Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 1, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #24,497 of 63,914
Well, at least I could enjoy the ZST and ZS5v1 with foam tips...but not the ZS6, even with foam tips. I really was trying very hard to like it but I gave up after modding it with some foam filter stuffed into the foam tips...still no go. I also tried the 75ohms adapter but it sucked the life out of the ZS6...sigh.

I just bought myself different earphones from another brand. I originally caught the KZ flu with the ED7.

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #24,499 of 63,914
Nov 1, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #24,501 of 63,914
Is ZS6 that bad?

No, it's not that bad as many people make it out to be.

It seems to be about half and half - 50% of people like it, and 50% of people don't like it.

The sticking point is the treble (specifically a peak at 10k). They are quite bright (too bright for some people). In either situation, Comply (genuine or generics) foam tips are pretty much a given.

Even if you are in the camp that don't like it, you can easily mod it to your liking in the following different ways:
  1. Folding over a small piece of foam in each nozzle (under the screen but on top of the BA drivers)
  2. Inserting a small piece of foam inside of each ear tip (above the screen)
  3. Doing the Slater foam mod to the BA nozzles
  4. Removing 1 of the BA drivers from the nozzle (done on a ZS5 v2 so far, but no reports yet of it being done on the ZS6 even enough they are very similar IEMs)
  5. Use EQ and cut 10k frequency to your liking (ie 5+dB)
#1 is completely reversible, and is very easy with the only tools needed a safety pin or sewing needle and a pair of tweezers. #1 is a 2/10 on a difficulty scale of 10.
#2 is completely reversible, requires zero tools or opening anything up at al. #2 is a 0/10 on a difficulty scale of 10.
#3 is completely reversible, and is very easy with the only tools needed a safety pin or sewing needle and a pair of tweezers. #3 is a 3/10 on a difficulty scale of 10.
#4 is permanent, and carries the largest risk of screwing something up. #4 is a 7/10 on a difficulty scale of 10.
#5 depends on the ability to adjust EQ with your source, and is a 0/10 on a difficulty scale of 10.

I personally love mine 100% as-is (using foam tips). I agree with HungryPanda - it's easily the best KZ IEM to date, factoring in build quality, sound, driveability, and looks.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #24,507 of 63,914
Nov 1, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #24,508 of 63,914
Well I must be mad as I have the green ZS6 and just had he red delivered. It's all about the look

Swap the backs between the red and green pairs, and you'll have 2 sets of Christmas-themed ZS6!

Nov 1, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #24,510 of 63,914
Well finally put a little more effort into getting tracking info for my ZS6, which made it to the US on the 9th, but details are minimal so couldn't even tell you which states it's been in. I don't know if Gearbest is easy to deal with or not in this respect, but I may be out of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back