Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 1, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #42,917 of 63,916
Disagreed! The ZS6 is technical, detailed, and has a very large sound stage with a pleasant sound signature. The ZS6's treble spike isn't as large as it's made to be here, and adjusting between ZS6 and ZS7 takes only a few minutes, especially on new ZS6 models with lips where the upper sound signature differs slightly than day-1 ZS6 models. The ZS7 is fantastic as well, however the ZS6 is still my personal favourite IEM.

The ZS6, ZS7, and AS10 are the only KZ models anyone in present day needs to buy. (CCA not included)
Well, it's your opinion. YMMV. I should've clarified that I don't like the sound of the ZS6 in its stock configuration (starline tips), but it definitely improved when I used the knock-off Comply T400s that you could buy in Aliexpress, though personally I'm not really a fan of foam tips, since I don't like the hassle of all those pinching and rolling before wearing, and they're disposable. I want something that could be put into your ears immediately and could be used for a long time, like silicone tips. Good thing I've learned of the Ostry OS200 tips that I've read somewhere in this thread, and with those, the ZS6 became one of my most used KZs again, since it helped reduced the harsh treble and boosted the bass a bit. Still, I stand by my opinion that the ZS7 is an improvement over ZS6. Again, YMMV.

I do much agree on your last paragraph, though. I own all three that you mentioned, and indeed they are the must-buy KZ models, especially the AS10 (if you're a detail freak) and ZS7 (if you want it all). Personally, I would add ED16 (in which for some reason has "ZS7" printed on the shells) to those three. :p

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #42,918 of 63,916
For $12, the ZSN are excellent. Name me 5 IEMs for $12 or less that are significantly better.

I'm still waiting for my ZSN Pro and do not have the ZSN, but the EZ Audio D4 are the most impressive budget pair and i carry them always with me alongside with the edr1.

Apr 1, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #42,919 of 63,916
I'm sorry to hear that. I guess the pressure of the ear tip is causing the sound of your ear to distort somehow. Have you tried earbuds? Though I don't know if there are any recent good ones and if they sound as good as IEMs.

Anyone here buying something interesting from the AliExpress anniversary sale? I'm thinking about picking up some cables.
Already tried some earbuds.
The problem is the earbuds which are suited for my listening sessions should have lot of sub-basa and impactful bass, something that i didn't find with pk2 shells.
Mx500 shells are not for me, too big and i feel sick after 10 minutes with them in my ears.

I love music and i have to find some workarounds, but it's really hard everytime.

Apr 1, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #42,921 of 63,916
Ironically, yes! ...The bass on the ZS7 and ZSN PRO are very similar. Both extend really deep, but it all changes in the higher MID and treble ranges. The ZS7 sounds nicely detailed and smooth, while the PRO's sounds crispier, but less harsh than the original ZSN.
That's what I got so far! I'm still burning the ZSN PRO's and probably won't provide further information until later in the week. :wink:

-Clear
I hope you will compare it with also the C10.

The ZSN fit me so well that i may change them, as my daily driver, only over an upgrade with the same fit :ksc75smile:

Apr 1, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #42,923 of 63,916
KZ ZS6 is still one of the best KZ's. I use it with foam tips.
No piercing highs at all.
FANTASTIC sound and stage. I got a green backup ZS6 for 21€. Incredible value.

If you want piercing highs just get the TRN V80 :)

I am not treble sensitive and i've liked my zs6 with silicone wide bore tips.
I think the ZS6 are great but the ZS7 have a more mature sound with a bit more coherent and organic timbre.

The v80s are extremely aggressive on the lower treble but they're one of the most technically capable IEMs under 50$. I think they're outstanding for the price.

Apr 1, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #42,924 of 63,916
I am not treble sensitive and i've liked my zs6 with silicone wide bore tips.
I think the ZS6 are great but the ZS7 have a more mature sound with a bit more coherent and organic timbre.

The v80s are extremely aggressive on the lower treble but they're one of the most technically capable IEMs under 50$. I think they're outstanding for the price.

I agree that the ZS7 has a better organic timbre and is more coherent. I use with wide bore tips to get some treble extension, and it works.
The ZS6 and ZS7 and different and I love them both.

About the V80, I simply can't stand the ultra-agressive treble, even with foam tips.

Apr 1, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #42,925 of 63,916
Already tried some earbuds.
The problem is the earbuds which are suited for my listening sessions should have lot of sub-basa and impactful bass, something that i didn't find with pk2 shells.
Mx500 shells are not for me, too big and i feel sick after 10 minutes with them in my ears.

I love music and i have to find some workarounds, but it's really hard everytime.

I haven't used any earbuds that had good bass, I guess that is because they don't seal well enough.

Apr 1, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #42,926 of 63,916
I haven't used any earbuds that had good bass, I guess that is because they don't seal well enough.
I have a pair of NiceHCK EB2 which have great bass.
The main problem is the fitting so it's not about earbuds not being capable in providing a good bass response but wearing the earbuds in the right and comfortable way.

Apr 1, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #42,927 of 63,916
For $12, the ZSN are excellent. Name me 5 IEMs for $12 or less that are significantly better.

Fair point, but I don't think this is saying much, just that they're low end headphones that are okay.

I still think ZSN were hyped out proportion. ZSN is not better than early IEM like ATE, ATR, which can be had for same or cheaper. ZSN one of KZ lowest models in my opinion, too narrow, no separation, uninteresting sound. Beauty over sound.

Apr 1, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #42,928 of 63,916
Fair point, but I don't think this is saying much, just that they're low end headphones that are okay.

I still think ZSN were hyped out proportion. ZSN is not better than early IEM like ATE, ATR, which can be had for same or cheaper. ZSN one of KZ lowest models in my opinion, too narrow, no separation, uninteresting sound. Beauty over sound.
Which is your subjective opinion that no one can argue. Most people's subjective opinion, mine included, are that ZSN is great.

Apr 1, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #42,929 of 63,916

Yea, you said that the first time, we get you. :wink: ...But, the majority of KZ owners might not think the way you do, since it's all about personal preference and taste.

For most KZ owners it brought a new design with unique detachable cables, which at the time was hard to get at such a low price, and it wasn't the average typical V-shape sound, since it provided a new and interesting sonic signature to the sound, which sounded crispy, lively, and even above average for the price. Many that still own them today still vouch for their interesting sonic approach.
You probably just received a bad unit, since anything is possible in Chi-fi. :smirk:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back