Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 22, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #25,397 of 63,915
Can you guys recomend the best kz product for movie watching on mobile phone or tablets.. for daily comute...thanks!

That would be the ZS3. It has the best isolation so you'll have your privacy even in quiet scenes. Imaging is good and soundstage is decent on that set.

ATR has superior imaging and more universal fit, but a bit inferior bass,loudness and isolation.

Nov 22, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #25,398 of 63,915
Konzentrationslager . It is used for concentration camp I assume.

These newcome liberal Germans really make me cringe.

I always prefer a liberal to a apologist

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #25,400 of 63,915
Off-topic alert:

These newcome liberal Germans really make me cringe.

Keep in mind that Germany also have some pretty specific laws in place to prohibit the use of symbols (or propaganda) of unconstitutional organizations, I presume as a result of the nazi-era.
I can only assume that any reference to the holocaust probably bear a very special (and sad) meaning in a country historically associated with it and I fail to see whats cringeworthy or new about that.

That kind of sentiment only helps to dehumanize that terrible part of our history.

Nov 22, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #25,401 of 63,915
Thanks! Wonder if You bother to take another measurement of ZS6 after some "burn-in" time to see if there are differences?
I'll do so. The measurements you see on headflux were done pretty much out of the box, less than one hour playtime at least. I guess there won't be any changes at all, but how many hours are the recommended burn-time?

Nov 22, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #25,402 of 63,915
I see.. an unfortunate coincidence.

In deed and IMO the Germans still build some of the finest products in the world, there are a Nation full of pride and I'm sure most would have chosen not to be associated with the few followers of the nut job! Hmm, now what does this remind me of:rolling_eyes:

Well dug in to an old retired box last night and pulled out the tiny HDS1 and I believe it was Slater stating it was a good sleeper and he was correct, not the highest in resolution or bass thump but what does the sleeping mind know anyway:smirk:

Sleepers.JPG

Nov 22, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #25,403 of 63,915
Everyday i come back here antecipating any news or release date of zsr :frowning2:

Nov 22, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #25,404 of 63,915
Everyday i come back here antecipating any news or release date of zsr :frowning2:

Like Paul Masson, KZ will offer no iem before it's time:open_mouth: jkjk:wink:

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #25,406 of 63,915
On a less technical and more relevant note to the question: Personally I could care a lot less about sound stage than vocal clarity for movies and TV - and that's an area where I feel like the ZS5 does... pretty poorly. Despite the utterly expansive soundstage, they're certainly never my choice for movie watching due to the huge 5kHz presence cut that degrades vocal clarity sigificantly for me.
(I would quite literally pick anything else I own over the ZS5v1 for movies and TV).

I agree. Instead of focusing on soundstage, I try to find neutralish or mid centric/mid forward for movies. Deep v shaped are too scooped out in the midrange/vocals, which forces me to turn up the volume so I can hear the low volume/whispering/silent parts. The problem is then during explosions, car crashes, pew pew shooting, or musical scores, the sub-bass practically blows my eardrums out.

The double edged sword of sound stage is that they almost always have poor isolation (generally due to open or semi-open design), which when commuting or in a noisy place is detrimental.

The other thing is for movies I prefer cable down designs, because they are less bulky (easier to pack and carry, generally more comfortable, and if there’s an interruption like the phone, someone speaking to you, etc you can pop them in/out easier/faster.

So if it was me, I would go for something neutral or possibly w shaped. KZ doesn’t offer much by way of that, but something like Bosshifi B3 or Urbanfun HiFi would be my pick.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #25,407 of 63,915
Can you guys recomend the best kz product for movie watching on mobile phone or tablets.. for daily comute...thanks!

Just buy anything really.

Keep in mind that over-ear earphones like the ZS5 are kinda annoying to take on and off. The foam tips make it even worse. The ZS5 is no doubt a good earphone. But the treble is too much. It makes me tired.

Also, I think that the ZSE, ATE and ED9 sound like garbage even if they cost less than $10.

However, the ED7 is quite amazing considering the price of about $7.

Also, I'm wondering about the Xiaomi earphones. But I have no experience with them.

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #25,408 of 63,915
In deed and IMO the Germans still build some of the finest products in the world, there are a Nation full of pride and I'm sure most would have chosen not to be associated with the few followers of the nut job! Hmm, now what does this remind me of:rolling_eyes:

Well dug in to an old retired box last night and pulled out the tiny HDS1 and I believe it was Slater stating it was a good sleeper and he was correct, not the highest in resolution or bass thump but what does the sleeping mind know anyway:smirk:

The mod I recently did was the HDS2, but I also tried the HDS3 and found it suitable for (most) sleepers as well (depending on ear size).

Unfortunately, my HDS1 are long gone, and I never used them for sleep.

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #25,409 of 63,915
Like Paul Masson, KZ will offer no iem before it's time:open_mouth: jkjk:wink:
holy smokes you gotta be old to make that reference. ( I'M not old, I get it because I'm an Orson Welles fan. :wink: )

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #25,410 of 63,915
holy smokes you gotta be old to make that reference. ( I'M not old, I get it because I'm an Orson Welles fan. :wink: )

As evidenced in @Slater 's reply above:rolling_eyes: I knew it was an HDS model but since I have the 1 I was thinking 1 and lack of total recall missed the HDS2 (Slater the HDS2 was the most disappointing KZ for me to date or course we know everyone's mileage is different), thought your shortening mod was neat but I would not have wasted my time on that thing:thinking: @Cruelhand Luke , guess I am old as my oldest son will be 39 in Feb. "Ain't Life Grand" Nice to see a young man appreciating Mr. Wells. One of the most recognizable voices in cinema for me:wink:

@loomisjohnson It is my opinion that KZ's attention to bass period is why they have such a strong following of course price also is in that equation:beerchug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back