Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 31, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #37,501 of 64,160
oops, 121 iems, 45 earbuds & 57 headphones with more incoming

You have disease. Seriously, go to doctor and get some help! WHY... I mean WHY would You have so much IEM`s? I get it when ppl have like 30-40 for reference and reviewing... but 121 ?!?

I do not feel jealous...

Oct 31, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #37,503 of 64,160
You have disease. Seriously, go to doctor and get some help! WHY... I mean WHY would You have so much IEM`s? I get it when ppl have like 30-40 for reference and reviewing... but 121 ?!?

I do not feel jealous...

Don't judge. No different than any other collection.

Oct 31, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #37,507 of 64,160
kUgapquh.jpg

This Just came in the mail.. Sorry for the bad quality.

First impression: feels way cheaper than my ZS6

this is gonna require a long listening session

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #37,509 of 64,160
kUgapquh.jpg

You gonna find the treble rolled off compared with the zs 456t, but then you'll see it's there but much more balanced. You gonna like the punchiness of the bass. You gonna like they are lighter than zs6. And more comfy.

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #37,510 of 64,160
The list just grew........

it happens by accident.. haha I just found out he just ordered a bud that I already have! He could have had mine.

Was I that transparent? haha. I had around 100 before I started reviewing a couple years back... Can safely say the collection hasn't gotten any smaller.

I’ve been thinking of limiting myself to 1 nice headphone and 1 nice IEM per year. All of the $20 heres and $45 theres start to add up.

I figure it will keep me from getting distracted by the “flavor of the month” gear. It should also give plenty of time to sort through the impressions once the new toy syndrome wears off, for numerous reviews to come in, and for prices/discounts to stabilize.

My collection would be smaller and grow slower, but in theory would be comprised of better gear (ie less is more).

Just thinking out loud...

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #37,511 of 64,160
My AS10 came yesterday and after burning them in overnight I've spent the day listening with them and comparing the to the ZS10.
They are more open, better separation and a little less forgiving in the treble than ZS10. Still a pleasing sound though could do with a bit more bass rumble that ZS10 has.
Easier to drive, with volume level down from 39/40 to 32/33 on my Fiio X1 2nd gen.
Still unsure whether they will usurp my ZS10 with its extra bass as my favourite.
Still bloody good.

Can understand why this hobby can be addicted. 4KZs bought for myself
ATE, ED12, ZS10 and AS10 and 2 ATEs bought for friends, who cant believe how good they are.
kUgapquh.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #37,512 of 64,160
I’ve been thinking of limiting myself to 1 nice headphone and 1 nice IEM per year. All of the $20 heres and $45 theres start to add up.

I figure it will keep me from getting distracted by the “flavor of the month” gear. It should also give plenty of time to sort through the impressions once the new toy syndrome wears off, for numerous reviews to come in, and for prices/discounts to stabilize.

My collection would be smaller and grow slower, but in theory would be comprised of better gear (ie less is more).

Just thinking out loud...

That makes perfect sense. When I consistently bought stuff, I was looking for products that were unknown (i.e. find that hidden gem), looked cool, had interesting tech behind it, or were at one point really expensive and were now for one reason or another selling on the cheap. For example, my Sony XBA-2. Picked it up for 35 CAD when you could still buy it online for well over 200 CAD. My first BA only iem. If I relied on reviews, totally would have passed over on something I still enjoy.

Oct 31, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #37,513 of 64,160
That makes perfect sense. When I consistently bought stuff, I was looking for products that were unknown (i.e. find that hidden gem), looked cool, had interesting tech behind it, or were at one point really expensive and were now for one reason or another selling on the cheap. For example, my Sony XBA-2. Picked it up for 35 CAD when you could still buy it online for well over 200 CAD. My first BA only iem. If I relied on reviews, totally would have passed over on something I still enjoy.

Yup, I did the same when I first started out.

The problem is now years later, I have a mountain of gear, only 2 ears, and I now know exactly what I like and what I don’t.

I could easily get rid of 75% of my collection, and not miss it (other than from a nostalgia/collectibility standpoint).

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #37,514 of 64,160
Happy Halloween guys! :jack_o_lantern:

Oct 31, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #37,515 of 64,160
Yup, I did the same when I first started out.

The problem is I have a mountain of gear, only 2 ears, and I now know what I like and what I don’t.

I could easily get rid of 75% of my collection, and not miss it (other than from a nostalgia/collectibility standpoint).

That's what stops me from getting rid of a lot of it. I have given away a ton over the years, but the stuff I have left I still like to pull out and use every once in a while. Mind you, I don't give away any of the good products anymore. Normal people treat their headphones like crap and it hurts when they come back after a week saying they lost them or broke them, lol. Or if I give someone something and a couple weeks later they say they're looking for a new headphone. "What happened to the pair I just gave you?" "You gave me some headphones? I don't know what happened to them." DERP. *facepalm* I've gotten picky about what I give away, and to whom. If they're not going to appreciate it, they get nothing or something crappy cause they're going to ruin it anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back