstage is good. I am going to see if it can opened up even further with modding, so stay tuned on that.

There’s a midrange peak at 2k and again at 4k, which give vocals a nice warmth and forwardness. Mids are more forward, which makes vocals come alive. Lead singers sound like they’re properly in front of the band, not the other way around.

Now, I know some people dislike those upper mid/lower treble bumps, but that’s a matter of personal preference. I for one prefer those upper mid/lower treble bumps.

So now into treble. There’s good clarity and air. Plenty of treble energy, but not sharp or aggressive. It’s just the perfect amount IMO.

Bang up job KZ!

So bottom line is if you totally hate the ZS7, then you won’t like the ZS10 Pro. It’s basically the same, plus extra treble. However, if you like the ZS7, but wished it had more treble, then you’ll definitely like these.

If you don’t own either, then I would go with how sensitive you are to treble. If you are ultra sensitive, then go with the ZS7. If you like treble and clarity, go with the ZS10 Pro.
You really can’t go wrong with either, unless you hate phones with upper mid/lower treble emphasis.

I liked the ZS10 Pro so much I bought a 2nd pair. I’ve been enjoying them more than the CCA C16, which says a lot. I’m still tip rolling and playing with the C16, so I reserve the right to change that opinion. But right now the ZS10 Pro has shot to the top of my favorite KZ IEM list.

Full disclosure, I am using both ZS7 and ZS10 Pro with Auvio tips, upgraded cables, and amp. I also relocated the ZS10 Pro crossover circuit board to the ‘side pocket’ of the shell, exactly like I did with the ZSN.

Anyways, YMMV.

Awesome, awesome, I just ordered some and they are due tomorrow. You and I like the same sound so I’m extra pumped!

00D791EA-3EBA-4485-A0D6-4B3B8563A1FB.png
These are due shortly I’m told, looking forward to hearing them and I gotta fine a quicker source for TRN X6, I really am not wired for “delivery patience”.
If you folks hear of anybody selling a review pair or whatever please let me know...thanks! Another fun weekend ahead!

May 3, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #43,692 of 63,954

Bang up job KZ!

Anyways, YMMV.

Sounds like these are a definite step up then from OG ZS10. And more comfortable too!

Good Job with the synopsis. Very nice to have comparisons.

May 3, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #43,693 of 63,954

Bang up job KZ!

Anyways, YMMV.
That's interesting. I am currently burning in the CA4 and the overall signature so far is similar to the ZS7 but with a brighter, more extended treble, so it may appeal to those who found the ZS7 too reserved up top. I really like them, they are very entertaining and musical.

May 3, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #43,694 of 63,954
That's interesting. I am currently burning in the CA4 and the overall signature so far is similar to the ZS7 but with a brighter, more extended treble, so it may appeal to those who found the ZS7 too reserved up top. I really like them, they are very entertaining and musical.
Thank you. This is just what I've been looking for. Would you say the bass is far behind that of the ZS7 in quantity as well as quality? As I've gathered here the ZS7 is generally agreed to have ample amounts of quality bass. Thinking about getting these. CCA sold me completely with the C10. Completely!!!

May 3, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #43,695 of 63,954

Bang up job KZ!

Anyways, YMMV.
Could you share those frequency response graphs? I'm looking at picking up either the ZS7 or ZS10 Pro soon and currently have the AS10. I'm looking for slightly more sub bass, upper treble details(8-14khz), and milder low treble compared to the AS10 which seems to have a bit of a 3-4khz peak that bugs me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back