Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 5, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #15,061 of 64,102
  Listening to the ATR, ATE (2 months), and Tennmak Pro (since christmas), here are my FINAL thoughts. I'm going to refrain from commenting on this thread until a new KZ product comes out, or I get something like the ED9's.

Tennmak Pro is the clear winner between these three, but lets go over the rest.

ATE: Full but what I consider to be a neutral sound, with possibly a little bump at around 5-6k which makes vocals and some guitars pop. Bass extension and high extension are clean and reserved, but still there - the signature is slightly less warm than the Tennmak's, but the high extension is reserved in a great way. Not an ultra wide soundstage like the ZST's, but clarity is definitely there. Sub bass is reserved, but there (ZHU - Money). I like these a lot.

The ATR is very neutral, but it cuts at like 11k and has poor low response. There's nothing fun, nothing exciting, and they lack details. While they do have a soundstage, who cares when the rest of the audio is terrible. It's like listening to compressed AM radio. There is definitely a reason these are $4, and it's because they aren't very good. They aren't ED12 bad, but they're not good. If you need a headphone under $5, it'll work, but for a few $ more you can get the ATE, or ZST.

If you want a better sound than the ATR, find the newest version of the ATE's.

ATR's sit right on the bottom of my list with the ED12's

In Order:
ZST
Tennmak Pro
ATE
ATR
SHE3590
ED12

The ATR's will likely go in the trash unless someone wants me to ship them to them. If you want them, feel free to PM me and I'll toss them in an envelope for free.

There's definitely something up with your ATR. Looking forward to your next update when some new KZs flood the market.

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #15,062 of 64,102

There's definitely something up with your ATR. Looking forward to your next update when some new KZs flood the market.

I don't think so. I have two pairs from different sources and they sound identical.

I have an order placed for the Tennmak piano's, so I'll compare those to the ZST, ATE, and Tennmak Pro's when I receive them.

I STILL do not have my ZST colorful and I'm starting to get upset. I need to see if I can get a refund.

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #15,065 of 64,102
I failed. Ordered a ZST :dizzy_face:

Yeah, most of us did...
(though some of us might have succeeded in buying the ZST
bigsmile_face.gif
)

I thought ATR sounded good from the start, i'm still not sure about the ZST. So we all have different onions opinions that we should be able to discuss in a civil way
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #15,066 of 64,102
Haha, now the waiting game begins. Hope I won't be disappointed. They look sexy too, the colorful that is.

After hearing senzer H1, ATR will be given away.
For the money the ATR is good, they afe quite detailed and give a non-fatiguing sound. But is missing some sparkles in the higher end and dark after all. No way they sound like trash, but no way they sound like $30 IEM either

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #15,067 of 64,102
Wayne..since u already hit the Buybutton once..
Might as well cover all the basses..err bases..
ATR for jus the fone...
AS3 for ipad...
KZT for yr higher level setups..
$30 with some change left over.

Then save some hamburger$$$ for the 5drivermonster to be serv3d..in 2mths??

Being brand new to all things KZ, all of these different models are unknown to me. But I am impressed with the ED9's, so am intrigued. Seeing a lot of "ZST" being thrown around, so took a quick peak here. Huh? $20 for a hybrid BA/DD that looks rather cool to boot? What's going on here??? I think I'll have to do some more reading to find out about the SQ.

Lors, have you heard the ZST's?

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #15,068 of 64,102

Being brand new to all things KZ, all of these different models are unknown to me. But I am impressed with the ED9's, so am intrigued. Seeing a lot of "ZST" being thrown around, so took a quick peak here. Huh? $20 for a hybrid BA/DD that looks rather cool to boot? What's going on here??? I think I'll have to do some more reading to find out about the SQ.

It sounds the part. Well-controlled and nicely extended lows, a spike on the highs makes them very sensitive to bad recordings.
The stars of the show are the soundstage and resolution - definitely not something you'd expect at the price point.
Requires a bit of brain burnin to work it's best.
It's definitely a keeper . . . atleast until we get the 4ba+1dd version.

Also, the $11 version is technically the same, only not quite as pretty.

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #15,069 of 64,102
It sounds the part. Well-controlled and nicely extended lows, a spike on the highs makes them very sensitive to bad recordings.
The stars of the show are the soundstage and resolution - definitely not something you'd expect at the price point.
Requires a bit of brain burnin to work it's best.
It's definitely a keeper . . . atleast until we get the 4ba+1dd version.

Also, the $11 version is technically the same, only not quite as pretty.

Thanks for the info! I'm sensitive to treble spikes, so I'll look into that a bit more.

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #15,070 of 64,102
Check out the prices from gearbest too.
If u hv a "good" dap...the zst shld be fine. Zst aint good off my fone...abit tin-ny..spikey. Great on my x10 NEW dap..the separation..clarity..love it for classicals.:heart_eyes:

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #15,071 of 64,102

Tbh, I would NOT recommend ZST to any extravagant bass-head or anyone who is sensitive to high (treble) spikes. 

To get a better bass sound, make sure they fit in your ears perfectly, good tips will definitely pay off (try different provided tips or buy foam tips from a 3rd-party company) - I've already ordered a couple of Comply T400 foam tips and still waiting, btw.

It (their highs) was annoying at first, but then I realize the source of your music is somewhat important too, so make sure you have a good quality music in the first place.

Even though I am (sort of) a bass-head, I wound say that a ZST purchase is a no-brainer and I have no regret, especially in this range of $$ ! 
gs1000.gif

Cheers!

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #15,072 of 64,102
  Listening to the ATR, ATE (2 months), and Tennmak Pro (since christmas), here are my FINAL thoughts. I'm going to refrain from commenting on this thread until a new KZ product comes out, or I get something like the ED9's.

Tennmak Pro is the clear winner between these three, but lets go over the rest.

ATE: Full but what I consider to be a neutral sound, with possibly a little bump at around 5-6k which makes vocals and some guitars pop. Bass extension and high extension are clean and reserved, but still there - the signature is slightly less warm than the Tennmak's, but the high extension is reserved in a great way. Not an ultra wide soundstage like the ZST's, but clarity is definitely there. Sub bass is reserved, but there (ZHU - Money). I like these a lot.

The ATR is very neutral, but it cuts at like 11k and has poor low response. There's nothing fun, nothing exciting, and they lack details. While they do have a soundstage, who cares when the rest of the audio is terrible. It's like listening to compressed AM radio. There is definitely a reason these are $4, and it's because they aren't very good. They aren't ED12 bad, but they're not good. If you need a headphone under $5, it'll work, but for a few $ more you can get the ATE, or ZST. My conclusion here is to not trust coil's ear, as his post count clearly influences others into getting some terrible chinese IEM's.

If you want a better sound than the ATR, find the newest version of the ATE's.

ATR's sit right on the bottom of my list with the ED12's

In Order:
ZST
Tennmak Pro
ATE
ATR
SHE3590
ED12

The ATR's will likely go in the trash unless someone wants me to ship them to them. If you want them, feel free to PM me and I'll toss them in an envelope for free.

Ye AM Radio ATR.
smile.gif

The new ATE,s sound sadly not much better than the ATR, the won,s with the Shrink Tube i mean. The best sounding ATE,s were the ones that came in the Königssegg Box.  

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #15,074 of 64,102
Hire some Measurements.
biggrin.gif

ZST Original=Twisted

ZS3 Original=Coaxial 

ZST Silver=Braided

The all Sound different, not because of ther dc Resistance.(dis LCR Meter Measures actually at 1 KHz AC)  Because of the different Builds.
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #15,075 of 64,102
Tbh, I would NOT recommend ZST to any extravagant bass-head or anyone who is sensitive to high (treble) spikes. 

To get a better bass sound, make sure they fit in your ears perfectly, good tips will definitely pay off (try different provided tips or buy foam tips from a 3rd-party company) - I've already ordered a couple of Comply T400 foam tips and still waiting, btw.

It (their highs) was annoying at first, but then I realize the source of your music is somewhat important too, so make sure you have a good quality music in the first place.

Even though I am (sort of) a bass-head, I wound say that a ZST purchase is a no-brainer and I have no regret, especially in this range of $$ ! :gs1000smile:  

Cheers!

Yes the Comply T400 tips sound great with the ZST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back