Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 29, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #37,411 of 63,897
Well, I feel I need to be more careful with my it01 not because of the build quality is bad or anything, but the more expensive price tag makes me feel I need to baby it more lol.

I know what you mean. That cable is so beautiful that I don't want anything to happen to it. I think we do have to be careful with the mmcx connectors...not to pull on them.

Oct 29, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #37,412 of 63,897
Well, I feel I need to be more careful with my it01 not because of the build quality is bad or anything, but the more expensive price tag makes me feel I need to baby it more lol.

They're pretty sturdy. I bounced mine off a hard tile floor from head height and all that happened is one of the grills popped out. Not that I'd recommend this method of removing the grill, of course, but...

Oct 29, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #37,413 of 63,897
If it is a ZK issue post it hear...

Welcome and sorry about your wallet.

Thx! Well... my zs3 left side stopped working when I was using it and I can't think of anything that could make it stop. First I thought that was the cable but after testing wiht the right side and the zs5 that I have, it worked nomarly. After I tried another cables with the device and it didn't work, I concluded that was a problem with it. So, I would like to know if it has a guide to fix it.

Oct 29, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #37,414 of 63,897
Thx! Well... my zs3 left side stopped working when I was using it and I can't think of anything that could make it stop. First I thought that was the cable but after testing wiht the right side and the zs5 that I have, it worked nomarly. After I tried another cables with the device and it didn't work, I concluded that was a problem with it. So, I would like to know if it has a guide to fix it.

That was a known QC issue with the ZS3. They had a bad batch about a year or so ago. The driver just randomly dies. There is no way to fix it.

You could reuse the shell and install new drivers. Or use them for spare parts (cable, tips, etc).

Oct 30, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #37,415 of 63,897
That was a known QC issue with the ZS3. They had a bad batch about a year or so ago. The driver just randomly dies. There is no way to fix it.

You could reuse the shell and install new drivers. Or use them for spare parts (cable, tips, etc).
Hmmm...so that's why the two ZS3's I bought so far (one last year, the other in 1st quarter 2018) suddenly had the left driver stopped working 5-6 months later (in my case, it's always the left driver for some reason). Such a shame, I love the ZS3 for the isolation and the bass. Good thing there's ZS4, in which I hope doesn't have the same fate as its predecessor when it comes to QC.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #37,416 of 63,897
Anyway, my it01 came a day before ZSN and I have been doing some comparison between the two (I know they are $99 and $23, so not apple to apple, but it's fun). From all my kz collection, the ZSN is the one that sounds close to it01. The bass on it01 is good and punchy but in some songs it can be a tiny bit too much while zsn has less impact, but I find it is perfect amount of bass. Into the mid, it01 is more forward and has a little bit more low mid that make vocal sound a little bit thicker ala shure (not as much as shure tho), while zsn has a thinner vocal, but it also add airiness to it. Treble is almost the same for both, maybe a tad more detail on it01 or less grainy.
IT01 requires at least 150h playtime to settle down on bass and it becomes more balanced and detailed.
But it`s good to hear that ZSN offers similar sound signature with much less price... maybe I still have to buy ZSN too and mod it close as possible to IT01 but I`m holding back due to many reviews/impressions. Will wait for more.

Oct 30, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #37,417 of 63,897
ZSN has more forward mid than ZSR, treble on ZSN also much more sparkly than ZSR, bass about the same, ZSN sounds more airy and spacious than ZSR (maybe because of more sparkly treble), wider soundstage on ZSN. That's what i got from comparing ZSn and ZSR.
For me, ZSN is like a combination of ZS6 and ZSR which is tight and punchy bass of ZSR, sparkly treble of ZS6 minus the piercing and move the mid a little more forward and body than ZS6. Build and fit also the best compared to ZS6 and ZSR. ZSR hurt my ear after awhile, while ZS6 feels like the IEM wants to drop from my ear (maybe because the weight?).
Which ZSN did you get? Did you get the Black/Black, Purple/Silver, or the Cyan/Black?

Oct 30, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #37,419 of 63,897
Hmmm...so that's why the two ZS3's I bought so far (one last year, the other in 1st quarter 2018) suddenly had the left driver stopped working 5-6 months later (in my case, it's always the left driver for some reason). Such a shame, I love the ZS3 for the isolation and the bass. Good thing there's ZS4, in which I hope doesn't have the same fate as its predecessor when it comes to QC.

Yup, that’s exactly why.

The ZS4 won’t suffer the same fate, so no worries there. ZS4 uses a different dynamic driver.

Oct 30, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #37,420 of 63,897
@Slater
Are all trn bt cables the same? If no which one is the best for kz zs3 and zsr?

There’s 3 different TRN Bluetooth cables:

1. BT3 without aptX
2. BT3 with aptX
3. BT10

They are also releasing a new one in November - fully wireless!

As far as which one is best, 2 or 3 are good IMO.

I should mention that many people find that the ZS3 doesn’t sound very good via Bluetooth. I assume the Bluetooth cables just can’t give it enough power. My ZS3 sounds best wired and amped.

Oct 30, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #37,421 of 63,897
There’s 3 different TRN Bluetooth cables:

1. BT3 without aptX
2. BT3 with aptX
3. BT10

They are also releasing a new one in November - fully wireless!

As far as which one is best, 2 or 3 are good IMO.

I should mention that many people find that the ZS3 doesn’t sound very good via Bluetooth. I assume the Bluetooth cables just can’t give it enough power. My ZS3 sounds best wired and amped.
Is it gonna be a fully wireless iem or cable like attachment of some sort? Either way if they pull it off it will be pretty impressive

Oct 30, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #37,422 of 63,897
Is it gonna be a fully wireless iem or cable like attachment of some sort? Either way if they pull it off it will be pretty impressive
Based on a photo I saw, it should be two receivers, one for each side and they go around the ear

Edit: I tried to find the photo which is buried in this or in another post, with no luck.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #37,424 of 63,897
A quick notice for all those planning to buy the KZ ZSN :point_left:

The Purple/Silver ZSN has a slight difference in sound signature due to the cable that it comes with. The cable is slightly thicker and lighter in color than the one that comes with the Cyan/black and Black ZSN, which is darker and slightly thinner. With the thicker/lighter colored cable that comes with the Purple/Silver ZSN, the sound comes through as a more well balanced IEM. It's so nicely done that I am at cloud nine with such a brilliant sound signature. Now, with the darker cable that comes with the Cyan/Black and Black ZSN, expect the bass to slightly sound thicker with warmer vocals while still maintaining hi-end details.

So, in the end, if the purple/silver ZSN cost slightly more it's due to the cables slight difference to the other 2 models. :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back