Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 15, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #32,372 of 63,917
Thanks for the suggestion but they are as big as the ZS5 so I can't pick them :frowning2:
Here a photo! The ZSR has a really long nozzle.

2.jpg

May 15, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #32,373 of 63,917
Your point is well taken with the FR graph but I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that it's possible that KZ silently modified the 30095 and used it in the ZSR.

This modification may be the very reason that the ZSR, though it uses the 30095 BA, does not share the treble found in models like the ZS6 and the ZST. The ZSR has a 30095 BA. If the ZSR's 30095 has been modified (unannounced) to slightly reduce treble extension and slightly increase high-midrange extension then this explains why the ZSR has a rich midrange and a treble presentation that diminishes fatigue.

Doesn't mean I'm right, it just makes sense to me. The only way to know for sure is to do testing once the newer models start showing up.

Rub....rub.....rub....

Hakuzen we'd like to make a wish!
It's all just speculation here but I'd sooner believe that the ZSR frequency response looks the way it does because they either implemented some kind of notch filter at 4-6 kHz or they just put a staggered crossover with a high-pass filter on the 30095 somewhere around that frequency. On the ZS10 it looks like they may have used a low-pass filter somewhere in the treble range. I honestly have no idea how realistic it is for them to have a modified 30095. However, if they do I would have expected a much smoother response from the ZS10 than what we got, especially after the ZSR.

Referring back to the ZSA picture, that frequency response looks like it has the peaks of the stock 30095. If they modified it, I would think the first thing we'd see is those peaks getting smoothed out. Therefore either the frequency response pictured is a lot less smooth than what we'll see in the final product or, more likely, all this "upgrade" language is just misleading marketing. After all, "New Upgrade Balanced Armature Unit" is not proper English and potentially in Chinglish it can mean a number of different things.

Last edited:
May 15, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #32,374 of 63,917
Does it have the nozzle tip to hold the tips in place?

Mine does not.

tzBp1MK.jpg

But I want to say someone else mentioned in the thread they got a green KZ recently and it had the lip on the nozzle.

May 16, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #32,382 of 63,917
ZSA are now available at aliexpress... does anybody knows the difference between KZ official Store and KZ Global store on aliexpress? The price is slightly different and the offer in both stores include the silver cable for limited time.

I ordered it from Official store and they shipped out the next day. now like a 20 day wait. didn't even notice it comes with the silver cable. sweet

May 16, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #32,384 of 63,917
Should I get the ES4 or ZSA? I'm using the ZS5 v1 right now and I like it. Is either of these an upgrade to the v1?

P.S: Can't get both

I follow this, i'm interestes.

May 16, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #32,385 of 63,917
Should I get the ES4 or ZSA? I'm using the ZS5 v1 right now and I like it. Is either of these an upgrade to the v1?

P.S: Can't get both

Very too much early to say anything about those. I decided to wait for few first impressions from users here before I pull trigger @ ZSA.
I ditched plans to get ZSR as gift for my wife due to too large shell (though I really really like red & white ZSR looks).

Though, there are still 2x ZS3 shells waiting for nozzle replacement and driver change (ATE drivers)... ZS3 fits and isolates great, is relatively small and very ergonomic.
If ZSA proves to be another minor "upgrade", I`ll just gift modded ZS3/ATE instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back