Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 25, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #27,347 of 64,160
Just silicone on mine, tried different types and settled on these
zsr.jpg

Jan 25, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #27,348 of 64,160
Anyone know where i can order the now discontinued green ZS6?
What's so attractive about those? Are they any better than that of other colors? Or is it just the color preference?

Jan 25, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #27,350 of 64,160
Much appreciated, Neon. It's turned out to be a decent catalogue for early KZ's, though B9's "Contraptionist" is the more complete resource.
Yeah I've been checking out his new blog recently, particularly his reviews on the TFZ brand.

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #27,351 of 64,160
What's so attractive about those? Are they any better than that of other colors? Or is it just the color preference?

The photo doesn't do them justice . Emerald Green in the satin finish is hot buttered popcorn all day and all night. Here's another photo that shows the satin sheen.

20171129_130537.jpg
20171129_131230.jpg

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #27,352 of 64,160
Soo addressing my last post here, i got my zs3 and es3, time to say something about them, its not a review cuz i don't do those. Right from the start i guess i cant manage to sit my zs3 properly in my ear therefore es3 is more comfortable, es3 has more treble than zs3, zs3 has more punchy bass and is generally more fitted to what i like, but i also like high tones in es3. Im waiting now for special edition on ZST Dream and i will try to get it as they seem simmilar to es3 if it comes to shape etc. Soo they might fit my ears more, also i like the cable on zs3 more than es3.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #27,355 of 64,160

T400 from QKZ (easy to find on Ali) is very good for me. Low price/nice quality. Recommend. And (important thing) they do not stay in my ears! :)

I can attest to these foamies. Got them during 11.11, they tamed the ZS6 highs and stay fixed to the iem nozzles, plus they look nice..:)

Downsides.. gets a bit smeared as you continue using them, no inbuilt wax guard like you see with complys and some Chinese foam tips which also help with hot treble.

Jan 26, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #27,357 of 64,160
Got my ZSR yesterday and all my excitement turned into disappointment after listening to them. OOTB, it sounds very bright and piercing to my ears. Initially thought that the ZST is a lot better because the highs are just right and not overly-presented. I'm happy with the bass though since it has the ZS3's bass quantity, IMO.

Then, I decided to do some mod by cutting 4 tiny pieces of earbud foam (1mm by 1mm size) and stuffed them on all the BA's nozzle. Bigger than 1mm sounds muffled/veiled to me. Left the ZSR playing the pink noise the whole night and Voila, I must say the mod made a huge difference. It tamed the highs, not sibilant anymore and at the same time maintained the sparkle/details at least same as the ZST's or even better I guess.,

After the mod, I can say that I'm completely satisfied on how it sounds. I can hear the combination of ZST's highs and ZS3's bass. Crisp midbass as well. Not as rumbly and deep as my IT01's subbass but just right amount according to my taste. I'm still new to this hobby and not too technical to make a detailed comparison but listening to ZSR(after the mod) side by side against the ZST and ZS3 using LG v20, Aune M1s and Zishan Z1, I felt that it's an upgrade to me. Thanks to the community for sharing all the information and your modding experiences.

Update: I know it's a bit late but I just have to give credit to @Slater for his zst mod that served as a guide to this zsr nozzle mod.. I stumble upon his zst mod long time ago when I was still new to the community and somehow forgotten that he is the one who started these great idea. Once again thanks bro..Cheers.. :wink:

Question for you:
Did the ZSR scale well with your Aune DAP? Was the presentation slightly warmer (attenuating some of the highs)?

Attachments

• 20180112_132114.jpg
    20180112_132114.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 26, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #27,358 of 64,160
I can attest to these foamies. Got them during 11.11, they tamed the ZS6 highs and stay fixed to the iem nozzles, plus they look nice..:)

Downsides.. gets a bit smeared as you continue using them, no inbuilt wax guard like you see with complys and some Chinese foam tips which also help with hot treble.
Yep, agree :)

Jan 26, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #27,359 of 64,160
Questions for you:
Did the ZSR scale well with your Aune DAP? Was the presentation slightly warmer (attenuating some of the highs)?

Aune dap is leaning towards from neutral to bright sound signature. So the zsr still sounds brighter. However, in my zishan z1 dap with muses02 opamp, it sounds warmer. I guess the zsr will sound great with warmer sounding DAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 26, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #27,360 of 64,160
Curious to hear your thoughts on balanced vs SE..

...and are those the Sendiy's that clearhead recommended last year?

This takes me back to the exchange between Sheriff Bart and the Waco kid when they both answer "I must; I must":rolling_eyes: So outside of the obvious know fact that Balanced has a better energy flow my feeble mind is convinced (seems it's not hard to do) that with the balanced I get a better cohesiveness across the ranges and that I hear (like the imaginary trumpets) full extension and closer to the edges of each start and cutoff. Once again this is just my opinion and I could very well be as full of you know what as a Christmas Turkey:open_mouth: I also run balanced on all my home gears where balanced connectivity is allowed:wink:

Indeed those are Clear's prized Sendiy M1221's and at first I was not blown away even getting mine for $99 but with a bunch of tip rolling I stumble onto a pair (not even sure what kind I have on them or from wince they came) but now I'm getting a great fit and seal therefore a great payoff, they give my P1/PX's a real run for the money and actually have just a little better treble/Mid presence.

Running TMC balanced between my pre's and power:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Picture 016.jpg

Dag Nabbit, forgot where I was again speaking of the lovely Tri-Braid (Which works well Aesthetically with all four colors):grinning:

Red Headed Friend.JPG

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back