Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 15, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #34,621 of 63,985
Maybe quit buying KZ or chifi as a whole? Actually, this borderline addiction isn't even a problem exclusive to chifi. You'll get a select few who are flush with cash and want every TOTL IEM ever. There's never an endgame.
Also, I understand it's tempting at the price, but KZ doesn't even pack an assortment of tips beyond the bare minimum, so that should signal to you that they're not paying much attention to detail.
Call me cynical, but personally I'm not expecting attention to detail from KZ at this price.
If you're buying entry-level chifi, you're pretty much diving head-first into the bargain bin so enter with caution, be prepared to be disappointed, and you'll be a happier person when you get something nice.
If you want fewer issues, consider buying locally, demoing the sound, paying a slight premium, maybe even taking the leap to mid-level IEMs for more consistent performance.
I'm just saying, KZ exists to make money, you exist to enjoy the sound of their product. If you stop enjoying their product, maybe it's time to stop purchasing?
and thats why we spend 15$ on a KZ iem

we get the best sound for 15$ at that time

but spending 40$ or 50$ on KZ would be a big no because they don't have the best QC and after sales service i would better off buying well known non chi-fi brand's iems for consistent QC and after sales service

i remember buying a senn cx180 in past and got it replaced like 4 times in 2 years and had a huge stack of its tips although that iems sucked but i got like 12 pairs of tips not too shabby lol

Jul 15, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #34,622 of 63,985
Maybe quit buying KZ or chifi as a whole? Actually, this borderline addiction isn't even a problem exclusive to chifi. You'll get a select few who are flush with cash and want every TOTL IEM ever. There's never an endgame.
Also, I understand it's tempting at the price, but KZ doesn't even pack an assortment of tips beyond the bare minimum, so that should signal to you that they're not paying much attention to detail.
Call me cynical, but personally I'm not expecting attention to detail from KZ at this price.
If you're buying entry-level chifi, you're pretty much diving head-first into the bargain bin so enter with caution, be prepared to be disappointed, and you'll be a happier person when you get something nice.
If you want fewer issues, consider buying locally, demoing the sound, paying a slight premium, maybe even taking the leap to mid-level IEMs for more consistent performance.
I'm just saying, KZ exists to make money, you exist to enjoy the sound of their product. If you stop enjoying their product, maybe it's time to stop purchasing?

Assortment of tips. I've tried dozens of different types of tips for the kz's I always go back to the included buds, this tells me they're ALL about attention to detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 15, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #34,623 of 63,985
Questions for you all:
- Anyone with KZ ZSR and small ears? Do you have fitting problems?
- Anyone that owns kz zsa and can compare them with MEMT x5 and KZ ZSR?
Are they a real upgrade from a memt x5?

Jul 15, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #34,624 of 63,985
Go get a NiceHCK bro then.

And chi fi new disorder was recently discovered

BiTYDD: Buy iem Till You Drop Dead

Just don't get this disorder.

And yah guys, KZ store now officially announce the AS10...still don't know about the metal one.

And Bluedio T6 is going on crazy pre order sale.
Noise cancellation is something like Bose QC25 introduced(the dual mic; one inside and one outside) with massive 57mm driver and dual magnet. It is something of 2k inr or in between 40usd to 50usd. The earcups are massive(way massive) in pics, somethconstruction
plus titanium headband and full metal construction

@audionab

Jul 15, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #34,625 of 63,985
Noise cancellation is something like Bose QC25 introduced(the dual mic; one inside and one outside) with massive 57mm driver and dual magnet. It is something of 2k inr or in between 40usd to 50usd. The earcups are massive(way massive) in pics, somethconstruction

@audionab

Indeed. I saw it today and I was thinking about getting them. 32$ in 3 days in Aliexpress. I think they don't have sd card slot like the t3 plus, but it seems they sound great. My only concern is when the active noise cancellation is on; on the T5s the sound quality takes a hit.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #34,628 of 63,985
Has anyone got any recommendations for eartips for the KZ ZS5 V1 and the ZS10? And would you guys recommend double flange or triple flange tips (I have never tried them)?
Don't you like the stock starline tips?
I really like them on my zs5v1.
I don't like double and triple flange at all.

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #34,630 of 63,985
...i remember buying a senn cx180 in past and got it replaced like 4 times in 2 years...

4xs in 2 years? Just goes to show you that QC issues and longevity issues can occur with ANY brand, even the “big names”. People like to dog on KZ, but NO ONE is impervious to issues.

Still, hard to beat KZ for bang for the buck value. I’m jamming to my EDR1 right now, which can be had for $2.60. I’ve beat the heck out of them, and they are still going strong 3 years later. At that price, I’ll have no heartache when they finally decide to die.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #34,631 of 63,985
4xs in 2 years? Just goes to show you that QC issues and longevity issues can occur with ANY brand, even the “big names”. People like to dog on KZ, but everyone has issues.

Still, hard to beat KZ for bang for the buck value. I’m jamming to my EDR1 right now, which can be had for $2.60. I’ve beat the heck out of them, and they are still going strong 3 years later.
i went 2 times with perfectly fine iems :p

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #34,632 of 63,985
Go get a NiceHCK bro then.

And chi fi new disorder was recently discovered

BiTYDD: Buy iem Till You Drop Dead

Just don't get this disorder.

And yah guys, KZ store now officially announce the AS10...still don't know about the metal one.

@audionab
lol you are late already ordered isk hf2010

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #34,633 of 63,985
Indeed. I saw it today and I was thinking about getting them. 32$ in 3 days in Aliexpress. I think they don't have sd card slot like the t3 plus, but it seems they sound great. My only concern is when the active noise cancellation is on; on the T5s the sound quality takes a hit.

In my experience, sound is always going to take a hit with ANC. Some is better implemented than others though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back