Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 9, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #35,401 of 63,834
Not much, mostly a form factor difference from what information has been released. That being said, I can find no details on crossover components so it could be all the same drivers with completely different tunings.
Looks like the same except the open grills on the ba10. Could be fake open though as pointed out on some kz's by slater.

Aug 9, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #35,402 of 63,834
LOL. I know. He had a good sense of timing though... I remember it as being every 5 seconds.

haha.. I just thought of something... maybe his parents were wearing ear plugs.. .maybe they have to wear them every waking moment.

And he grew up to be a musician....now you know the rest of the story

Aug 9, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #35,403 of 63,834
Looks like the same except the open grills on the ba10. Could be fake open though as pointed out on some kz's by slater.

Openings on the housing on an all ba arrangement may mean very little. If they have tubes running from the nozzle to the drivers, it effectively removes the housing from the equation (unless the BA is vented some other way).

Aug 9, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #35,404 of 63,834
Aug 9, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #35,405 of 63,834
Aug 9, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #35,406 of 63,834
Wait til the bug really bites and you end up with an A&K Dap and a couple sets of CIEMS on your desk. Don't ask me how I know.

I already dream about them but i'm freakin lucky: i don't have money as i'm still paying my studies so i end every month with a couple of euros in my pocket.
I have to say this is bad as i can't buy many pieces of technology, but the good part is that the fury monkey in me doesn't unleash his power blocking me when i think about buying something.

I've heard time ago an A&K KANN with A&K Layla and i have to say i have a new dream.

Aug 9, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #35,407 of 63,834
Openings on the housing on an all ba arrangement may mean very little. If they have tubes running from the nozzle to the drivers, it effectively removes the housing from the equation (unless the BA is vented some other way).

Also don’t know if makers a difference but the BA10s are going to be metal apparently and at a slightly higher price point.

3103EDC1-3198-4409-8EFB-240367AD5FA6.jpeg

Aug 9, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #35,409 of 63,834
Hot out of the mailbox (literally) the ed9 has arrived. OOTB, fired up some Clapton on the ipod touch g6, and thought they sounded muffled. Replaced filter with the alternate, (both are bronze) & Clapton-ed again, Wow! 5-8 usd, I like surprises like this. Great bang for buck! Thanks to @Slater @Podster @B9Scrambler

One is shiny and the other is dull. I like the dull one..[/QUOTE]

@mbwilson111 thank you for the heads up on the shiny vs dull finish.

I looked inside one pair of filters, and found a tiny piece of foam inside, I was assuming this was the "Bass" enhanced filters.

Aug 9, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #35,410 of 63,834
You mentioned that you had 2 brass filters. You should have 2 distinctly different sets of filters:
  • 1 set should be a shiny/polished gold plated color, that has a cone shaped end like the bell of a trumpet, and a small piece of black foam inserted into it.
  • 1 set should be a dull brass color, that is a little longer than the shiny gold one, and has no foam at all inside.

If you're interested, here's a graph showing the differences between the 2 filters.

Gold filter (for more low end ie sub bass/bass below 200Hz):

Dull Brass filter (for a more balanced/neutral sound, due to less emphasis on the low end below 200Hz):

Thank You for that piece of info. I appreciate that.

Aug 9, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #35,411 of 63,834
One is shiny and the other is dull. I like the dull one..

@mbwilson111 thank you for the heads up on the shiny vs dull finish.

I looked inside one pair of filters, and found a tiny piece of foam inside, I was assuming this was the "Bass" enhanced filters.

Correct.

And here’s a secret ED9 tip. You can remove the foam from the shiny filters. It changes the sound of the tuning filter without the foam piece vs with the foam. This gives you a “free 3rd set” of tuning filters.

Likewise, you can insert the foam into the dull brass tuning filter, for a 4th filter option!

Each option is slightly different sound!

My personal favorite are the shiny gold tuning filter with the foam removed.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #35,413 of 63,834
Guys it's been a long time since i've been on this thread, what's the current state of things? I see that they will release a new top of the line, currently i'm with the ZSR, but i want to jump to the top, so how's the ZS10 vs ZS6?

Aug 9, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #35,415 of 63,834
Those look heavy, cumbersome and generally all around painful.

I think they will sure be heavy.
What i ask myself is how they sound considering it is a 10BA unit.. curious about it. No money for it, thar's sure, but i've already heard some good things about the AS10
Unfortunately, no money and small ears = can't try those kind of iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back