Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 29, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #25,786 of 63,891
I have mismatched ear openings as well. Makes it kind of hard to settle on just one size/brand of tips for both, eh?
Edit: On the bright side, you'll get more use out of the New Bee S/M/L pack than the average guy...
You're right about that...I was having a heck of a time trying to get something that felt right ...it was a small epiphany realizing I have to treat them differently. And, yeah, I have the New Bee smalls on my work IEMs, and then the M/L - left/ right thing going on for my ZS5 and ZS3 so all the parts of the buffalo are being used.
but
it does not look cool : IMG_20171129_163816_886.jpg

Nov 29, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #25,788 of 63,891
If it sounds good it doesn't matter how it looks
sounding good is primary....looking cool isn't even secondary or tertiary...but I like when things look cool.

Nov 29, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #25,789 of 63,891
but I like when things look cool

There has been a lot of talk in here about the looks and colors of various iems...and,in other threads about buds and headphones. For me it is part of it. I always look in the mirror when I get a new thing. LOL.

I bet I am not the only one:)

...listening to Radiohead right now...

Nov 29, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #25,790 of 63,891
Hello, so I'm looking for iems and I've settled on getting the KZ zs6. I'm looking for details, imaging and clarity, it seems to match with these points. At first I intended to get the hf5 from etymotic but they are too expensive. The KZ actually look better to me, and everything else interests me.

I'm thinking of getting the upgraded silver cable as well as the OSTRY OS100~300 tips to tame the treble. I'll be using the iems with a portable dac and amp ( nothing fancy but should perfom decently )

Could someone help me with that choice, right tips? right iem choice? Thanks in advance.

Nov 29, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #25,791 of 63,891
There has been a lot of talk in here about the looks and colors of various iems...and,in other threads about buds and headphones. For me it is part of it. I always look in the mirror when I get a new thing. LOL.

I bet I am not the only one:)

...listening to Radiohead right now...
of course you're not the only...I'm a beard-faced tile setter and I still checked so see how cool I looked in my ZS3s.
I have some vintage Pioneer SE305 that I love but I don't wear them out of the house because I look like I am in Katamari Damacy with them on.

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #25,792 of 63,891
Hello, so I'm looking for iems and I've settled on getting the KZ zs6. I'm looking for details, imaging and clarity, it seems to match with these points. At first I intended to get the hf5 from etymotic but they are too expensive. The KZ actually look better to me, and everything else interests me.

I'm thinking of getting the upgraded silver cable as well as the OSTRY OS100~300 tips to tame the treble. I'll be using the iems with a portable dac and amp ( nothing fancy but should perfom decently )

Could someone help me with that choice, right tips? right iem choice? Thanks in advance.
It is hard to tell someone else what would work best for them, but the items you listed sound like a great package to me.

Downside: if you have smaller ears, the ZS6 might be uncomfortable. The exaggerated highs take a little time to get used to, although the foam tips you listed go a long way towards taming the treble cannon effect.

These are pretty amazing earphones for the price. I think you'll be happy with them.

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #25,794 of 63,891
Who knows. They are so much better without the foam. Why they would intentionally ADD veil and bloat and REMOVE clarity and better mids is beyond me.
Pretty cool that they are updated with the white box. Probably in preparation for the upcoming ZS4.
I wonder if they tweaked the ZS3 (in the white box) any? KZ loves quietly doing revisions without telling anyone...

Took out foams and meshes.... unfortunately, I can`t agree with ZS3 getting so much better . It is still V-shaped, warmish/soft and little muddy bass, boosted highs, littlebit recessed mids compared to highs&lows. They are not bad sounding though, but still pretty mediocre.
The stock driver is 8mm (the "red" one ie I think the same red one used in the ATE). There's a driver "frame" that will perfectly fit up to a 9mm driver. If you grind out the driver "frame", there's room for a 10mm driver. That opens up a lot of possibilities...
By the sound and looks - no, I don`t think they are same drivers at all.

Nov 30, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #25,795 of 63,891
Took out foams and meshes.... unfortunately, I can`t agree with ZS3 getting so much better . It is still V-shaped, warmish/soft and little muddy bass, boosted highs, littlebit recessed mids compared to highs&lows. They are not bad sounding though, but still pretty mediocre.

By the sound and looks - no, I don`t think they are same drivers at all.

So what's your plan with them?

Nov 30, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #25,796 of 63,891
Does anybody has made a sound comparison of ZS5v1, ZS5v2 vs ZS6?

Frequency response graphs on www.thephonograph.net shows that ZS6 has a very similar profile to ZST. What does it means? Is it more V-shaped?

Does ZS5v2 still has the biggest soundstage, are bit cold or it is more similar to ZST too (like ZS6)?

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #25,797 of 63,891
Does anybody has made a sound comparison of ZS5v1, ZS5v2 vs ZS6?

Frequency response graphs on www.thephonograph.net shows that ZS6 has a very similar profile to ZST. What does it means? Is it more V-shaped?

Does ZS5v2 still has the biggest soundstage, are bit cold or it is more similar to ZST too (like ZS6)?

Interested in that question, i have curiosity in hear people compare Zs5, zs6 to Zst. Bacause at First time i skeeped Zs5, cause someone told me that he preferred Zst over Zs5, and in that thread, i almost see no one comparing them. So i have no Idea on the comparision between them. People Keep saying on the soundstage and imaging from Zs5, 6. Is It real different then Zst ?

Nov 30, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #25,798 of 63,891
Nov 30, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #25,799 of 63,891
I am rocking the KZ Ate and i loved the stock tips that came on with them and provided me insane bass & sub bass (the silicone tips).
Problem is they fell off and i don't know where they are. So i got on Ali foam tips by KZ and they are giving nice sound sig but bass isn't going low enough as with the stock tips.

Where can i get these? i'm talking about the largest silicone tips size. (If anyone has to send me i'm willing to pay).

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #25,800 of 63,891

Users who are viewing this thread

Back