Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 22, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #9,721 of 63,878
Thanks to you too Coil, I don't know much about new model because ed 9,10 are more well known kz out there, I just want to try one and see if it can be my new giant killer
biggrin.gif
:D can you choose the most one you like?

I'd personally recommend ED9. Partly because I personally like it a lot, especially with brass nozzles, but also because you have two sound signatures to experiment with because of the exchangeable nozzles. :)

Also, that black version looks gooooooood :wink:

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #9,722 of 63,878

That`s why I told him that not much improvement to expect from KZ family over Ostry KC06A.
Hmmm, haven`t noticed that from user impressions
Thats why I put it out as something from different sound signature as Ostry.
Well, yes, but still noticed only good comments about them so far with good potential and solid impressions.
sorry, my bad, forgot for a moment that he doesn`t want over-ear style.

Thanks to you too Coil, I don't know much about new model because ed 9,10 are more well known kz out there, I just want to try one and see if it can be my new giant killer
biggrin.gif
:D can you choose the most one you like?

Out of KZ family (the ones I have), I would say KZ ATE 2nd edition which I have heavily modded and is another story...
By now, from stock configuration products, I would probably choose ZN1mini which should be similar to ATE (according to impressions).
But this is only my subjective opinion with my personal gear, music taste and sound signature preferences and according to what I`ve read so far about newer KZ`s - it may not apply to You. But since You didn`t want over-ear wearing style - these are no-go for You anyway.
You should probably jump on ED9 / ED11 / EDR2 or HDS1 (I would choose HDS1 out of these).

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #9,723 of 63,878
Out of KZ family (the ones I have), I would say KZ ATE 2nd edition which I have heavily modded and is another story...
By now, from stock configuration products, I would probably choose ZN1mini which should be similar to ATE (according to impressions).
But this is only my subjective opinion with my personal gear, music taste and sound signature preferences and according to what I`ve read so far about newer KZ`s - it may not apply to You. But since You didn`t want over-ear wearing style - these are no-go for You anyway.
You should probably jump on ED9 / ED11 / EDR2 or HDS1 (I would choose HDS1 out of these).

I will definitely back the ED9 and EDR2. I think the EDR2 is the better of theatre, but the filter options of the ED9 are nice.

CoiL Do you have the EDR2? I'd be interested in hearing what you think of them.

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #9,724 of 63,878
Not yet... and Idk If I bother, probably going to mod VE Monks and after that buying something from higher league (Fidue A73, Oriveti Primacy, MEE audio Pinnacle P1, Trinity Techne on my wish list).
Only reason I`m buying cheaper KZ`s is modding fun but lately I`ve jumped back to my unfinished full-size cans modding and wish to do some special speakers for my old restored receiver system too. Plenty of other projects needing attention and I think I`ve found my fav cheap IEM in "face" of WOM-mod. Maybe when I get bored sometime, will check those newer KZ`s but otherwise I see it now as waste of money and instead I recommend to buy only 1 KZ (depending on gear/music/taste and recommendations) and listen to it while saving money for higher tier IEM`s.

Edit: Wanted to add that I know KZ IEM can be addictive but think about it - for example saving up on 4-5 KZ`s You could buy Fidue A65 which should be better in every aspect than KZ`s (from what I`ve read and looking at frequency graphs and technical specifications), also quality is not comparable. There are other IEM`s to save up too. KZ is fun to explore but if one is not interested in modding then my recommendation - save Your money and get something with higher SQ and PQ.

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #9,725 of 63,878
Well everyone in here knows my fondness for the ED9's however because of their weight I would not suggest them to someone who prefers non over ear feed. HDS1 or EDR2 (if that's the aluminum housing ones, not sure as I don't have them but they seem very popular right now), but for sure one of the lighter housing models for direct hang down.

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #9,726 of 63,878
Pod I wear my ED9 wire down with no weight issues with medium tips. Still love em.

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #9,727 of 63,878
  ...however because of their weight I would not suggest them to someone who prefers non over ear feed. HDS1 or EDR2 (if that's the aluminum housing ones, not sure as I don't have them but they seem very popular right now), but for sure one of the lighter housing models for direct hang down.

+1

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #9,728 of 63,878
Pod I wear my ED9 wire down with no weight issues with medium tips. Still love em.

Could just be the angle of my ear canals plus I find I move my head around a lot and they just seem to come loose on me but if they work down for you that is great. While we are on here did that tip pack you sent me have a pair of Auvio tips in it? Trying to figure out where I stuck that dang bag
redface.gif
Want to try it with my Zircon's, I was a little harsh last time I had something to say about them
eek.gif
Seems like you did throw in one set but was not sure!

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #9,731 of 63,878

Could just be the angle of my ear canals plus I find I move my head around a lot and they just seem to come loose on me but if they work down for you that is great. While we are on here did that tip pack you sent me have a pair of Auvio tips in it? Trying to figure out where I stuck that dang bag
redface.gif
Want to try it with my Zircon's, I was a little harsh last time I had something to say about them
eek.gif
Seems like you did throw in one set but was not sure!

Yea I put the Puro tips in a seperate bag and marked it so you would know...howz that workin out for ya?  Kids today...
wink.gif

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #9,732 of 63,878
  Yea I put the Puro tips in a seperate bag and marked it so you would know...howz that workin out for ya?  Kids today...
wink.gif

LOL, kids today is about to turn 60! Think I left that Bag'O Tips at the house but I remember a little bag in the bag with Puro on it
bigsmile_face.gif
I'll try them on my Zirc's and let you know
wink_face.gif

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #9,733 of 63,878
I just ordered the KZ ATE and I'm looking to buy the KZ ZN1. I am just wondering though if the ZN1's are a nice addition to the ATE. I don't really care about the unpracticallity of the ZN1 because I will have the ATE anyways. Just looking for the best possible sound for the money. The ZN1 about 25dollars on ali. Please let me know if you have any advice.

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #9,734 of 63,878
  I just ordered the KZ ATE and I'm looking to buy the KZ ZN1. I am just wondering though if the ZN1's are a nice addition to the ATE. I don't really care about the unpracticallity of the ZN1 because I will have the ATE anyways. Just looking for the best possible sound for the money. The ZN1 about 25dollars on ali. Please let me know if you have any advice.

The original amped ZN1 are nice however you may not like the amp location and length of the cables. They for sure sound different than the ATE
wink_face.gif

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #9,735 of 63,878
Thanks for your respons. I'm aware of the short cables and amp location, but I don't think I'm going to find that a big problem, because I'm planning to just use them at home, for media consumption (watching movies, YouTube and obviously listening to music). What do you think of the sound quality of the zn1. Are there other comparable earphones? Can they really compare with some earphones with way higher pricepoints? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back