Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 1, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #42,932 of 63,834
I have a pair of NiceHCK EB2 which have great bass.
The main problem is the fitting so it's not about earbuds not being capable in providing a good bass response but wearing the earbuds in the right and comfortable way.

I see, I usually have less problems with earbuds in that respect than with earphones. Do you use foamies on them?

What do you define as good bass? There are plenty of earbuds that kill. I'm a basshead and there are good heavy thumping buds too.

I meant bass that isn't rolled-off. Good to know there are earbuds that don't have that problem.

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #42,933 of 63,834
Already tried some earbuds.
The problem is the earbuds which are suited for my listening sessions should have lot of sub-basa and impactful bass, something that i didn't find with pk2 shells.
Mx500 shells are not for me, too big and i feel sick after 10 minutes with them in my ears.

I love music and i have to find some workarounds, but it's really hard everytime.

I haven't used any earbuds that had good bass, I guess that is because they don't seal well enough.

Ditch the foam covers and wear the earbuds sideways. You'll have all the sub bass you ever wanted.

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #42,934 of 63,834
Apr 1, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #42,935 of 63,834
The last NiceHCK cable you linked is exactly what I've ordered to use with all my KZ pairs. I currently have the 16-core version and it works just fine with the ZS7, AS10, ED16, and Noble X. Considering they use the same 2-pin connector, I can confidently say you're okay.

When it comes to linking stuff from AE, though, please delete everything after the .html (so the question mark and everything afterwards). It keeps the links from being too long and head-fi doesn't take kindly to affiliate links.

Apr 1, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #42,936 of 63,834
The last NiceHCK cable you linked is exactly what I've ordered to use with all my KZ pairs. I currently have the 16-core version and it works just fine with the ZS7, AS10, ED16, and Noble X. Considering they use the same 2-pin connector, I can confidently say you're okay.

When it comes to linking stuff from AE, though, please delete everything after the .html (so the question mark and everything afterwards). It keeps the links from being too long and head-fi doesn't take kindly to affiliate links.

Thank you!

Apr 1, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #42,937 of 63,834
Ditch the foam covers and wear the earbuds sideways. You'll have all the sub bass you ever wanted.

Interesting, I'll have to try that some time, I don't think I have earbuds lying around that are in a good state.

Apr 1, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #42,938 of 63,834
Today's gratuitously-unnecessary office setup. Really, it's there for the volume knob...the 360mW going to the AS10 is just icing on the cake.

IMG_20190401_124009.jpg

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #42,939 of 63,834
Apr 1, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #42,940 of 63,834
I still think ZSN were hyped out proportion. ZSN is not better than early IEM like ATE, ATR, which can be had for same or cheaper. ZSN one of KZ lowest models in my opinion, too narrow, no separation, uninteresting sound. Beauty over sound.
Indeed, beauty over sound. Admittedly, it's one of the well-designed KZ IEM's in terms of aesthetics.

I ordered the KZ ZS7 and I can not wait for it! :ksc75smile:
(Now I have MOE-SS01)
You made the right choice. You'll definitely get your money's worth.:thumbsup::raised_hands:

ZSN is, like @crnbrry said, over-hyped, from what I also observed. The moment some people said it was basically an upgraded ZST (in which I personally don't like the sound), it's a turn-off for me. Like I said above, it looks cool, though.

I haven't used any earbuds that had good bass, I guess that is because they don't seal well enough.
That's always the problem with earbuds; the seal. They always fall off my ears. That's why I never spent past 10 USD on earbuds.

Apr 1, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #42,941 of 63,834
Today's gratuitously-unnecessary office setup. Really, it's there for the volume knob...the 360mW going to the AS10 is just icing on the cake.

Nice setup. Cool looking candy cane cable. And you have good taste in music :wink:

I also like that AS10 upgrade cable. Which one is it?

Apr 1, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #42,942 of 63,834
Nice setup. Cool looking candy cane cable. And you have good taste in music :wink:

I also like that AS10 upgrade cable. Which one is it?
Thanks all around, bud. Funny what happens when I seem to hoard cables at work. The big cable is technically my 10-footer Amazon special that I use on a pair of SHP9500, but they're up to the task here, too.

As for the IEM cable, it's courtesy of OKCSC:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32854364617.html

Apr 1, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #42,943 of 63,834

Who said that TRN cable is not working with ZS7? Now mine is balanced but there is a 3.5 option:thumbsup:

TRN 7.JPG

Does not fit any different than KZ's own black cable:wink:

Shanzing 7.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #42,944 of 63,834
Can anyone help me out please?

I'M looking for an upgrade cable an 8 core silver one which is compatible with the KZ ZS7.

I want this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8-Core-Silver-Plated-Cable-Mmcx-2pin-Hifi-Earphone-Connector-Use-For-Trn-V10-v20/32990597247.html

But this isn't working with the kz zs7 because of the 2 pin connector style.

The TRN cable fits my ZS7 just fine. In fact, I’m listening to it using that cable right now.

The TRN cable doesn’t have the rounded and flat part (as shown in the link in my signature), but none of the aftermarket cables do. Only genuine KZ cables have the rounded and flat part. But that doesn’t stop 2-pin cables from plugging in and working.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #42,945 of 63,834
The TRN cable fits my ZS7 just fine. In fact, I’m listening to it using that cable right now.

The TRN cable doesn’t have the rounded and flat part (as shown in the link in my signature), but none of the aftermarket cables do. Only genuine KZ cables have the rounded and flat part. But that doesn’t stop 2-pin cables from plugging in and working.
And, had it not been for the post that helps you identify which pin goes to which, I think I'd have been lost for hours when I was trying to use my balanced cable. Now I just remember the mnemonic "flat Earth" (flat side = ground) and everything's peachy. Ironically, the positive pin on my balanced cable has a blue dot rather than a red one. Makes for easy ID, but had me head-scratching a bit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back