Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 2, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #37,576 of 63,893
Nov 3, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #37,579 of 63,893
I actually don`t understand why everybody run for those cheap "silver plated" (probably tinned) cables?
Rather get good OFC cable with lot of strands inside wire and call it done.
Everything that shines, isn`t gold... ya know :wink: Unfortunately many fall for KZ "fashion selling".
Read hakuzen cable measurement posts and be sure what Your are getting.

Nov 3, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #37,581 of 63,893
Who knew that's where

What, they have more than one cable:open_mouth: LOL So tell me Clear, if these dang things are touted as Oxygen Free why do they turn green:rolling_eyes:
I have several white/silver cables from other manufactures that's been with me for several years, which hasn't turned on me. But if these KZ turn green after a few months, I'll be done ordering separate cables from KZ.

Ps. You'll be the first to know. :thumbsup:

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #37,582 of 63,893
THX @1clearhead , I too have a couple nice SP clear cables (obviously cost more then the KZ cables) that have not turned but to date all my KZ SP cables have turned but for less than $10 a cable we may have our sights set too high! The first one to go on me was the permanent one that came on my original red TFZ series 1 and sadly that was not interchangeable:disappointed:

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #37,583 of 63,893
More strands per wire: Less loss of electrical signal to the drivers, which brings a cleaner, clearer frequency respond when it's 25 strands vs. 8 strands.
Lol.....at the power level needed for these you can use one strand of 36AWG magnet wire and notice absolutely no difference.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #37,584 of 63,893
Since 11.11 is approaching I was wondering if we can snatch a budget "pure silver" (not spc) cable from AE. Could anyone like @hakuzen point me to the right direction?

PS: I recall seeing a yellow colored sub-50 USD silver cable from AE here but just can't find it again.

Nov 3, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #37,585 of 63,893
Since 11.11 is approaching I was wondering if we can snatch a budget "pure silver" (not spc) cable from AE. Could anyone like @hakuzen point me to the right direction?

PS: I recall seeing a yellow colored sub-50 USD silver cable from AE here but just can't find it again.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low...buck-cable-thread.891911/page-5#post-14572065

the one you saw is this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MMC...hone-Cable-Extremely-Soft-7N/32890074065.html

this generation of pure silver looks good. i own some other pure silver but thinner cables.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #37,586 of 63,893

Deleted.

They were SPC.

*** EDIT ***

Deleted information (for those interested):
$49
71oehrEMq4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FSR1JW4/ref=sspa_mw_detail_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$40
71kytKkOg8L._AC_SL1500_-1.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Upgrade-Head...dpPl=1&dpID=51kcm1Os6lL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

Attachments

• 71kytKkOg8L._AC_SL1500_-1.jpg
    71kytKkOg8L._AC_SL1500_-1.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #37,589 of 63,893
Hello,
Anyone know where to get the lip version of the ZS6 on AE? :confused: It seems easier to find on gearbest as it's called the bass version, although SQ hasn't changed according to people here.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #37,590 of 63,893
Hello,
Anyone know where to get the lip version of the ZS6 on AE? :confused: It seems easier to find on gearbest as it's called the bass version, although SZ hasn't changed according to people here.

In my experience, the ZS6 nozzle is random (even from Gearbest). The only way to know 100% for sure is to ask the seller to open the box and actually verify. I would also ask for photographic evidence as well.

Some will accommodate, and others will either not understand what you are asking, or will flat out lie. I'm sure better and more trustworthy sellers like Jim @ HCK, Penon, etc will be more than happy to honor a request like that.

I ran into the exact same thing when I was hunting for ZS1 v1 (with the brass ring). The only way to verify the specific revision I wanted was visual inspection. I contacted about 50 sellers between Aliexpress and ebay, sending my request and a clear photo showing how to properly identify what I wanted. Of the 50 requests, only about 15 even bothered to respond. Of those, only 5 sellers were willing to actually look. Of those, 3 sellers claimed they had the correct version (QTY 1 at each seller). So I bought all 3.

Of the 3 I bought, only 1 turned out to be the real deal ZS1 v1. The other 2 I received were the ZS1 v2 (which I did not want). I chalk up those 2 to either lying and telling me what I wanted to hear (a common problem in Chinese culture), or some sort of language barrier or misunderstanding.

Oh well, at least I ended up with 1 at the end of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back