1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Drinkyoghurt
    The newer one that he is talking about is balanced on both sides. There are other options, just search on Aliexpress for MMCX bluetooth. No experience myself but heard that these are ok https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/2018...6130-4882-90e6-7a0046ceb695&priceBeautifyAB=0

2. Slater
    Well put sir. Solid (and true) advice.

There is absolutely zero guarantee that X or Y driver or configuration will instantly = good sound.

Now, if the OP is looking for a single BA because they are typically super compact in size, and thus good for specific purposes like sleeping, then that is another story. But then again, a micro dynamic driver can be pretty much equally as small as many single-BA IEMs.

But like you said, it all boils down to the end result (the sound). That's where the rubber meets the road.

ChaoticKinesis and audionab like this.
  3. Wiljen
    Not surprised, with 2000 pages, I probably missed a lot more than that.

Thanks

4. Wiljen
    I think the issue with KZ is that creating a single full range BA is way more complicated than tuning an existing one. it is far easier to use dampers, capacitors and resistors to modify the sound of an existing driver than to alter the basic design to perform differently. Even big names like Noble are having their custom drivers made by Knowles and Sonion because they know when to leave that to those who know it best.

If they cant tune a driver, the likelihood they can create a solid full range BA is almost zero.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Zerohour88 and dhruvmeena96 like this.
  5. dhruvmeena96
    They are still produced by Knowles, sonion or molex(final audio) but on special order and specs and their isnothing like in house BA

6. audionab
    well the reason i was looking for a cheaper single BA iem because i wanted to get listening experience from BA only iems as i had never listened to one i try to guess how the bass will be from these kind of iems

just wanted to experiment :p

7. HernanKhan
    I know this are supposed to vary by person, but could you share your ES4 Neutralizer profile :triportsad:

dhruvmeena96 likes this.
  8. Virtu Fortuna
    Very thanks for this link. I honestly couldn't find when I searched.

9. audionab
    usually one should set the frequency volume to minimum threshold but i experiment with this equalizer by relatively increasing certain frequencies to listen to their effect on sound
    but yeah setting the frequencies to minimum threshold is the way to go

10. dhruvmeena96
    Screenshot_Neutralizer_20180718-124121.png

Superluc and audionab like this.
  11. mbwilson111
    This one is the least expensive single BA that I can find. If you search the forum, there is some discussion about it. The Astrotec AM90. I think it has been around for a long time. Knowles Single Balanced Armature Driver.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-Earphones-AM-90-MIC/2885080_32893191632.html

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    HungryPanda and audionab like this.
  12. nxnje
    I'm gonna stay far from these then
    I'm just really curious to hear how they sound as many people reported amazing reviews

Now i'm really confused.. i like the shape of the zsa, it seems very little and could easily fit my ears. Then i even think about tin audio t2, about spending some more for them

What would you tip me?

13. audionab
  14. mbwilson111
    dhruvmeena96 likes this.
  15. Wiljen
    The thing to remember with any driver whether BA or dynamic is that efficiency is diametrically opposed to extension. The only way to create a full range driver with good extension at both ends is to sacrifice efficiency. The fact that the Astrotec shows really good efficiency numbers suggests its extension will be lacking. The Campfire Comet on the other hand has an efficiency in the low 90s and an impedance of 48 Ohms as they were shooting for more extension at the expense of efficiency.

gemmoglock and audionab like this.