Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 28, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #29,627 of 63,899
I have decided to buy my first pair of KZ IEMS (maybe a few)

I wanted to get a pair of ZS5 but I have read that most are now v2 which have issues...
I read somewhere that the ZS6 are similar to the ZS5v1?
Any point in getting ZS6 if the ZS10 is coming out soon?

They have so many releases its hard to keep up and I am getting overwhelmed

Are cheaper ones like the ZST still good options or are they not recommended anymore because of all the new releases?

I was thinking about getting x2 -£10 IEMs (ZST? ATE? ZS3? )
..ZSR??
and 1 or 2 +£20 IEMS (ZS6? ZS10? Tin Audio T2? Tennmak pro?)

EDIT: Now that I think about it, should I post this in the "BEST SUB-100$ Chinese Earphones" thread instead?

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #29,629 of 63,899
I have decided to buy my first pair of KZ IEMS (maybe a few)

I wanted to get a pair of ZS5 but I have read that most are now v2 which have issues...
I read somewhere that the ZS6 are similar to the ZS5v1?
Any point in getting ZS6 if the ZS10 is coming out soon?

They have so many releases its hard to keep up and I am getting overwhelmed

Are cheaper ones like the ZST still good options or are they not recommended anymore because of all the new releases?

I was thinking about getting x2 -£10 IEMs (ZST? ATE? ZS3?)
and 1 or 2 +£20 IEMS (ZS6? ZS10? Tin Audio T2? Tennmak pro?)

I have the ZS3 for a good time now, I recommend them, though they have a tendency to have a bit too much bass even after the filter mod (take out the red filter), nice soundstage and details but they could hide behind the bass.
I am going to order the ZSR which are apparently the best 20ish choice, from what I saw the beat they ZS5 in mids and details.
I just don't know if I get a TRN BT cable with the ZSR as nobody confirmed the SQ is as good as wired

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #29,630 of 63,899
I am going to order the ZSR which are apparently the best 20ish choice, from what I saw the beat they ZS5 in mids and details.
Thanks, I was just looking at these, they look like a good choice....

I do not see many people talking about the ZST anymore, is that because everyone has been-there-done-that?
Or is it because KZ has so many other/better options out now?

Mar 28, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #29,631 of 63,899
Hmm... what should i buy?

Tennmak pro + Piano earpices 20€

Kz zs10 22€

Anyone have any information about Kz zs10? I already have zs5 and a few other kz but not Tennmak.

Tennmak seems way behind the times friend. Other manufacturers are leaving them in the dust. I don’t see them mentioned or recommend very often anymore.

Unless I’m missing something...

Mar 28, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #29,633 of 63,899
Tennmak seems way behind the times friend. Other manufacturers are leaving them in the dust. I don’t see them mentioned or recommend very often anymore.

Unless I’m missing something...
Tennmak Pro dual-dynamic still stands good and has been produced quite a long time by now. They should be similar to ATE signature.

Mar 28, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #29,634 of 63,899
I just don't know if I get a TRN BT cable with the ZSR as nobody confirmed the SQ is as good as wired
Wireless, even the best, most expensive, is never as good as wired. Someday, maybe, but not today.
Choose wireless for convenience, wired for the best SQ. After having said all that, Bluetooth can sound very good, just not as good...

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #29,635 of 63,899
Wireless, even the best, most expensive, is never as good as wired. Someday, maybe, but not today.
Choose wireless for convenience, wired for the best SQ. After having said all that, Bluetooth can sound very good, just not as good...

Thanks!
Yep aptx HD is very promising but it's very hard to find a device that has it, perhaps in the future like you said.
I guess I am gonna just buy the ZSR

Mar 28, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #29,637 of 63,899
I have exactly both, the thing is, i can't really organize them inside the case, and i end up with the same result as putting them on my pocket or something.
ZST is very easy to roll, cause there is no "memory wire" on the stock cable.
You begin to roll the cable starting with the plug side, around 4 fingers, then use a "velcro" tape as the "3M universal klettbinder 12mm".
With ZS6 & ZSR you need a longer box, ZS6 is the most difficult cause they must not touch each other in the box if you want keep them as new...

ZST_pack.JPG

ZST_pack_b.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #29,638 of 63,899
Mar 28, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #29,639 of 63,899
ZST is very easy to roll, cause there is no "memory wire" on the stock cable.
You begin to roll the cable starting with the plug side, around 4 fingers, then use a "velcro" tape as the "3M universal klettbinder 12mm".
With ZS6 & ZSR you need a longer box, ZS6 is the most difficult cause they must not touch each other in the box if you want keep them as new...

Thanks, believe it or not, my ZST's have memory wire, with stock cable. I was actually thining of doing that but putting the wire inside that pocket, but your solution might be better as the wire ends up protecting the iem's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back