Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 8, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #17,071 of 64,386
Seems pretty clear to me.
131da64d-079b-2edd-aaf1-cf393241b36e.jpg

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #17,072 of 64,386
Edit Hahaha SO i switched them and indeed you guys were Right. I can confirm they sound the same inward/outward no difference to my ears. Same beautiful SQ. I feel better NOW. :D

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #17,073 of 64,386
Anyone got any tips for reinforcing the detachable cable connection? ZSTs arrived on Monday, and while I really like their sound, the cable's tendency to disconnect if I so much as breathe heavily is doing my screwing head in. Is the connection faulty or is it really meant to be that weak??

I am 97.6% positive that you have them plugged in backwards.

All of this upwards, downwards, inside, outside talk is confusing.

There's a MUCH easier way to tell which is the correct way to plug the cables in.

If you look REAL close, the plugs are only designed to only go in 1 way due to it having a rounded top and a flat bottom. Also from a side view of the plug, it is longer on the top than the bottom. It IS possible to plug them in the other way around, and when doing so they don't seat in fully and fall out easily.

Here's what the tip of the male cable looks like (front view on left, side view on right):

You simply make the male plug match the direction of the female socket. Like putting a round peg into a round hole.

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #17,074 of 64,386
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've heard a lot about Kz and recently bought the Kz ate-s 5th gen. I've been a long time lurker.

Now since I've received these kz ates I found the earphones balance is a little off. Though the vocals of a person are in the middle I perceive that right earbud is more musical than the left earbud. Now what should I do? Please help!

Now the seller is offering to pay $5 via PayPal for return shipping and asking to ship the earphones back.

I bought the earphones from AliExpress.

Please help.

Apr 9, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #17,075 of 64,386
This is why I like to order from GearBest instead of aliex

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #17,078 of 64,386
guys i have 6$ at my gearbest wallet and im looking for a worth phone.. the best option is kz atr?or there is any else?

That's a really generic question, like "what is the best car or truck"? Best for what? Best for who? Best why?

To prevent having 20 people give you 20 different answers, it would help us to know a little more information. This way, it will be much easier for people to make more accurate recommendations.

• Could you describe in better detail what your preferences are? Do you like lots of bass? Accurate details? Bright treble?
  • What other headphones or in-ears do you own, and do you have any of them that you prefer most?
  • What music genres do you listen to?
  • Are you a basshead?
  • What are you driving them with - a phone? Computer? DAP or DAC?
  • Do you have a headphone amp?
  • Do you have big or small ears?
  • Do you plan on sleeping or laying down with them?
  • Do you like memory wires that go around the back of your ears?
  • Do you need isolation (for at work or commuting on public transportation)?
  • Do you need something to work out or play sports in?
  • Do you require full controls, like volume buttons? Or is a mic with a single button OK? Or would you prefer no mic at all?

Finally, KZs are like $5-$7 on average, so don't be afraid to buy 2 or 3 and figure out which one you like. That way, you're not feeling pressure to make sure you get "the best" one. You can always keep the other pairs at work, as a backup, give to your bae, whatever.

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #17,079 of 64,386
Thiago Melo To start off you can try the KZ ATE or ED3. Then later KZ ZST and KZ ZS3. I have them all and they all have their own Signature sound. Like Slater said let us know the music you listen to to help you more.

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #17,080 of 64,386
  Let me know what you think of them compared to the Piston 3's. I want to upgrade from them too. 
smily_headphones1.gif

The ZS3s are a welcome upgrade over my P3s. I listened to it for about an hour a day for the past week. 

The Good

Sound: It has a similar sound signature to the P3 but with stronger bass.In addition the mids sound a bit raised compared to the P3s and the highs have more clarity Which in short was exactly what I was looking for. Sound stage seems better as well.

The shortcomings are Minor

Build: The unboxing and setting up experience was quite poor.Until I listened to them I was in doubt whether I've received genuine ZS3s. Build materials are average but the construction seems good enough.

Sound: Rarely the bass tends to overpower the mids on some pop songs but it's in no way a deal breaker.

Conclusion
In short it's the best $7.99 I've ever spent. Great sound quality for the price.

Apr 10, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #17,081 of 64,386
Quote:actorlife
 Edit Hahaha SO i switched them and indeed you guys were Right. I can confirm they sound the same inward/outward no difference to my ears. Same beautiful SQ. I feel better NOW.

me too i got really confused when i first got it the zs3 and i really dont know which ways to insert the cable but lastly i search on google picture of zs3 and i figure it out  it inserted upside with the simbols left and right .the sound doesnt change they all the same whether you inserted upside or downside .

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #17,082 of 64,386
Well, after a week or so, I finally ordered some earphones that you suggested me guys. I ordered from ebay: KZ: ATR, x2 ZST - 1 for a friend, ED9, x2 ZS3 - 1 for a friend, ED7 and the rock zircons. hope at least 1 of them will sound good :D

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #17,083 of 64,386
are the zst any good? I heard they are not.

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #17,084 of 64,386
are the zst any good? I heard they are not.

Depends on your music taste. No coloring on them you get the real sound and tight good bass. Sure there better expensive ones out there. I would put them up there $100-150 category iems. If you love your bass then consider ZS3.

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #17,085 of 64,386
me too i got really confused when i first got it the zs3 and i really dont know which ways to insert the cable but lastly i search on google picture of zs3 and i figure it out  it inserted upside with the simbols left and right .the sound doesnt change they all the same whether you inserted upside or downside .

It would have been nice KZ would say this. There has been more questions about how these go in than any other. Good thing this thread is here. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back