Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 30, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #43,623 of 63,884
i just got my KZ APTX bluetooth cable

Reception is crap, it cuts out all the time.

think that the HD version will be better ?

KZ bluetooth cable has always been crappy. The connection is bad with their cable. Get TRN bluetooth cable instead.

Apr 30, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #43,624 of 63,884
ZS10 Pro is def airy and has good soundstage

Apr 30, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #43,625 of 63,884
I got my kz zs7 along with a trn 8 core cable today. How do i know if i connect the cable in phase? It's no markings on the cable.

Check the link my signature friend

Apr 30, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #43,626 of 63,884
the zs7 is warmer and more smoothed over/less sharp in the treble than other kz hybrids, so i could see them being described as "dark" by comparison; however because bass is tight and bloom-free they sound clear and unveiled, so maybe "dark and clean" is apt?
I don't own this set, but I really like this description. I might get the ZS7 in a month or 2, to compare with my newly purchased and on the way, ZS10 PRO.

Apr 30, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #43,627 of 63,884
Apr 30, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #43,628 of 63,884
I prefer a more aggressive sound so came to the opposite conclusion, and prefer the ZS7. I added the SPC upgrade cable and it added more detail, space, and layering so I’m more than happy now with my ZS7, sold the 10 Pro and am looking to get a more clinical sounding iem like the CCA C16 to round out my collection now. I am also getting my Plussound X8 Silver/Gold cable back from retermination, so I will have my Roxanne back and I can do more critical listening and comparisons. I figure I will get the CCA20 when it comes out later...ugh it never ends...but it has been a fun journey, and I for one love the Chi-Fi offerings...it’s really pushing the envelope of sound quality at a very affordable price point...

I love the KZ ZS7 as my daily driver and I really don’t feel like I’m making any compromises which is amazing for day to day listening
You definitely present a good case for the ZS7, for sure. I just ordered the ZS10 Pro (as well as the balanced cable that @mbwilson111 recd). Once I've had the chance to spend some time with this combo, I'd be curious to try the ZS7 also. Until then, I sure like how you are describing the 7, though. I think it will make it into my iem collection at some point.

May 1, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #43,629 of 63,884
KZ ZS5v2 might be a tad sibilant on some recordings but the soundstage with some trinkly highs are very enjoyable. KZ ZS7 having recessed treble is nothing new, but being called dark is surprising...added to that the decreased soundstage, I might wonder why I shoudln't go for the KZ6 instead!
Anyway, happy with my **** and am willing to wait a little for a significant upgrade. I'm in no rush.

May 1, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #43,630 of 63,884
I read someone say here that the ZS10 Pro and ZS10 aren't much different?

From the recent comments it sounds like they are wrong?

I think they are much more different than the ZSN and ZSN Pro difference. Mainly in the 2 KHz and 6 KHz range. Perhaps that could be the cause of the details and soundstage being slightly bigger in my ears in the original ZS10, but because of fit issues, probably not for many people.

May 1, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #43,633 of 63,884
KZ ZS5v2 might be a tad sibilant on some recordings but the soundstage with some trinkly highs are very enjoyable. KZ ZS7 having recessed treble is nothing new, but being called dark is surprising...added to that the decreased soundstage, I might wonder why I shoudln't go for the KZ6 instead!
Anyway, happy with my **** and am willing to wait a little for a significant upgrade. I'm in no rush.
I have the ZS7 and I don't find the treble recessed at all. The soundstage is also excellent (at least with my DAP) so you should enjoy them. I like them as much as I like the ****, which has a more "analogue" sound, if that makes sense.

May 1, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #43,634 of 63,884
I've been enjoying my ZS7 but a few weeks ago the glue/adhesive around the nozzle on the left earpiece worked it self loose. This is the first issue I've had with any KZ iems. I know I could just probably super glue it back but I wonder if there is a better glue/adhesive to use that may not clog what appears to be exposed BAs and the dynamic driver. And while this left nozzle is loose, has anyone tried removing the grills to see if there is an improvement?

May 1, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #43,635 of 63,884
Crap sorry to hear that. Worth a shot since you have it open, but I think it would increase the treble to ZS6 levels perhaps, but also increase overall detail. Why mess with “perfection” lol jk.

I've been enjoying my ZS7 but a few weeks ago the glue/adhesive around the nozzle on the left earpiece worked it self loose. This is the first issue I've had with any KZ iems. I know I could just probably super glue it back but I wonder if there is a better glue/adhesive to use that may not clog what appears to be exposed BAs and the dynamic driver. And while this left nozzle is loose, has anyone tried removing the grills to see if there is an improvement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back