Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 28, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #37,381 of 64,102
Just wondering, based on the banned brands, why is KZ an exception? They clearly have been copying Campfire Audio, InEar, etc.

Oct 28, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #37,382 of 64,102
Just wondering, based on the banned brands, why is KZ an exception? They clearly have been copying Campfire Audio, InEar, etc.

banned brands is not due to copying, its due to some shady stuff the shop/seller did a long time ago. Do some reading on the links @Slater 's have on his signature

Oct 28, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #37,383 of 64,102
I think every brand of iem or headphone copying each other no matter what they do.

Oct 28, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #37,385 of 64,102
Sorry, I'm new to this forum and mainly this thread, but does this thread also deals with problems or fixes?

If it is a ZK issue post it hear...

Welcome and sorry about your wallet.

Oct 28, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #37,387 of 64,102
I'm considering ordering a ZS6 specifically because they copied Campfire Audio. They look amazing, even if they only sound half as good it's worth it because they cost like 10 times less.

I think in China it may even be a show of respect to use someone else's work in this way.. even if that seems weird to us

Oct 28, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #37,388 of 64,102
Just checking around AE adding crap into my cart for the 11/11 sale and I noticed a couple really good deals to mention here. KZ ZS10 is $28 at a couple places. KZ AS10 is $39. Hope that helps stoke more interest in those 2 iems.

11/11 is going to be a bloodbath for my wallet. I have like $600 worth of stuff added. Game time decision on how much I actually buy. Also watching 400gb micro sd prices. Seen them as low as $90 each on Amazon recently, hoping they can actually get down to $75 or $80 by BF.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #37,389 of 64,102
Thinking of dipping into the ZS6, is the jump worth it or wait for the forthcoming ZS7?

Only thing I own in the KZ range is the ZS3 to compare too if that helps.

It really depends on what you like out of the ZS3 and what else do you desire out of the sound.
If you desire loads of detail with pretty good extension in the treble and bass thumping energy and a nice airy sound stage, the ZS6 is a good update.
But it has its issues for some people.

- Its fit can be an issue for some people compared to the ZS3.
- Isolation isn't as good.
- Its treble can be too hot for many people.
- In many processed vocal tracks, sibilance can be a major nuisance as its pretty prominent on the ZS6 compared to the ZS3.

The ZS6 is very good stuff like instrumental based music and maybe to some extent techno music ( if you can live with the treble that is.)

If you cannot live with more than 1 of the issues above, I would suggest the AS10. It basically has everything the ZS6 has without the issues. The only drawback I can think of which is subjective is the sound stage. The ZS6 does sound that bit more open comparatively. "Airier" , though I cannót honest suggest it to be " wider", its subjective based on how your ears hear them.

If you prefer something that has a much more "polite" treble, I would say the ZS10.

But it does have its issues too.

- Its harder to drive in that you need to crank up the volume a fair bit for it to sound the same as most other KZ's in terms of output volume.
- Its bulbous and short tubed, so fit may be an issue for some people and harder to keep in place and maintain a good seal as a result.
- Its sound isolation is pretty poor due to fit issues for me.

I'm considering ordering a ZS6 specifically because they copied Campfire Audio. They look amazing, even if they only sound half as good it's worth it because they cost like 10 times less.

I think in China it may even be a show of respect to use someone else's work in this way.. even if that seems weird to us

LoL ... if you like the looks of those, then perhaps you can take a look at the PHB-EM023

HTB1UL9RlDqWBKNjSZFxq6ApLpXa6.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #37,390 of 64,102
From what I am hearing when comparing between zs6 and zsn so far, I can noticeably hear a more forward in mid in zsn than zs6, tigher bass and non piercing treble on the zsn, but the high is still sparkling tho.

Oct 29, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #37,391 of 64,102
From what I am hearing when comparing between zs6 and zsn so far, I can noticeably hear a more forward in mid in zsn than zs6, tigher bass and non piercing treble on the zsn, but the high is still sparkling tho.
Hi Voicemaster; how would you compare the ZSR to the ZSN? I have ordered the ZSR, but I've read here that the ZS4 might have better, punchier bass (which I am looking for), and now I read good things about the ZSN... Knowing that the ZS6 is praised for the excellent quality and punch of its bass, I'm very confused now that you say the ZSN is better! I currently have the ES4, I like it, but its bass only comes to life with my desktop, not so much with my DAP (Cayin N3). I'm hoping the ZSR will do better, but would the ZSN do EVEN better?

Oct 29, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #37,392 of 64,102
Hi Voicemaster; how would you compare the ZSR to the ZSN? I have ordered the ZSR, but I've read here that the ZS4 might have better, punchier bass (which I am looking for), and now I read good things about the ZSN... Knowing that the ZS6 is praised for the excellent quality and punch of its bass, I'm very confused now that you say the ZSN is better! I currently have the ES4, I like it, but its bass only comes to life with my desktop, not so much with my DAP (Cayin N3). I'm hoping the ZSR will do better, but would the ZSN do EVEN better?
ZSN has more forward mid than ZSR, treble on ZSN also much more sparkly than ZSR, bass about the same, ZSN sounds more airy and spacious than ZSR (maybe because of more sparkly treble), wider soundstage on ZSN. That's what i got from comparing ZSn and ZSR.
For me, ZSN is like a combination of ZS6 and ZSR which is tight and punchy bass of ZSR, sparkly treble of ZS6 minus the piercing and move the mid a little more forward and body than ZS6. Build and fit also the best compared to ZS6 and ZSR. ZSR hurt my ear after awhile, while ZS6 feels like the IEM wants to drop from my ear (maybe because the weight?).

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #37,393 of 64,102
I'm very happy with my KZ ED16 - nice, balanced sound sig reminding me somewhat of my Tin Audio T2. I'm looking to snag a cheap KZ with a V-shaped sound sig to shake up the offerings from my current functioning bunch of IEMs... and being interested in the ZSN's sound sig, is it worth the buy at $20 CAD (I'm hoping to get the mic model)? Regarding other KZ IEMs that may have a V-shaped sound sig as well, I don't own the KZ ZSR, ZS6, or ZSA, fyi.

Oct 29, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #37,394 of 64,102
I'm very happy with my KZ ED16 - nice, balanced sound sig reminding me somewhat of my Tin Audio T2. I'm looking to snag a cheap KZ with a V-shaped sound sig to shake up the offerings from my current functioning bunch of IEMs... and being interested in the ZSN's sound sig, is it worth the buy at $20 CAD (I'm hoping to get the mic model)? Regarding other KZ IEMs that may have a V-shaped sound sig as well, I don't own the KZ ZSR, ZS6, or ZSA, fyi.
I would say from my experience with KZ ZS3, ZST, ZSR and ZS6, the ZSN comes out on top. It is like they put all the good stuffs from previous KZ ZS line into ZSN. And for only $23, you can't go wrong.

Oct 29, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #37,395 of 64,102
Thinking of dipping into the ZS6, is the jump worth it or wait for the forthcoming ZS7?

Only thing I own in the KZ range is the ZS3 to compare too if that helps.
from the user of the ZS6 i reccomend switching the tips to foam tips and an impedance adapter (8 ohm is enough) just to tame the sibilance and treble to the point that i dont mind (personally), its a good iem, it feels wide & detailed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back