Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 24, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #25,471 of 63,915
Nov 24, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #25,472 of 63,915
The wait is worth it. The only thing wrong with the ZS3s is that I have the ZS5 sitting there on my desk and they do everything the ZS3s do, but better and MORE....don't get me wrong, I love the ZS3, they are really comfortable, look cool, they sound good and they were only $8.00!
oh, and they didn't last a whole day without me modding them...I did that Slater mod where you stab it a bunch with a sewing needle until some foam pops out, seemed to brighten things up a little, so that was good
Thanks, I came to this thread a bit after that. Googled ES3 Slater mod and got right to the correct place.
I'll give this a try after a good burn in period. I bought one because, well it was 8 bucks and supposedly has superior isolation. The looks certainly don't hurt either...
If I can get them sounding decent, I intend to use them as stage monitors. The ZS6 has great sound quality, but the isolation is a little too little to defend myself against loud drummers and guitar amps. It also leaks sound enough to let the click track we play to in one band be heard by the audience in the front rows.

Nov 24, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #25,474 of 63,915
Lazuli and Alcest
Alcest has one song I really like to use one of my many sound test songs. Don`t remember song name atm.

Nov 24, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #25,475 of 63,915
Why is AE free shipping so much better than Gearbest free shipping? Got 3 out of my 4 AE 11.11 orders, and my 08.11 Gearbest order is still not showing up :/

Alcest has one song I really like to use one of my many sound test songs. Don`t remember song name atm.
Autre Temps?

Nov 24, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #25,476 of 63,915
Can someone (who owns kz zs3) help me with my problem?
It really hurts my ears but that's not the worst of the problems.
The real problem is that the right in ead perfectly fits while the left one doesn't, creating me a VACUUM feeling that ruins my sounds, moreover when i turn my head.
I can't really find a good position for the left in ear while i can push and move freely the right one without problems.
Can someone tell me how to calm the ear hurting from them and to find my comfortable position? Maybe you tried some solutions that worked.

Nov 24, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #25,478 of 63,915
A question to who has both SHP9500(s) and ZS5v2 or ZS6.

SHP9500 defines my treble limit. How is the treble of ZS5v2 or ZS6 compared to shp9500?

If the treble on the SHP 9500 is an 8, then the treble on the ZS5 V2 is a 15. Yeah, the treble on the ZS5 V2 is STOOPID!

I too have the SHP 9500. I don't mind it too much. But I haven't used them as much since I got my KEF M100.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #25,479 of 63,915
The real problem is that the right in ead perfectly fits while the left one doesn't, creating me a VACUUM feeling that ruins my sounds, moreover when i turn my head.
I can't really find a good position for the left in ear while i can push and move freely the right one without problems.
Can someone tell me how to calm the ear hurting from them and to find my comfortable position? Maybe you tried some solutions that worked.

I had the same problem and what I found worked for me was to place a spacer on before the tip. This makes the tip sit out a little more and I was able to use a size smaller ear tip. I use small washers I purchased at a hardware store but you can make your own spacers by cutting a thin slice off a tip that you won't be using. I have added some pictures. You can see in the last picture the earphone on the left has a spacer and the one on the right doesn't. Hope this works for you.

20171124_074945.jpg 20171124_075044.jpg 20171124_075244.jpg

Nov 24, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #25,481 of 63,915
Try different sizes and different tips I was having the same problem I had to set the ZS3 just right or it would just sound wrong.

Nov 24, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #25,483 of 63,915
I had the same problem and what I found worked for me was to place a spacer on before the tip. This makes the tip sit out a little more and I was able to use a size smaller ear tip. I use small washers I purchased at a hardware store but you can make your own spacers by cutting a thin slice off a tip that you won't be using. I have added some pictures. You can see in the last picture the earphone on the left has a spacer and the one on the right doesn't. Hope this works for you.

Could you please tell me the name of those washers or how to find em?
The zs3 are really hurting my ears atm.. i can't enjoy listening for the moment

Nov 24, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #25,485 of 63,915

One word.... foam.
Same or better isolation, more comfort, less sweat, and when you remove the earpiece it doesn't feel like removing your brain with a toilet plunger through your ear (that was so perfectly mentioned earlier in this thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back