Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 17, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #34,681 of 63,915
Yes, there are single BA iems available.

can i get some names please?

Astrotec AM90 (been around for years)
Nicehck DT100 (a few people have talked about it in other threads)
newest that I know of - Ourart Tini (maybe no one has it yet)

I think there may be others

Jul 17, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #34,685 of 63,915
can i get some names please?

Final Audio Design - F-Series, Heaven Series
Klipsch X10, X11, X12
X20i_ppt003.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #34,687 of 63,915
Yup, ES4 with wide bore and ifi iem buddy combo is more coherent, larger stage and way more proper tuning than the nasal ZS10. ES4 is on borderline of roll off and boosted but not neutral. This makes it more extended and sparkly while bass digs deeper than ZS10. Mids are more upfront and instrument have proper space.

Did neutraliser eq on both and found that ES4 blends and smoothen instrument while retaining detailing(coherent) but ZS10 instrument sound separated and weird as violin and trumpets even after eq are a little brittle and decayish plus are still in front(not that much, but yeah) making its space to be weird. It does better job in songs with 1 or 2 instruments and vocalist, but complex track gets a weird stage(weird placement).

I listened them to Benchmark media DAC3 HGC with low gain

I was thinking of a ZS10, but now with your description, I'm considering a pair of ES4 (half of ZS10 price at aliexpress)

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #34,689 of 63,915
Hi everyone, I haven't gotten new KZs after my ATR and ZS3 so would like some advice what to get.

I'm looking for something with a moderate v signature not too strong, something like the ZS3. Would I be better off with the ZS6, ZS10 or ZSR? I read that ZS10 has tonality issues and ZSR has some sibilance/boomy bass comments so not sure what to get. I enjoy both the ATR and ZS3 so that's the kind of sound that works for me.

Also, if anyone has ideas on whether to order KZ upgrade cables or stick with stock, let me know too :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #34,690 of 63,915
Jul 17, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #34,692 of 63,915
Hey, I just realized something with the T6.

It’s not just simply missing a 3.5mm jack; it’s TOTALLY missing the ability to run it in wired mode!

The 4S and 5 has USB-C, but at least they could be run wired and included a USB-C to 3.5mm cable. The T6 has no such functionality; it’s wireless only.

That’s not cool at all. You are screwed when the battery is run down. And when the battery eventually dies completely, you can’t even use the T6 as a wired-only headphone (like I do with 1 of my T3+). It will end up in the landfill.

Such a shame.

I can't tell for sure. It does have type-C USB, and on the Aliexpress page it says "Communication: Wireless + Wired", which is confusing to me.
It will be difficult to get one nevertheless.

Actually it's not just the T6s, it's like a Bluedio day on Aliexpress and it looks like everything will be on sale. I watched a review about the Speaker BS-6 which will cost about 25USD and all were impressive comments.

Jul 17, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #34,693 of 63,915
I was thinking of a ZS10, but now with your description, I'm considering a pair of ES4 (half of ZS10 price at aliexpress)
you can get them for 10$ with phonograph coupon

Jul 17, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #34,695 of 63,915
I received the KZ ES4, while it being my first KZ as well, I believe the hype has to die. Uncomfortable tips, hated the memory wire cable and I tested them against my TRN v20's, needless to say I much more prefer the v20s over them sound wise and comfort wise, they're quite the little gem for the price, I'll probably convert the ES4s into bluetooth earphones with one of their adapters and just leave them on the side, that's my piece for them!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back