Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 16, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #34,651 of 63,914
Yes - I've really struggled getting the zsr to fit well. I normally use small silicone tips and struggle to get any over the nozzle, which is bigger than all the other KZs I have and makes the tips stretch. Having tried every tip that I have including foam ones which others have had success with but I don't get along with, I have given up on the zsr.
Have you tried the stock Starline small tips? I've fit various other tips but would agree it can take some effort due to the thickness.

If you have really narrow ear canals you will probably have a more comfortable fit with longer tips that extend past the nozzle, such as the Starlines. With shorter tips the long, wide nozzle may press against the canals.

Jul 16, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #34,652 of 63,914
Have you tried the stock Starline small tips? I've fit various other tips but would agree it can take some effort due to the thickness.

If you have really narrow ear canals you will probably have a more comfortable fit with longer tips that extend past the nozzle, such as the Starlines. With shorter tips the long, wide nozzle may press against the canals.

Yes but the medium ones are too wide to be comfortable than more than about 10 mins and the small ones are too long, they are long and narrow. Basically I find that the most comfortable tips for me are the really cheap silicone ones, no matter what I've tried (inc foam and spinfit), they're the only ones that are comfortable for any length of time

eg
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Han...326.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dBpfD7r

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #34,653 of 63,914
Oh, nice! KZ has a black cable now:
https://detail.1688.com/offer/573574767504.html?spm=a2615.2177701.0.0.6973133bixbzwD

gOvLX4S.png

My KZs look fancier with black cables on. Not sure if I will need it now since I got a bunch of TRNs, but still cool.

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #34,654 of 63,914
So I might have accidentally destroyed a pair of Auvio tips. Tried to follow the advice in this thread on trimming some of the inner core out so the tips could sit flush with the grille on my ZS10 and now they basically don't stay on at all (staying in my ear if I'm not careful). Can't remember if there was a potential solution to this, outside of using something sticky to keep it attached to the nozzle. Any advice?

*edit* It's permanent, but just ended up using Loctite. Cheap as these things are, don't really care that they're stuck together for life now.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #34,655 of 63,914
@Drinkyoghurt the ES4 will suit you well

Awesome, looking forward to it! I've had some more expensive IEMs before which were super clear and really got everything in there, but no bass. They really felt super clinical and not fun to listen to at all. It's always difficult to gauge an IEM's performance off online reviews since everyone has different taste, hearing capabilities and ear canals to distort the sound. I was really surprised with the KZ ATE though, so I have high hopes for the ES4 :D

Jul 16, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #34,656 of 63,914
Yes but the medium ones are too wide to be comfortable than more than about 10 mins and the small ones are too long, they are long and narrow. Basically I find that the most comfortable tips for me are the really cheap silicone ones, no matter what I've tried (inc foam and spinfit), they're the only ones that are comfortable for any length of time

eg
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Han...326.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dBpfD7r
I don't know what to tell you, I've put Spinfits on my ZSR and I think those have a rather thin stem.

Try to put the tips on at an angle where you first get one side over the edge of the nozzle and slowly stretch it to where it fits all the way around.

Jul 16, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #34,657 of 63,914
So I might have accidentally destroyed a pair of Auvio tips. Tried to follow the advice in this thread on trimming some of the inner core out so the tips could sit flush with the grille on my ZS10 and now they basically don't stay on at all (staying in my ear if I'm not careful). Can't remember if there was a potential solution to this, outside of using something sticky to keep it attached to the nozzle. Any advice?

*edit* It's permanent, but just ended up using Loctite. Cheap as these things are, don't really care that they're stuck together for life now.

a drop of rubber cement on the nozzle wall works too and might be easier to trade tips later should you decide to.

Jul 16, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #34,658 of 63,914
a drop of rubber cement on the nozzle wall works too and might be easier to trade tips later should you decide to.
That's not a bad idea. Maybe I'll consider it next time. These tips aren't going anywhere from now on, though :)

Also hopped over to RadioShack's website and it looks like the Auvio wide-bores are still on clearance at $1/2 pairs. Picked up another 4 units for the heck of it.

Jul 16, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #34,664 of 63,914
got the kz ate today ... and they are freaking good best kz so far .. sound signature is amazing... my favourite kz so far... its even better kz edr1 kz zs6 and kz es3 ... cant believe they are soo cheap ... they provide very natural sound... and nice mids... cant believe I payed so cheap... kz ate is a nice little gem .. this gem needs be more known here
dude the grey kz zs6 is better than or not?

Jul 16, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #34,665 of 63,914

Users who are viewing this thread

Back