1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Slater
    Do not use super glue, or you will royally screw up your drivers. Super Glue gives off gas fumes as it cures, which will deposit on your drivers. It looks like a white crystalline haze.

Use a small amount of fast dry 2-part epoxy (preferably one made for metal, but the regular kind is OK).

Don’t use too much. A very thin layer is all you need, applied with a needle or toothpick. Make sure you clean off any old dried glue residue before applying the new stuff.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  2. rayliam80
    This is exactly why I asked! I knew you'd have a good answer. Anything I can pick up at Home Depot, etc that you know off-hand or recommend?

3. eclein
    Slater I have Blue TRN IM1s (original version, has silver face plate). One side has an edge slightly lifting so its a matter of time before it bails out.
    Should I use the same 2 part goo to reattach it?

Can you provide a link, name etc, so I can get some in?

4. shockdoc
    I'm not Slater but personally I like Loctite and JB Weld epoxies for repairing my 'phones. WhatEVER you do, do NOT use Gorilla Glue...for ANYTHING! That stuff foams and expands and just makes a HUGE mess in general. I'm surprised they even still sell that and that there hasn't been a massive class-action lawsuit by people who used Gorilla Glue and ruined various projects.

5. HungryPanda
    I use E8000 glue for all my iem and earbud repairs

Slater, rayliam80 and groucho69 like this.
  6. eclein
    Where is E 8000 sold?

7. HungryPanda
    eclein likes this.
  8. eclein
    Thanks I’m sorry to be a pain, I shouldn’t have asked. We get everything there!:ksc75smile:
    Caffeine is activated...lol

Slater and HungryPanda like this.
  9. HungryPanda
    no problem

10. Wiljen
    To the man staring at the sun, the moon and stars seem dark and distant :wink:

Very hard for me to see the Zs7 categorized as dark in any way unless referencing a direct comparison to Zs6.

11. moisespr123
    I would not say they are dark. They are warmer for sure. Less bright, but has a pleasant sound. The KZ ZS10 Pro, on the other hand, is brighter, and I don't know, but I feel emptiness around the middle.

loomisjohnson likes this.
  12. Deveraux
    Wow, I should've read better those times then. Would've avoided buying ES4 and ZSN then :| No wonder it sounds way better than those two.

Thank you for enlightening me.

Burned in for almost 100 (maybe more) and still it sounds just a little worse than the v1. :/

The problem lies exactly in the 8Khz region, they sound cheap and harsh (just like Sony XB series). And there's much less clarity in it too (forgive me for using layman's terms, don't know how to explain it better). Maybe the highs are a little less for my liking? v1 has almost nil sibilance while providing excellent clarity (with slight eq).

Bass is amazing though! 10/10 for bass.

But seriously, how much should I spend to get something that blows the ZS5 v1 out of the park? All I need is ZS7 bass, better imaging and a little more airy presentation!

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Slater likes this.
  13. Dani157
    Popped out my ZSNs today to check on them and noticed that the real reason of their immense success is not in delivering perfect sound but they deliver an audio experience which makes you love music. The listening makes me think about the song and not about this zone is boosted or that's out of balance. Probably they serve the purpose which earphones are meant to serve.

14. mbwilson111
    ...and that is all I care about. I do love the ZSNs... and others:)

Slater, Dani157 and BadReligionPunk like this.
  15. Nimweth
    I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same about my ZS7 and I think the CA4 might end up being the same. We can appreciate accuracy and technological excellence but as you say, it's the music that is important!

Slater, Dani157 and mbwilson111 like this.