Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 21, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #9,707 of 64,036
Just want to add here, for anyone considering the EDR2: With a good seal and the right tips these can sound really nice BUT the back edge of the phones is very sharp, as in not rounded / smoothed off and depending how they sit in your ear this can cause some discomfort.

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #9,708 of 64,036
Hey guys!

I've been burning-in my new KZ-ATN (probably the ZN1 version with unusually thick wires?) for over 20 hours now. At first listen, It had a lot of mid-bass presense, but will ocassually hit sub-bass notes when called for, while the upper mid-range and treble sounds very nice and clear!....Almost transparent at times!

But, wow!....the bass presense is enormous! I assume, that's why it has such a wide and BIG soundstage.
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #9,709 of 64,036
  If You are going for ATE don`t take ATE-S version because some claim it to be too bassy. V1silver or V2translucent black is good.

Other recommendations would be ED9, ED11, HDS1, ZN1mini and maybe some newcomers like EDR2 and HDS3.

Give us Your genre and sound preference for better recommendations.

i listen to mostly trance/vocal trance > classical > then prog metal

want something warm

Feb 22, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #9,710 of 64,036

If You are going for ATE don`t take ATE-S version because some claim it to be too bassy. V1silver or V2translucent black is good.

Other recommendations would be ED9, ED11, HDS1, ZN1mini and maybe some newcomers like EDR2 and HDS3.

Give us Your genre and sound preference for better recommendations.

How d you tell v1 from v2? I have a silver ate and the ate-s. Used to have translucent ATE not sure which version, those are now broken but they were my favorite so I need to find where to order them from.

I got the translucent ATE from amazon but they only sell it with mic and I don't want one.

Both the ate-s and silver ate are brighter than the translucent ate was

The ate-s should not be considered worse because of bass quantity for any reason. I personally love the extra bass. It is nice bass, not muddy.

ATE-S has different wire exits from driver housing - V1silver and V2translucent has metal and longer wire "reliefs" while S version has black wires and red short plastic exit points.

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #9,711 of 64,036
Hi all kz fan, I need some help, please choose the best kz that suit my (not over the ear style).

I'm mostly listening to pop,rock genre, sometime classical and hip-hop.

I've visang r02(Brainwavz phoalpha) and Ostry kc06a, I prefer kc06a sound better.

Thanks in advance :D

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #9,712 of 64,036
I would say that stay with Ostry KC06A
rolleyes.gif
Not much to improve from KZ IEM SQ unless You just like different sound signature(s).

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #9,715 of 64,036
...and ED9 is one of the best models at the moment.

I think You might be little outdated about that... HDS1, HDS3, EDR2 and even ZN1mini should be on "same level" or even better (depending on personal sound signature preferences and music taste).

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #9,716 of 64,036
I think You might be little outdated about that... HDS1, HDS3, EDR2 and even ZN1mini should be on "same level" or even better (depending on personal sound signature preferences and music taste).

I'm not outdated at all, kc06a is a neutral earphone with attenuated bass. Comes quite close to ed9 with gold filters. Hds1 has too much mid bass and edr2 is too neutral to be as fun sounding as ostry. Hds3 has only delivered broken samples and well zn1 mini don't I know too much about. He doesn't want over ear which zn1 is.

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #9,717 of 64,036
I'm not outdated at all, kc06a is a neutral earphone with attenuated bass. Comes quite close to ed9 with gold filters. Hds1 has too much mid bass and edr2 is too neutral to be as fun sounding as ostry. Hds3 has only delivered broken samples and well zn1 mini don't I know too much about. He doesn't want over ear which zn1 is.

While I haven't tried the Ostry, I agree with you on pretty much everything there. I've got a working pair of HDS3 but I find their sound to be kinda meh, not much better than the HDS2. Decent, but not as good as the others you mentioned.

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #9,718 of 64,036

I'm not outdated at all, kc06a is a neutral earphone with attenuated bass. Comes quite close to ed9 with gold filters.

That`s why I told him that not much improvement to expect from KZ family over Ostry KC06A.
Hds1 has too much mid bass...

Hmmm, haven`t noticed that from user impressions
...and edr2 is too neutral to be as fun sounding as ostry.

Thats why I put it out as something from different sound signature as Ostry.
Hds3 has only delivered broken samples

Well, yes, but still noticed only good comments about them so far with good potential and solid impressions.
and well zn1 mini don't I know too much about. He doesn't want over ear which zn1 is.

sorry, my bad, forgot for a moment that he doesn`t want over-ear style.

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #9,719 of 64,036
Thought that KZ ed10 came near KC06A sound, and ED9 is one of the best models at the moment.

Look like I should blind try 09 :D:D

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #9,720 of 64,036
That`s why I told him that not much improvement to expect from KZ family over Ostry KC06A.
Hmmm, haven`t noticed that from user impressions
Thats why I put it out as something from different sound signature as Ostry.
Well, yes, but still noticed only good comments about them so far with good potential and solid impressions.
sorry, my bad, forgot for a moment that he doesn`t want over-ear style.

Thanks to you too Coil, I don't know much about new model because ed 9,10 are more well known kz out there, I just want to try one and see if it can be my new giant killer :D:D can you choose the most one you like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back