Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 9, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #35,416 of 63,919
Aug 9, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #35,420 of 63,919
photos of that mouse please...

mouse with headphones 2.jpg

Aug 9, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #35,422 of 63,919
Correct.

And here’s a secret ED9 tip. You can remove the foam from the shiny filters. It changes the sound of the tuning filter without the foam piece vs with the foam. This gives you a “free 3rd set” of tuning filters.

Likewise, you can insert the foam into the dull brass tuning filter, for a 4th filter option!

Each option is slightly different sound!

My personal favorite are the shiny gold tuning filter with the foam removed.
Thanks Slater for the tip on removing the foam from the ED-9 filters. I've customized the ED-9 a ton, including sealing the vents. The most dramatic change was when I made custom eartips for them. It's a classic item, when they first came out you felt you were getting a $100 IEM for 10 bucks. I guess any IEM can be a work in progress, but especially the ED-9. As much as I like them I don't think KZ can ever top the ZSE for value.

Aug 10, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #35,423 of 63,919
I continue to use the PHB EM-023 ( This name seriously...)

On Slipknot - Vermillion : I listen only 3:20 to end ( I love the final ). The big problem is the detail, it seems too complex for him. It don't arrive to have clear scene and it's unpleasant. GUITAR isn't clear and lost detail and quality. It seems garish

Comparing to ZS6 : They are very better. More natural, it manages better all instrument and stay perfectly clear. The instrument separation and detail stay excellent.

Comparing to Macaw GT600s : they manage less good than zs6 but better than PHB. Globally it same thing than zs6 but became more garish at this moment.

I must reuse my zs6 to compare with PHB.
The big plus is the em-023 is not sibilant at all. And the Audio rendering is very good. Very interesting for the price

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #35,425 of 63,919
KZ ZSA, very compact and good sound

Aug 10, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #35,426 of 63,919
Do you guys have any recommendations for preferably cheap but good sounding and small KZ IEMS (or other brands) ?

Try narrowing down your question. What do you listen to? What is your idea of good? Neutral, big bass, lots of details, treble sparkle? Lots of good choices out there but not every one fits every application.
Your question is kind of like asking us "What car should I buy?" Without knowing where you live, what size family you have, your driving habits, etc... we are not likely to reach any consensus or provide a viable answer.

Aug 10, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #35,427 of 63,919
Aug 10, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #35,428 of 63,919
Try narrowing down your question. What do you listen to? What is your idea of good? Neutral, big bass, lots of details, treble sparkle? Lots of good choices out there but not every one fits every application.
Your question is kind of like asking us "What car should I buy?" Without knowing where you live, what size family you have, your driving habits, etc... we are not likely to reach any consensus or provide a viable answer.

You're absolutely right, sorry. I am still relatively new to the whole scene but I do know that I like details and a large soundstage.
I listen to songs ranging from Metal, Classical, French House, Rock, Blues and a bit of Rap with focus on the more guitar-driven songs, if that helps.
KZ ZSA, very compact and good sound

Thank you!

Aug 10, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #35,429 of 63,919
Aug 10, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #35,430 of 63,919

Users who are viewing this thread

Back