Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 4, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #15,047 of 64,272
To talk about point number 4. I never liked IEMs much until very recently. Now that I do, even though I don't like them being in my ears for too long, I can wear them because of their unobtrusiveness

My main problem with IEMs is that my ears get fatigued by the bass after a while, which also results in some mild tinnitus in my left ear flaring up (greatly reduced with either earbuds and headphones).

Regardless, the ED9's sound damned good! I'm really enjoying the brass filters at the moment.

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #15,048 of 64,272
My main problem with IEMs is that my ears get fatigued by the bass after a while, which also results in some mild tinnitus in my left ear flaring up (greatly reduced with either earbuds and headphones).

Regardless, the ED9's sound damned good! I'm really enjoying the brass filters at the moment.

Huh, that's interesting, mine just get sore from the tips.

Ordering the ATR when I get my refund. 2 of them. 1 for me and one for my buddy whose HDS3 won't arrive in time

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #15,050 of 64,272
  If You have multimeter - measure those two cable L/R/G impedances. In theory, Your "Silver" should have slightly higher impedance.
I have two AE "silver" plated cables and one is ~0.8 Ohm, other ~1.2 Ohm - and I prefer higher impedance cable with my **** 4in1 because it gives me similar result as You noticed (mainly softens too harsh highs).
Depends, most HQ copper cables I have tried and own are actually better than those cheap AE "silver" plater cables.

Hi, shouldn't the silver have lower impedance compared to regular cable due to their properties ? 

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #15,051 of 64,272
Wayne..since u already hit the Buybutton once..
Might as well cover all the basses..err bases..
ATR for jus the fone...
AS3 for ipad...
KZT for yr higher level setups..
$30 with some change left over.

Then save some hamburger$$$ for the 5drivermonster to be serv3d..in 2mths??

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #15,052 of 64,272
Just received my ZST and initial impressions out of the box are WOW!

Crystal clear highs loads of detail massive soundstage and great bass that digs deep.

Can't understand how anyone could not like them?????

I made sure the cables were connected properly as I'm sure that's partly the reason for such mixed reviews.

Definitely my favourite KZ over the ate and atr

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #15,054 of 64,272
Speaking of ear tips:
I've been listening to my ATE (5th gen) and at first i was not getting "the bass" everyone talks about.
This was with the small silicone tips provided... I then tried with the large ones, and OMG!!!
Strong bass appeared out of the blue! Awesome what different tips can do!
My other KZ's, the ZS3, are a different beast, i get good bass even with the medium tips.

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #15,055 of 64,272

Crystal clear highs loads of detail massive soundstage and great bass that digs deep.

I made sure the cables were connected properly as I'm sure that's partly the reason for such mixed reviews.

Have been wanting the ZST a long time but holding of because had to recieve other IEMS first(like vivo EX800 and Senzer H1€

How are they compared to the senzer?

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #15,056 of 64,272

Welcome to the KZ ZST club! :smiley: Good to see another happy headfier here! :smiley: And for me they are definitely number 1 too.

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #15,058 of 64,272
I also received my first zst today. My fave iem are havi, vsonic and ty hiz g3, so sound stage and detail for me. Have to say for the money these are pretty good.

I wear mine down and they fit like a glove with spiral dot tips.

I got the original black/ silver, do the new colorful have same sq?

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #15,059 of 64,272
Listening to the ATR, ATE (2 months), and Tennmak Pro (since christmas), here are my FINAL thoughts. I'm going to refrain from commenting on this thread until a new KZ product comes out, or I get something like the ED9's.

Tennmak Pro is the clear winner between these three, but lets go over the rest.

ATE: Full but what I consider to be a neutral sound, with possibly a little bump at around 5-6k which makes vocals and some guitars pop. Bass extension and high extension are clean and reserved, but still there - the signature is slightly less warm than the Tennmak's, but the high extension is reserved in a great way. Not an ultra wide soundstage like the ZST's, but clarity is definitely there. Sub bass is reserved, but there (ZHU - Money). I like these a lot.

The ATR is very neutral, but it cuts at like 11k and has poor low response. There's nothing fun, nothing exciting, and they lack details. While they do have a soundstage, who cares when the rest of the audio is terrible. It's like listening to compressed AM radio. There is definitely a reason these are $4, and it's because they aren't very good. They aren't ED12 bad, but they're not good. If you need a headphone under $5, it'll work, but for a few $ more you can get the ATE, or ZST.

If you want a better sound than the ATR, find the newest version of the ATE's.

ATR's sit right on the bottom of my list with the ED12's

In Order:

ZST

Tennmak Pro
ATE
ATR

SHE3590
ED12

The ATR's will likely go in the trash unless someone wants me to ship them to them. If you want them, feel free to PM me and I'll toss them in an envelope for free. GONE

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #15,060 of 64,272
Have been wanting the ZST a long time but holding of because had to recieve other IEMS first(like vivo EX800 and Senzer H1€

How are they compared to the senzer?

I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say I prefer the ZST to the Senzers.

They have 2 completely different signatures though as the Senzers have more mid bass and less prominent highs.

The ZSTs are as bright as the XE800s with more bass and sound better than them too.

I was honestly VERY shocked at how good the ZSTs sounded for the price and remembered why I love this hobby!

Just don't go for them if you don't like treble!

NB

Just tried them on my phone (LG g4 with viper4android) and they sound a little harsh compared to my Xduuo X3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back