Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 4, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #43,728 of 63,834
Here is a frequentie chart from ZSN pro and ZS10 pro. Basicly the same but the ZSN pro is a tad brighter

Attachments

• ZSN Pro vs ZS10 Pro.jpg
    ZSN Pro vs ZS10 Pro.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 0
May 4, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #43,730 of 63,834
May 4, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #43,731 of 63,834
I’m more than happy with ZS7 with upgrade cable (for now!), as my daily driver. I’ve got my eye on CCA20, but I can’t see it being a huge upgrade over CCA16. If you look at AS16, it’s on sale for $125. Part of the fun for me anyways is great sound at <$100...and you can see where this is trending...eventually they’ll make only >$200-$300 releases...them we will have to find another up and coming Chi-Fi company to obsess over lol.

To cool down the hype : KZ5v2 was more or less the same as the KZ6 because soundstage was slightly diminished (I like soundstage!)
Sme prefer the KZ6 to the KZ7 due to highs, and KZ ZS10 pro seems to have worked on it.

For the most part, these seem lIke marginal upgrades. I will wait and see the AS16 reviews but so far, I'm happy with the **** as my companion and don't regret not buying the KZ7. Wait and see! :)

Last edited:
May 4, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #43,732 of 63,834
Have the newer KZ Bluetooth cables started shipping yet? <-< I've apparently reached a satisfactory enough middle ground with the BT20's pinch that I'm now being sporadically annoyed by the battery case creak-rubbing against my glasses and am thus still not entirely certain I'm keeping them forever and ever amen (or at least until I lose/replace my CCA C10s and thus potentially swap cable connector types) but Murphy's Law says if I buy a TRN BT10/BT3 before reviews come in it's gonna' be the KZ ZSN/CCA C10 situation all over again but in a less useful/backup/cheap-ish fashion. :p

Yes, mine is on the way. Should be here in about 3-4 weeks.

May 4, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #43,734 of 63,834
Have the newer KZ Bluetooth cables started shipping yet? <-< I've apparently reached a satisfactory enough middle ground with the BT20's pinch that I'm now being sporadically annoyed by the battery case creak-rubbing against my glasses and am thus still not entirely certain I'm keeping them forever and ever amen (or at least until I lose/replace my CCA C10s and thus potentially swap cable connector types) but Murphy's Law says if I buy a TRN BT10/BT3 before reviews come in it's gonna' be the KZ ZSN/CCA C10 situation all over again but in a less useful/backup/cheap-ish fashion. :p
I've ordered the new Bluetooth 5.0 cable yesterday and it shipped overnight. Will post a comparison with the previous model since I have that one currently. Although I had nothing against the sound and physical quality of the previous model the connection is weak. Sometimes it cuts out with my phone in the pocket and the modules out and not covered by anything. Hopefully KZ addressed that with the new one.

May 4, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #43,735 of 63,834
Hey folks the silver faceplate on my IM1s is starting to lift, the glue will be here someday but my question is : Should I just take it off so it doesn’t get lost when it eventually finds its way to freedom?

Anything special I need to remember, like don’t get glue on BAs etc......?
Ed

May 4, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #43,737 of 63,834
Hey folks the silver faceplate on my IM1s is starting to lift, the glue will be here someday but my question is : Should I just take it off so it doesn’t get lost when it eventually finds its way to freedom?

Anything special I need to remember, like don’t get glue on BAs etc......?
Ed

Is the shell hollow underneath? Or is it solid plastic underneath?

From photos of the IM1, it seems like the shell is a solid hunk of acrylic. In other words, all of the space inside the shell is filled in solid with acrylic.

As opposed to IEMs that are basically a hollow shell and they add the drivers inside the hollow area.

That, it my mind, will help determine the answer to your question.

May 4, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #43,738 of 63,834
Slater look at some they didn’t change and make solid, the Red and Black still have the cool faceplate I think. Remember when (xyz’s) came off it was hollow I believe. Mine is lifting slightly but no visual on insides yet but its a first run. I can’t remember if it was nymphophoniac or ?? but he said it was his fav. Its in a thread somewhere. Either way its light application around rim and mate it up with plate hoping my hands don’t spaz out and hold it still as I can.
I was bummed as glue is a world traveler before I see it but not anymore! I’m listening to newly acquired ZS10 PRO as I type and they may just be my daily driver very soon. Early days though but the stock medium tip that was installed at factory is perfect for me. Do we know what it is, its not the usual starlines they use. Any clue about them??

May 4, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #43,739 of 63,834
There’s too many upgrades ugh lol. Must not buy AS16..must not buy..

May 4, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #43,740 of 63,834
Slater look at some they didn’t change and make solid, the Red and Black still have the cool faceplate I think. Remember when (xyz’s) came off it was hollow I believe. Mine is lifting slightly but no visual on insides yet but its a first run. I can’t remember if it was nymphophoniac or ?? but he said it was his fav. Its in a thread somewhere. Either way its light application around rim and mate it up with plate hoping my hands don’t spaz out and hold it still as I can.
I was bummed as glue is a world traveler before I see it but not anymore! I’m listening to newly acquired ZS10 PRO as I type and they may just be my daily driver very soon. Early days though but the stock medium tip that was installed at factory is perfect for me. Do we know what it is, its not the usual starlines they use. Any clue about them??

Cool, thanks for the info!

On the pre-installed tips, KZ started using those about a year ago. I forget when they 1st appeared. I like them, they’re kind of like a smooth Starline. I wonder why they only include M size though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back