Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 14, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #34,607 of 63,977
I tried modding ES4 by punching the hole in the front driver vent.. Bass vanished...not good

Use feviquick to block the vent.

It was stopped with non porous paper...
RIP ES4

Jul 14, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #34,608 of 63,977
Hi everyone, I have just received the ZSAs. They're decent, just as I expected them, surely superior to my Xiaomi hybrid pro hd. I have bought a Bluetooth upgrade cable for them too, the 4.2 version (electronics still on the right but upgraded from the 4.1 one), and I'm very pleased with it. I have a question about it, however: apart from the loss in detail in the highs (that BTW I almost find pleasing, since it means no more sharpness), I've noticed a clear DSP correction going on in the lower end (I believe from 250hz down) that leads to a very low maximum volume and bloated bass. EQing it with the standard equalizer in my S8 I've not only noticed a cleaner sound, but also an increase in volume. This is what surprised me: I didn't think that by counteracting the original Kz EQ I could also restore the negative preamplification that was previously needed for the bass boost. Do any of you guys have experience with this phenomenon or have a different explanation from mine?

Thanks a lot in advance

Jul 14, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #34,609 of 63,977
Jul 14, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #34,611 of 63,977
I will ask before modding..

Plus @audionab I will pay you extra, will you do a payment for New ES4 in august(same blue) for me.

I will pay 1000inr.. The same amount I paid for this ES4.

My bank issue is not sorted
lol no

Jul 14, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #34,613 of 63,977
HTB1hdL7kL6TBKNjSZJiq6zKVFXaF.jpg

HTB1HU52Eh9YBuNjy0Ffq6xIsVXa3.jpg
OK, you got me!...Now that is totally interesting! :gs1000smile:

Jul 14, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #34,614 of 63,977
OK, you got me!...Now that is totally interesting! :gs1000smile:

I think that thing looks horribly uncomfortable. I am not interested in those at all. I am only interested in the purple one from the original photo showing 2018 releases. I like the color. Would be nice if it sounds good as well. Judging from what has been released so far, I think it will be good.

Jul 14, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #34,616 of 63,977
I think that thing looks horribly uncomfortable. I am not interested in those at all. I am only interested in the purple one from the original photo showing 2018 releases. I like the color. Would be nice if it sounds good as well. Judging from what has been released so far, I think it will be good.
Yea, what I meant was will the amount of BA armatures be more justifiable to the prior releases which was a mixed bag of good and bad reviews (in my personal opinion). :ksc75smile:

Jul 14, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #34,619 of 63,977
I see the hamster wheel of KZ. Instead of giving you a few good ones to choose, you buy all of the cheap ones every release. The first versions like the ZS5 are better than the newer ones, and then you keep getting "updates" that show evidence of quality fade.

Their treble tuning has recently become worse and worse, do they have faulty equipment? They stuff more and more drivers inside, but the better ones are the ones with one or two drivers inside.

My ZS5 gave out: one side is very low volume. If anyone has any help (its not the cable) please contact me. Its the right side if that helps.

I bought more and more expensive ones from them and they are all lacking in some way, and I continue to buy them. A lot of them don't have a ridge to keep the silicone inside. A lot of them have fitting problems. Some of them are lacking from being able to come out of the replaceable cables. I heard that nicehck bro is good since it uses different cables and has that, but I don't know if the case will fit me.

Any suggestions for KZ-like headphones that have basic features I didn't even know were missing? It such a shame that they can't even put a notch on their high end, I mean expensive offerings (ZS5, ZS6, ZS10) so that this problem always occurs and you pay more for it!

Jul 15, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #34,620 of 63,977
I see the hamster wheel of KZ. Instead of giving you a few good ones to choose, you buy all of the cheap ones every release. The first versions like the ZS5 are better than the newer ones, and then you keep getting "updates" that show evidence of quality fade.

Their treble tuning has recently become worse and worse, do they have faulty equipment? They stuff more and more drivers inside, but the better ones are the ones with one or two drivers inside.

My ZS5 gave out: one side is very low volume. If anyone has any help (its not the cable) please contact me. Its the right side if that helps.

I bought more and more expensive ones from them and they are all lacking in some way, and I continue to buy them. A lot of them don't have a ridge to keep the silicone inside. A lot of them have fitting problems. Some of them are lacking from being able to come out of the replaceable cables. I heard that nicehck bro is good since it uses different cables and has that, but I don't know if the case will fit me.

Any suggestions for KZ-like headphones that have basic features I didn't even know were missing? It such a shame that they can't even put a notch on their high end, I mean expensive offerings (ZS5, ZS6, ZS10) so that this problem always occurs and you pay more for it!

Maybe quit buying KZ or chifi as a whole? Actually, this borderline addiction isn't even a problem exclusive to chifi. You'll get a select few who are flush with cash and want every TOTL IEM ever. There's never an endgame.
Also, I understand it's tempting at the price, but KZ doesn't even pack an assortment of tips beyond the bare minimum, so that should signal to you that they're not paying much attention to detail.
Call me cynical, but personally I'm not expecting attention to detail from KZ at this price.
If you're buying entry-level chifi, you're pretty much diving head-first into the bargain bin so enter with caution, be prepared to be disappointed, and you'll be a happier person when you get something nice.
If you want fewer issues, consider buying locally, demoing the sound, paying a slight premium, maybe even taking the leap to mid-level IEMs for more consistent performance.
I'm just saying, KZ exists to make money, you exist to enjoy the sound of their product. If you stop enjoying their product, maybe it's time to stop purchasing?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back