Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 8, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #17,056 of 64,232
Which kz is best for metal music? I have hybrid gen4(bass is all over) and it is disgusting. I hate it. I want much more clear phones with good slightly bumped bass like dt770.

I am stuck between kz zs3,hybrid gen5 and kz zst. Last time I checked when zst first released and it was terrible. Then they fixed it. I do not know the current.

ATE, HDS1, or HDS3.

ATE really shines with the open grille mod (very simple to do).

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #17,057 of 64,232
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've heard a lot about Kz and recently bought the Kz ate-s 5th gen. I've been a long time lurker.

Now since I've received these kz ates I found the earphones balance is a little off. Though the vocals of a person are in the middle I perceive that right earbud is more musical than the left earbud. Now what should I do? Please help!

Apr 8, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #17,058 of 64,232
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've heard a lot about Kz and recently bought the Kz ate-s 5th gen. I've been a long time lurker.

Now since I've received these kz ates I found the earphones balance is a little off. Though the vocals of a person are in the middle I perceive that right earbud is more musical than the left earbud. Now what should I do? Please help!

Your earbuds are defective. Keep in mind that China earbuds have lower quality control than most other brand name earphones. So yeah, this kind of thing happens. Fortunately, KZs are so cheap that you can just buy another one. The shipping time sucks though.

Apr 8, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #17,059 of 64,232

I had a similar problem with my KZ ZS3. Luckily GearBest shipped me another pair, no questions asked. Still waiting for it to arrive, but their customer service is wonderful.

I also had a KZ ZST in the same order, and while there was no channel imbalance on the ZST, there was a vent on the right earpiece that wasn't pierced all the way through. I had to fix that myself with a needle. So, yes, there are some quality control issues with KZ stuff but a good seller should refund or replace it for you.

Apr 8, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #17,060 of 64,232
  I had a similar problem with my KZ ZS3. Luckily GearBest shipped me another pair, no questions asked. Still waiting for it to arrive, but their customer service is wonderful.

I also had a KZ ZST in the same order, and while there was no channel imbalance on the ZST, there was a vent on the right earpiece that wasn't pierced all the way through. I had to fix that myself with a needle. So, yes, there are some quality control issues with KZ stuff but a good seller should refund or replace it for you.

True that.

Besides channel imbalances, I've had defective BA drivers, clogged ports, clogged grilles, drivers not connected (ie not soldered), flange screens that had fallen down into the housing, and even RUST inside of 1 side of an ATE:

Here's a ZS3 that arrived with a crushed sound tube (not mine, but posted by another member):

It doesn't stop me from buying dozens of KZs though. The defects I've received have been 5% of the totals I own. When I get a dud, I just contact the seller & it gets taken care of. The replacement is always perfect.

SpiderNhan's advice is spot on - as soon as you receive a defective pair, you have to contact the seller ASAP to get it resolved.

Apr 8, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #17,061 of 64,232
The ZS3's crushed sound tube issue was the reason for the ZS3's early recall and delayed shipment. KZ caught that early, thankfully :)

Considering how many of these things they pump out, the number of models, and the cost, in my experience their QC is pretty good. Not great, but acceptable.

What bothers me about KZ are all the unannounced revisions. If they made it clear which revision you're getting it would be awesome.I don't see that happening unless they step up to more expensive, capable earphones. Right now it's probably not worth their time given the prices their earphones sell for.

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #17,062 of 64,232
Anyone got any tips for reinforcing the detachable cable connection? ZSTs arrived on Monday, and while I really like their sound, the cable's tendency to disconnect if I so much as breathe heavily is doing my screwing head in. Is the connection faulty or is it really meant to be that weak??

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #17,063 of 64,232
Anyone got any tips for reinforcing the detachable cable connection? ZSTs arrived on Monday, and while I really like their sound, the cable's tendency to disconnect if I so much as breathe heavily is doing my screwing head in. Is the connection faulty or is it really meant to be that weak??

Sure you got it plugged in all the way? That was the problem for most. It should be a very tight, secure fit. 

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #17,064 of 64,232
Sure you got it plugged in all the way? That was the problem for most. It should be a very tight, secure fit. 

It should be plugged in all the way, as I can feel it click into place when it happens, but I don't know what to do besides that that won't risk breaking them!

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #17,065 of 64,232
The cable for the ZST is pretty damn secure. Push it in all the way so that the cable indent becomes flush with the iem casing.

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #17,066 of 64,232
Edit

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #17,067 of 64,232
Quote:
Carro make sure the Left and Right lettering on the cable is inside not outward then simply click them in. You can look at pics of KZ advertisement/people wearing them on google. LMK

http://m.geekbuying.com/item/KZ-ZST-Pro-Dynamic-HiFi-Bass-Music-Sport-In-Ear-Earphones-Colorful-374168.html

​I think you have it reversed. L and R markings should be facing outward, not inward.

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #17,068 of 64,232

ATE, HDS1, or HDS3.

ATE really shines with the open grille mod (very simple to do).

I need comparison of ZS3 and Hybrid gen4. This will help my choice very much.

I will also look at your models but why did you recommend ate instead of atr? And I am first seeing hds1 and hds3, strange
confused_face(1).gif

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #17,069 of 64,232

​I think you have it reversed. L and R markings should be facing outward, not inward.

I can confirm.  The L/R should face outward.

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #17,070 of 64,232
Edit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back