Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 25, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #27,331 of 64,378
I'm actually partial to the cable on the red pair @Lord Rexter , can you post that link or is also from he who shall not be named? THX

@DocHoliday The SE215 for me is a very clean and smooth sounding iem and a gem for the price if you like a flatter sounding iem. I really like them if I'm listening to music with horns especially for any extended time, I actually put them on the same lines with my Mee P1/PX's. You have used a lot of terms warm, flat, slightly veiled but the term I'd use is smooth sounding (and in all actuality that means to my feeble mind lacking in detail/brightness), why I mentioned I don't really do reviews because I have like a total new base on terminology! People especially newbies get confused enough around here so I tend to not want to addd to that for anyone:wink: I've caught a few of your Amazon reviews and I could never explain what I hear as well as you so I just put my $0.02 in around here now and then and hope I'm close to what some others hear. My true signature is a brighter more detailed signature generally at lower volumes than most I believe:thumbsup: Oh yeah, that is a great John Williams piece, my late little brother was a major Williams fan, he was really into the Jurassic Park stuff before he passed and I pretty much put the theme song on every card I own because it reminds me so much of him:beerchug:

Sorry about your brother, Podster. Memory keeps part of him with you.

I only learned how to describe things because my collection kept growing and eventually I could pick out the slight nuances. Like most people, I'm a bit of a sponge when it comes to learning about something that holds my interest. I started out enjoying a warm and full-bodied sound. Now I seek out micro-detail and vivid vocals/midrange with that full-bodied bass. It's no wonder that the ZS6 is the perfect fit because it nails said sound signature.

Jan 25, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #27,332 of 64,378
I have the UiiSii CM5 and believe it meets the criteria you are looking for. Gearbest has them for $26.65 Canadian .
These looked interesting so I did a bit of research and ordered some from Amazon.UK for £14 with delivery next week.

Jan 25, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #27,335 of 64,378
Hi, I wish to buy some foam tips for an incoming KZ ZS6,
is the inner size of the tips 4,9 - 5mm ?
I use the 4.9 to 5 foam tips on my ZS6 with no problem, but some people have reported that the tips will remain in their ears when removing the IEM.
The reason I have no problem could be that even the large foam tips turned backwards I only get an adequate seal, so my ears don't "grip" the tip as well as other people's...

Jan 25, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #27,336 of 64,378
Anyone know where i can order the now discontinued green ZS6?

Almost impossible to find now, but I bet some seller has a box or two tucked behind newer stock. You might check by contacting sellers with lower sales volumes. Maybe you'll get lucky.
20171129_130628.jpg

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #27,338 of 64,378
Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #27,339 of 64,378
Appreciate the kind words Doc, love those beautiful Andr..................................err ZS6's:grinning: KZ should be forced to write Blatant 10,000 times on the blackboard:open_mouth: LOL

Going to order the Pewter's and that sweet Blk & Wht silver cable for them to add to my balanced collection, looking forward to hearing the ZS6 in balanced:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Doing a little single ended at the moment though:wink:

IMG_0306.JPG

Car-Rap, keep forgetting I'm in the KZ thread!! Here you go:scream:

Less Than Fitty.JPG

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #27,340 of 64,378
These looked interesting so I did a bit of research and ordered some from Amazon.UK for £14 with delivery next week.

Good choice - great IEM! I doubt you'll be dissapointed :)

Jan 25, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #27,341 of 64,378
Hi, I wish to buy some foam tips for an incoming KZ ZS6,
is the inner size of the tips 4,9 - 5mm ?
If you go back to posts I've made concerning tips you'd see I complained that the standard T500 4.9mm tips stayed behind in my ears all the time, both sides, and even with the ZS5 I'd leave a tip behind occasionally. So I got T300 and T200 sizes (4mm and 4.5mm). Links in my posting and in Slater's posts about tips. Excellent seller who will even give you a mixture of say just M and L instead of the standard S, M and L if you just ask. Or color choices, again just ask. The seller also offers the other sizes in case you want foamies for other (like 3mm) IEMs.

Jan 25, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #27,343 of 64,378
IMG_20180126_012746_497.jpg
If you go back to posts I've made concerning tips you'd see I complained that the standard T500 4.9mm tips stayed behind in my ears all the time, both sides, and even with the ZS5 I'd leave a tip behind occasionally. So I got T300 and T200 sizes (4mm and 4.5mm). Links in my posting and in Slater's posts about tips. Excellent seller who will even give you a mixture of say just M and L instead of the standard S, M and L if you just ask. Or color choices, again just ask. The seller also offers the other sizes in case you want foamies for other (like 3mm) IEMs.
T400 from QKZ (easy to find on Ali) is very good for me. Low price/nice quality. Recommend. And (important thing) they do not stay in my ears! :)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #27,344 of 64,378
Appreciate the kind words Doc, love those beautiful Andr..................................err ZS6's:grinning: KZ should be forced to write Blatant 10,000 times on the blackboard:open_mouth: LOL

Going to order the Pewter's and that sweet Blk & Wht silver cable for them to add to my balanced collection, looking forward to hearing the ZS6 in balanced:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Doing a little single ended at the moment though:wink:

Car-Rap, keep forgetting I'm in the KZ thread!! Here you go:scream:

Curious to hear your thoughts on balanced vs SE..

...and are those the Sendiy's that clearhead recommended last year?

Jan 25, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #27,345 of 64,378
Huh T500 ali foamies stay on my zs5 and zst just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back