Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 8, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #35,371 of 63,937

You mentioned that you had 2 brass filters. You should have 2 distinctly different sets of filters:
  • 1 set should be a shiny/polished gold plated color, that has a cone shaped end like the bell of a trumpet, and a small piece of black foam inserted into it.
  • 1 set should be a dull brass color, that is a little longer than the shiny gold one, and has no foam at all inside.

HTB1C9ekLXXXXXXKapXXq6xXFXXXh.jpg

If you're interested, here's a graph showing the differences between the 2 filters.

Gold filter (for more low end ie sub bass/bass below 200Hz):
ED9.fr.png

Dull Brass filter (for a more balanced/neutral sound, due to less emphasis on the low end below 200Hz):
ED9.fr.wide.png

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #35,372 of 63,937
Hot out of the mailbox (literally) the ed9 has arrived. OOTB, fired up some Clapton on the ipod touch g6, and thought they sounded muffled. Replaced filter with the alternate, (both are bronze) & Clapton-ed again, Wow! 5-8 usd, I like surprises like this. Great bang for buck! Thanks to @Slater @Podster @B9Scrambler

One is shiny and the other is dull. I like the dull one..[/QUOTE]

The KD9 is one of the KZ range I had my eye on for a long while but by that time their hybrids were taking off and i forgot about it. Got it £7 on eBay, should arrive this weekend.

Aug 8, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #35,374 of 63,937
I was just about ready to buy Ed9 last night. Its been on my wish list for awhile. Ended up hitting buy on ZSA. Anybody have a comparison between V20 and ZSA? Both 1+1 over ears. V20 cost me $14, ZSA $16.

Anyway, I may just go ahead and order ed9. May just quell the thirst I have for the Flares Gold GAS I have, which will never be filled because $1200 for earphones is just friggen stupid. :)

Aug 8, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #35,376 of 63,937
I wasn't considering them as i've read by many people they don't have a strong sub-bass which is very important to my highly bass tastes (bass music, edm music, pop and electronic music, dubstep and so on)
The ES4 has mediocre sub bass and bloated mid bass. Not good for the music you listen to. ZSA is better but a bit rolled off below 40 hz. I find the ZSA's bass perfect for rock but it might be a little lacking for dub step. That said, I doubt you'll find better at that price point and retain any clarity whatsoever. Haven't heard the ED16 so i can't compare that one.

Aug 8, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #35,377 of 63,937
Aug 8, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #35,378 of 63,937
The ES4 has mediocre sub bass and bloated mid bass. Not good for the music you listen to. ZSA is better but a bit rolled off below 40 hz. I find the ZSA's bass perfect for rock but it might be a little lacking for dub step. That said, I doubt you'll find better at that price point and retain any clarity whatsoever. Haven't heard the ED16 so i can't compare that one.

Thank you for your answer.
As i'm still confused i just put my zsa buying decision in the short next future.
I ordered today a pair of KZ ED9 for like 6.5€

Do you think i made a good choice?

Aug 8, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #35,379 of 63,937
Thank you for your answer.
As i'm still confused i just put my zsa buying decision in the short next future.
I ordered today a pair of KZ ED9 for like 6.5€

Do you think i made a good choice?

I think for the price, you can't go wrong and you learn something about what you like and how your thoughts compare to those who reviewed the ED9 and if nothing else, you find a few like-minded listeners who's advice you trust when selecting your next purchase.

Aug 9, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #35,381 of 63,937
Yup, haha. He can also be commonly found with these twin Comets and trying to woo the AWK-009.

I really don't get how people can have issues with the ZS6 and be fine with the V80, but to each their own ears. :beerchug:

Hype-hate is a strong influence on the brain's capability

Aug 9, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #35,384 of 63,937
Yup, haha. He can also be commonly found with these twin Comets and trying to woo the AWK-009.

I really don't get how people can have issues with the ZS6 and be fine with the V80, but to each their own ears. :beerchug:

This statut with iem, so good Idea !

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #35,385 of 63,937
I think for the price, you can't go wrong and you learn something about what you like and how your thoughts compare to those who reviewed the ED9 and if nothing else, you find a few like-minded listeners who's advice you trust when selecting your next purchase.

I think so.
And i even think i'm gonna buy a pair of zsa in the next days.. chi fi is getting me crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back