Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 1, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #31,741 of 63,929
Now, repeating what was said before, who wants to be the guinea pig who buys both and breaks them down to compare their innards? For the greater good, of course :pray: :wink:.

Since they are crystal clear, it should be easy just to view them non-destructively and make comparisons.

The biggest feature difference is the BA drivers - V10 has 2, VK1 has none.

May 1, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #31,742 of 63,929
Due to multiple episodes of driver flex with my first set of HDS3's one of the dynamic drivers failed to deliver any output. What worked for me was letting them sit for a few days and the diaphragm reset to its natural state. It was my first set of HDS3's. I ordered two more pair and the seller sent me a replacement pair but after approximately 24-48 hours the diaphragm returned to its natural state and my HDS3 was good as new. I have multiple sets of the HDS3 now but my first set are still going strong and they probably have about 300+ hours on them.

I had the same problem with my second ED3 "Perfection" and I used the same remedy. I tried to readjust the diaphragm manually on my first ED3 "Perfection" but I just ruined them. I'm still a bit sad about ruining a good set of IEMs, regardless of price.....so, best to let your ZS10 sit and see if the diaphragm resets itself.

Thanks for the advice, fingers crossed they start working again as I'm not going through the hassle of posting it to China.

May 1, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #31,743 of 63,929
that sounds like a load of placebo, cables DO NOT change sound characteristics, they offer an increase in build quality and a very minor change to resistance.
Actually cables can change the noise floor by different impedance properties of wires therefore giving a perceived clearer sound stage and sometimes known to clear up muffling of sound..

May 1, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #31,746 of 63,929
Those VJJB's are awesome imho. Huge sound.

They seem to love this amp and for less than $5 they are friggin amazing or might we say VJJ = (Da) Bomb:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Dang Moto, that case dwarfs your N3!!! @mbwilson111 I got the miss matched blue silicone case with my N3 but it was the leather case that really gives it some class:beerchug:

M1221N3.JPG

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #31,747 of 63,929
They come with a red case just like that one. Maybe a bit smaller.

My red KZ ZS10 is here and burning in. No case. We have never had any KZ come with a case and my husband has hundreds of them.... well, maybe not hundreds....

You got one with a case? From where? Was it a gift from the seller?

May 1, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #31,748 of 63,929
My red KZ ZS10 is here and burning in. No case. We have never had any KZ come with a case and my husband has hundreds of them.... well, maybe not hundreds....

Mine came with a red case, Bluetooth adapter, and upgraded cables. I purchased on Amazon Pr-Order from Sky Sound. The only issue I ordered Blue and received Red.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BQ2CL5W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

May 1, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #31,749 of 63,929

Awaiting your personal impressions regarding the sound output from a musical perspective.

May 1, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #31,751 of 63,929

635132050628786679.jpg

May 1, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #31,752 of 63,929
The Plextone X41M are no bass canons but the Plextone X36M are...the rest is identical between them.
https://goo.gl/VEwPNC

The Plextone X41M are rather natural sounding but lack a bit of a punch.

My KZ ES3 are pretty bassy and even more so are the KZ ED15. The latter have a strong and firm bass, the former have a muddy bass.

The Boarseman KR49 also have a rather strong bass.

I'm gonna get the X36M Plextones then. Thanks, I've been looking forward to getting some serious bass cannons to listen to electronic music.

May 1, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #31,753 of 63,929
Yeah burning in my ZS10's as well. I have to remember to reserve judgement until they settle in. I remember the ZS6's were terrrrrrible when I first got them. I even immediately modded them with the micropore tape over the BA drivers. After awhile, they mellowed out to a better sound.

The ZS10's don't have the immediate wow factor as others have mentioned and the short nozzle does make it slightly difficult to get a good seal. I'm still trying to put my thoughts together on the ZS10

May 1, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #31,754 of 63,929
May 1, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #31,755 of 63,929
Mine came with a red case, Bluetooth adapter, and upgraded cables. I purchased on Amazon Pr-Order from Sky Sound. The only issue I ordered Blue and received Red.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BQ2CL5W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like the red. My KZ Z10 was ordered from NiceHCK last week for £25 which is $35. No extras but it came with the newer brownish braided cable. The case was a couple of dollars from Amazon but shipped from China. I think it took longer to arrive than the KZs. I don't know how the KZs got here so quickly!

Getting a good fit and seal with the medium Starlines that were on it. No time to really listen yet. Taking advantage of a sunny day here to finish getting the garden planted,.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back