Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 31, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #42,901 of 63,916
Can anyone compare ZSN/ZSN Pro to ZS7?
Ordered one for my son, but he's not very good with listening notes I'm afraid. If it's simply a bassier ZSN, I could imagine them being a good consumer choice.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #42,902 of 63,916
True :D
Now I'm really thinking about the Pro version. The review sounds pretty good - it seems that Pro can be very similar to ZS7 in bass.
On Ali they have them now for 21$ and for 32$ with Bluetooth module (ZS7 cost 36$ and what's interesting, they are not even in the official store).
Cheaper than that during the sale. A whole whopping few cents more than the regular ZSN :wink:
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cXqCWXeY

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #42,904 of 63,916
I currently have the ZS5 v1 and I'm wondering if the ZSN would be an upgrade. I mostly use them via Bluetooth during my workouts at the gym. I mostly listen to electronic music and rap .So bass is important. Not a big fan of super sibilant highs cause of my tinnitus. ZS5 has served me well but the ZSN looks an enticing buy.

Mar 31, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #42,905 of 63,916
Just received my ZS7 yesterday. This is my new favorite KZ IEM. It's miles better than ZS6. Definitely a big improvement over the ZS6, since it has none of that infamous treble spike. IMO, it has the clarity of an AS10, and the punchiness of some warmer KZ's like the ZS10, ES4, etc. I think this is the sound signature combo I've been looking for. It has the best of both worlds, as they say.

Disagreed! The ZS6 is technical, detailed, and has a very large sound stage with a pleasant sound signature. The ZS6's treble spike isn't as large as it's made to be here, and adjusting between ZS6 and ZS7 takes only a few minutes, especially on new ZS6 models with lips where the upper sound signature differs slightly than day-1 ZS6 models. The ZS7 is fantastic as well, however the ZS6 is still my personal favourite IEM.

The ZS6, ZS7, and AS10 are the only KZ models anyone in present day needs to buy. (CCA not included)

Mar 31, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #42,906 of 63,916
I currently have the ZS5 v1 and I'm wondering if the ZSN would be an upgrade. I mostly use them via Bluetooth during my workouts at the gym. I mostly listen to electronic music and rap .So bass is important. Not a big fan of super sibilant highs cause of my tinnitus. ZS5 has served me well but the ZSN looks an enticing buy.

The darker ZS7 right now for $35 - $37 on Aliexpress is your best bet. It is a step up from the ZS5v1. The ZSN's have slight sibilance in their highs and high-mids.

Mar 31, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #42,907 of 63,916
True :D
Now I'm really thinking about the Pro version. The review sounds pretty good - it seems that Pro can be very similar to ZS7 in bass.
On Ali they have them now for 21$ and for 32$ with Bluetooth module (ZS7 cost 36$ and what's interesting, they are not even in the official store).
Ironically, yes! ...The bass on the ZS7 and ZSN PRO are very similar. Both extend really deep, but it all changes in the higher MID and treble ranges. The ZS7 sounds nicely detailed and smooth, while the PRO's sounds crispier, but less harsh than the original ZSN.
That's what I got so far! I'm still burning the ZSN PRO's and probably won't provide further information until later in the week. :wink:

-Clear

Mar 31, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #42,908 of 63,916
The ZS6's treble spike isn't as large as it's made to be here, and adjusting between ZS6 and ZS7 takes only a few minutes, especially on new ZS6 models with lips where the upper sound signature differs slightly than day-1 ZS6 models.

The ZS6, ZS7, and AS10 are the only KZ models anyone in present day needs to buy. (CCA not included)
Does anyone else agree with crnbrry despite the "sibilance" (and all the new models) the ZS6 is still worth buying?

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #42,909 of 63,916
I was wondering which IEM should i go and buy, the AS06 or CCA C10.

i like something that makes rock music and metal music sounds good (Iron maided, buckethead, aerosmith, the black keys). i don't really need something that sounds good for all genre (since i have MH755 for that). also do anyone know if CCA C10 have crossovers? since iirc zs6 doesn't have one

any help would be appreciated.

Hi! I have both the KZ AS06 and CCA C10. Both, incidentally within a similar price range, are quite good. The AS06 is exceptional with strings, chamber music and intimate jazz or acoustic settings where recordings would invariably be closed-miked. So is the CCA C10; but, it also excels in practically all other genres and recording environments. Plus, its smooth yet detailed treble makes for longer fatigue-free listening. In short, the CCA C10 is simply a much better in-ear headphone than the AS06, sound-wise.

Fit, being uniquely personal, is another matter.

Agreed!

They are geared towards different music genres and preferences.

The ZS7 has a prominently elevated bass profile and a general V shaped sound profile. The C16 is more or less balanced with a very, very shallow V sound signature. The details on the C16 come in sounding more 'filled' and 'thick'. The ZS7 sounding more airy. Both have excellent staging as well as separation for instruments. The C16 having an edge in really complex tracks such as full orchestra classical symphonies. The details from separate instruments come across as being easier to make out compared to the ZS7.

The ZS7 shines where "energy" is called for in a track such as in pop and dance tracks. Very punchy and deep bass, very fun sounding signature. The C16 sounds less so, but the bass energy comes across is taut and "on point".

Both have a bit of treble roll-off, with the C16 sounding smoother but yet not losing detail nor too much energy. The ZS7 having a more elevated, energetic treatment of its treble details but generally not to the point of sibilant though.

Talking of which, both sound excellent a low to moderately low level volumes. But both will show hints of sibilance once a threshold in volume is breached. It seems to be a driver limit or that the damping of the drivers were not adequate for higher output levels.

My thoughts, articulated with clarity and conciseness. :thumbsup:

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #42,910 of 63,916
Does anyone else agree with crnbrry despite the "sibilance" (and all the new models) the ZS6 is still worth buying?
It really depends on what you value more between the bass impact of the ZS7 and the spaciousness of the ZS6. Each has its strengths. IMO, they're different enough to stand on their own merits.

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #42,911 of 63,916
Ironically, yes! ...The bass on the ZS7 and ZSN PRO are very similar. Both extend really deep, but it all changes in the higher MID and treble ranges. The ZS7 sounds nicely detailed and smooth, while the PRO's sounds crispier, but less harsh than the original ZSN.
That's what I got so far! I'm still burning the ZSN PRO's and probably won't provide further information until later in the week. :wink:

-Clear

Always take the initial hype with grain of salt .

The ZSN hype very unwarranted and greatly overstated in many different forums, in my opinion. Narrow sound stage lacking any interesting character, sibilance on highs and vocals. I buy all 3 colors, never use over ZS6, ZS7. They are suitable for backup pair in my backpack.

I buy ZSN Pro, but expect to only have different color resin and gold painted components for same or cheaper price. Many would buy simply for differrnt Pro label. I buy for that reason!

Apr 1, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #42,913 of 63,916

I just bought another pair, so yeah I think the ZS6 is still worth buying.

Apr 1, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #42,914 of 63,916
The ZSN hype very unwarranted and greatly overstated in many different forums, in my opinion. Narrow sound stage lacking any interesting character, sibilance on highs and vocals. I buy all 3 colors, never use over ZS6, ZS7. They are suitable for backup pair in my backpack.

For $12, the ZSN are excellent. Name me 5 IEMs for $12 or less that are significantly better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back