Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 25, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #31,441 of 63,916
Just got my ZS10 yesterday and spent some time comparing with the ZSR, which has been my primary IEM for a while. For my large ears, both feel comfortable but I think it's easier to find suitable tips for a good seal with the the ZSR. I ended up settling on the same JVC Spiral Dots (L) that I use with the ZSR. This is probably the first time where my beloved KZ starline tips were a poor fit with the size L because they were too long and put the ZS10 enclosure too far out of my ear. I tried the M just in case but those fell in, the same way any other non-L-size tip would.

The first thing I noticed was that the ZS10 has less mid-bass emphasis than the ZSR, with possibly slightly better extension and generally tighter low-end. This allowed the mids to open up more on the ZS10. Vocals sounded more natural with better separation; solo violins and guitars more easily cut through their accompaniment. Treble is good but haven't had much time to compare for now. The ZS10 is a bit brighter but not overly so.

Overall, my impression has been positive and I'm enjoying the ZS10 a lot. However, the ZSR may be more fun on certain styles where a strong, thumping bass is desirable.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #31,443 of 63,916
Picked up the TRN BT3 bluetooth adapter for my ZS6 from Amazon (out of stock for the Prime version now).

Despite the item page, it does support aptX which is nice.

Initial (30 second) impressions are that the treble is much more pronounced with the bt adapter than it is corded. Time will tell if that becomes an issue. Overall I believe this will make a welcome addition to my workout gear. Biking or the gym. I will have to see how long the battery lasts. I will take it out for a bike ride later (when the sun isn't up so it's not 100 out) and see how it works out. Seems pretty comfortable, though.

Apr 25, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #31,445 of 63,916
Picked up the TRN BT3 bluetooth adapter for my ZS6 from Amazon (out of stock for the Prime version now).

Despite the item page, it does support aptX which is nice.

Initial (30 second) impressions are that the treble is much more pronounced with the bt adapter than it is corded. Time will tell if that becomes an issue. Overall I believe this will make a welcome addition to my workout gear. Biking or the gym. I will have to see how long the battery lasts. I will take it out for a bike ride later (when the sun isn't up so it's not 100 out) and see how it works out. Seems pretty comfortable, though.

I got one last week. Seems to be lasting all day with streaming videos and audio at work. The sound quality is much better than the previous bluetooth adapters and is on par with the regular corded connector. I've tried two other versions before from KZ but they were terrible. This one is almost as good as my jaybird and is rather comfortable. Very happy!

Apr 25, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #31,447 of 63,916
Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #31,450 of 63,916
This is the link : https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...T0U2A&id=566101607268&ns=1&abbucket=17#detail

i have tested with my phone running android 8.1 and one plus 3T running oreo 8.0 . Both detect APTX-HD

interesting. I'm running android 7.0 on my LG v20 however my TRN bluetooth KZ cable says bluetooth 4.2. What does the icon look like on your phone when it says APT-HD is connected? I just see a bluetooth icon at the top of my phone and a battery meter next to it which shows the battery percentage of my headset. hmmmm

Apr 25, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #31,455 of 63,916
I found the ED15 very tip dependent. I tried 4 different ones and they all made them sound different. I'm happy now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back