Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 17, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #38,161 of 64,159
Man you guys are such enablers! You should sell crack haha

I have thought about the ED16 numerous times. It’s actually been in my shopping cart on more than one occasion. In all cases I’d eventually remove it (part of that working on my self control thing).

I do only have 2 ears after all :)
I've always wanted an IEM that would downright sound organic and transparent like the ED16, and I have no regrets owning a pair. But, in the other hand, the ZSN has pushed all my IEM's to the limit where they can't endure the luscious response the ZSN does in such a mature way! I believe the ZSN can match many expensive models that I carry easily without any effort of shaming the KZ brand! If the ZSN were given to me as a gift in a more solid package, I would have thought for them to be genuinely expensive. No joke!

...They are just that good! :point_left::blush:

Nov 17, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #38,162 of 64,159
I don't think KZ themselves are aware that they have created this monster IEM called ZSN. I've tried many IEMs from cheap bargain bin to $$$$ IEM and the ZSN can compete with them really. What really impressed me is the bass on the ZSN, how can they go so low with impact but doesn't messed up with other frequencies is unbelievable and you still get that dynamic driver bass sound too.
I don't remember where, but I read some blogger write that they were 8mm drivers, when actually they are driven by 10mm titanium film diaphragms. I personally think that combined with the KZ 30095 BA armatures you're getting incredible details from the bass just as much the MID's and highs.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #38,164 of 64,159
Ok, this, coming from You... I have to buy myself another ZSN set and see/hear what it can do against properly amped ZS5v1.

Well, nothing can beat the ZS5 v1’s soundstage that I’ve found (from KZ)!

Nov 17, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #38,167 of 64,159
The original 3 are listed purple/silver & black, green/black.
So reflection can't actually say what this Tyrian purple looks like, but it is the new version listed. Gearbest please show correct image.
Sorry for any confusion.
Well, if you go on Gearbest's website and look at who bought the Tyrian Purple, you'd see their photos. Silver back, purple body, copper cable.

No idea why Gearbest is messing with us. Maybe to them Viola Purple is the 'new version'? (second Purple version added)

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #38,168 of 64,159
Well, nothing can beat the ZS5 v1’s soundstage that I’ve found (from KZ)!
Well, nothing (also others than KZ) haven`t beaten the ZS5v1 "holographic" soundstage yet (out of my collection and experience). That`s one reasons why it is pure KZ GEM! ;P
Only modded IT01 comes very close... and of course my desk setup with Fidelio X1 open-back HP beats it, but not much.
How'd I miss that one? When did it hit the market?
LOL... long time ago! Now it`s rarity and often sought after (KZ fans).

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #38,169 of 64,159
Nov 17, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #38,170 of 64,159
Well, nothing (also others than KZ) haven`t beaten the ZS5v1 "holographic" soundstage yet (out of my collection and experience). That`s one reasons why it is pure KZ GEM! ;P
Only modded IT01 comes very close... and of course my desk setup with Fidelio X1 open-back HP beats it, but not much.

LOL... long time ago! Now it`s rarity and often sought after (KZ fans).

I have two ZS5v1 and would only sell one for no less than $100.

Nov 17, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #38,171 of 64,159
Joining the rave about ZSN - they are awesome, KZ nailed it. Surprised, cause I thought it is just kind of redesign of ZSTs, but it sounds so different, incredible. Enjoying ZSN and AS10 - very different signature, but both models are brilliant.
Did anyone measured is there a difference between black and silver\purple models?

Nov 17, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #38,172 of 64,159
Joining the rave about ZSN - they are awesome, KZ nailed it. Surprised, cause I thought it is just kind of redesign of ZSTs, but it sounds so different, incredible. Enjoying ZSN and AS10 - very different signature, but both models are brilliant.
Did anyone measured is there a difference between black and silver\purple models?

Which one did you get?

Nov 17, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #38,173 of 64,159
I just got my purple/silver ZSN.
Unfortunately I couldn’t remove the back and take a peek inside. They are using the smallest Torx crews I’ve ever seen. My current set goes to T4 (which is ridiculously tiny), and these are even smaller than that haha. I’ll have to get a kit with even smaller bits.
In fact... mine doesnt have typical Torx screws. They have some kind of "reincarnatonion" of Torx with 5 lobes.
As far as i have ZSN's i have to agree with @Slater absolutely.
ZSN's are great. For less than 15buck is a must have. Good fit, great detailed sound with deep well controled and fast bass, present mids a crisp but not sibilant treble (with spiral dots). For 15bucks phenomenal build quality... Yeh... and cable... i love the cable... First one made by KZ without memory wire and suits ZSN's perfectly. I wish KZ started to manufacture every cable in this way. Perfect. My new daily driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back