Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 4, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #15,032 of 64,271
I have, and to similar results but I found that with the stock cable the colourful model is slightly harsher and I believe this is due to lack of burn in.

I left them burning over night and I will test them again with fresh ears once I feel that they sound as identical as possible, if that ever happens.

Let me be clear though, the difference is miniscule so I just want to make sure I eliminate or reduce all the other small factors that might have an impact on the test.
of all things that don't burn in, cables are the highest at the list so save your time :)

Jan 4, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #15,035 of 64,271
I have both sets of ZST, black and colored. They both have been used /burned in about 50+ hours, and to me they sound the same. I have the silver cable on order, it's still in China. I will compare once I recieve it. They are definitely one of my favorite iems.

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #15,037 of 64,271
  So I got the ZST Colorful, been listening to them and the other ZST all day and then tried out the silver cable back and forth between the two units and at the risk of losing my credibility on this community I have to say I notice a small difference between the stock cable and the silver one. The silver cable seems to bring down the harshness of the highs slightly and also the mids. It sounds as if there was a very mild filter put upon them but the difference is ever so slight.

To make sure I'm not imagining things, and since I only got the ZST colorful today I'm trying to burn them in and will go back at it tomorrow with fresh ears.

Does anyone else with the silver cable have a similar experience or am I imagining things?

If You have multimeter - measure those two cable L/R/G impedances. In theory, Your "Silver" should have slightly higher impedance.
I have two AE "silver" plated cables and one is ~0.8 Ohm, other ~1.2 Ohm - and I prefer higher impedance cable with my **** 4in1 because it gives me similar result as You noticed (mainly softens too harsh highs).
  I also noticed a slight difference, but my difference was in the opposite direction.  The silver cable made things a little brighter, which I believe is more in line with the general silver plated vs pure copper wire differences.

Depends, most HQ copper cables I have tried and own are actually better than those cheap AE "silver" plater cables.

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #15,038 of 64,271
  If You have multimeter - measure those two cable L/R/G impedances. In theory, Your "Silver" should have slightly higher impedance.
I have two AE "silver" plated cables and one is ~0.8 Ohm, other ~1.2 Ohm - and I prefer higher impedance cable with my **** 4in1 because it gives me similar result as You noticed (mainly softens too harsh highs).
Depends, most HQ copper cables I have tried and own are actually better than those cheap AE "silver" plater cables.

My silver cables have lower impedance (~1.2ohm) than the stock ones (~1.6ohm), which matches what I hear.

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #15,039 of 64,271
Yes the ZST does not sound so good on surses with more than 5ohm output impedance.

I have yet to try but it does sound different when plugged in my laptop. It sounds better compared to when I use my phone or tablet.

I think I'm going back to my ZS3's. The ZST sounds a bit forward sounding for me and highs can become harsh with some tracks. I would have to agree that it sounds fairly good but it did not have the wow factor I had with my ZS3.

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #15,041 of 64,271
Seller messaged back and asked for pictures of what I received and the packaging. I tossed the packaging so I described the shipping label and sent a picture of the IEMs themselves. Let's hope they refund me for the missing 2

Very nice integration by parts in the background! A level C3?
The AZ series look so interesting, I just wish I spoke Chinese to read all those reviews on their website. Also this thread is rediculous, just so many responses. What is the most popular model? I'm about to try out the ATE and I'm not sure what to expect from them except for value for money

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #15,042 of 64,271
Looks like calculus 2 to me.  u-sub.  Calc 2 was fine for me, but calculus 3 is a completely different story lmao..

I'm quite happy with my ATR.  ED9 is a little bit too extreme for me - either really bassy or kinda tinny when swapping the filters.  Still waiting on my ZS3(grr, a later gearbest order came in yesterday, too...), and might pick up a ZST when the price comes down a pit.

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #15,043 of 64,271
Very nice integration by parts in the background! A level C3?
The AZ series look so interesting, I just wish I spoke Chinese to read all those reviews on their website. Also this thread is rediculous, just so many responses. What is the most popular model? I'm about to try out the ATE and I'm not sure what to expect from them except for value for money

Haha, I didn't think anyone would notice my Pure Math. It's CAPE Unit 2 Pure Math

Looks like calculus 2 to me.  u-sub.  Calc 2 was fine for me, but calculus 3 is a completely different story lmao..

I'm quite happy with my ATR.  ED9 is a little bit too extreme for me - either really bassy or kinda tinny when swapping the filters.  Still waiting on my ZS3(grr, a later gearbest order came in yesterday, too...), and might pick up a ZST when the price comes down a pit.

Yes, it's Calculus 2

Also, success in the refund for the missing EDR2

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #15,044 of 64,271
Point #1: Ordering stuff from China can be fun sometimes. You order. You wait. You get surprised when something you forgot about shows up!

Point #2: I don't like IEM's any more. I don't want to listen to them. Having them jammed in my ears makes me nervous. I haven't listened to IEM's in quite a while....

Point #3: I'm not feeling nervous right now. I'm feeling rather amazed at these ED9's that cost me $14CAD. Had they cost quite a bit more, I'd be rather satisfied. Nice build. Cool tuning nozzles. And damn, they sound great! Like I said, I'm pretty amazed. Kinda scared now wondering how the higher end KZ models sound.

Point #4: when @Lorspeaker hypes, it's worth a listen!
beerchug.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #15,045 of 64,271
Point #1: Ordering stuff from China can be fun sometimes. You order. You wait. You get surprised when something you forgot about shows up!

Point #2: I don't like IEM's any more. I don't want to listen to them. Having them jammed in my ears makes me nervous. I haven't listened to IEM's in quite a while....

Point #3: I'm not feeling nervous right now. I'm feeling rather amazed at these ED9's that cost me $14CAD. Had they cost quite a bit more, I'd be rather satisfied. Nice build. Cool tuning nozzles. And damn, they sound great! Like I said, I'm pretty amazed. Kinda scared now wondering how the higher end KZ models sound.

Point #4: when @Lorspeaker
 hypes, it's worth a listen!
:beerchug:

To talk about point number 4. I never liked IEMs much until very recently. Now that I do, even though I don't like them being in my ears for too long, I can wear them because of their unobtrusiveness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back